Uniqlo F/W 07.08

doctorgnar

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, lately id been thinking that i should stop wearing my skinny sweats outside the house. now im thinking i should never wear anything else.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-42.jpg

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-45.jpg

i was a uniqlo for the first time yesterday, and i was rather underwhelmed. this all looks fabulous, i agree, i just hope it isnt all due to the gorgeous models and fantastic styling.

I'm not trying to stir up a shit storm, but what I saw on the Mannequins in the NY store last night, it looks good from afar, and is certainly well styled, but up close it falls completely flat.

I'll buy maybe 2 or 3 pieces at most, but I find that Most of the companies attempts at complexity just dont feel right for some reason.

We'll see when it actually hits the shelves...

there are fall items in the nyc store already?

some of the fall stuff is out. left hand side after the first wall of tee shirts...

olive and black field jackets, gray hoodies, stripe long sleeves

The field Jacket was the one piece I liked in that corner. Looks pretty solid.

i was going to pick it up, but it fits weird on me

Great styling but the fit... there's really nothing much in terms of fit. This collection is almost all styling.

Okay, black pants, black boots, black sweater wrapped around neck... plain and easily purchased at other places. The grey sweater pattern's cool I guess, and I would drop money on a cardigan like that.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-34b.jpg

Again, nothing special here. You could get this mix anywhere.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-10b.jpg

Pea coats are a staple... why anyone would laud this is bleh. I have a black one and it's aight, very thin (which is great for california) but the fit is not worth anything more than 80 bucks. I will wait to see how much this peacoat costs in america, I bet it's a better deal in japan.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-19a.jpg

Khakis, a red button up shirt, and a shawl sweater. All styling. H&M and other places have been making pieces like this for ages (maybe not shawl collar) in japan.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-16a.jpg

This is the only unique thing here that I would love to buy at uniqlo prices because of the removable hood. I fail to think of anywhere else I could find something like that at under a hundred dollars... I hope it's gonna be under fifty at the U.S. uniqlo or I wouldn't get it.

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-47.jpg

Does anyone know about the special collections coming up in fall? Any limited designer collections?

that little breakdown is probably spot on Mas, but you have to take into account that,

for the most part, Uniqlo's quality far suprasses H&Ms, and their price is far lower than any mid-level label producing the exact same items.

Saw this peacoat on the display at Uniqlo. It wasn't on any of the pictures so I tried to snap one but as you can see my phone takes poor pictures. Maybe someone can photoshop the glare out of it. It looks like a regular peacoat but has those buttons with loops, you can make them out in the picture. It's one of the nicer pieces for the fall.

uqkc0.jpg