Backpacks

ag229487

if you want outdoorsy:

hobo, japland special TNF (standard, purple, and etc), WM, arcteryx (the one with the center zip)

if you want haute-couturey:

those eastpak collabos, UC, cdg (maybe)

if you want street:

supreme, visvim, lorinza, sag life, nike, incase and etc

if you want crazy electro BS:

KTZ

i'm sure there's more but gregory sucks for sure.

those milspec items are horrible. you guys need to look at better jawnz.

anyone do some serious backpacking in here? looking for recommendations on ≥60L pack.

been looking at vaude for a minute, seem to be good quality and very affordable.

if not.. carry on.

Guest ONLY New York

I've been all on about bags for the longest time. Usually meticulous about pocket placement, construction, functionality, and size. For me some of the basics include water mesh pocket, zipper/taped seams, and main body compartment storing.

Most of my bags come from Dakine, I have some Timbuk2, and some BR messenger slings for suit days, TNF base camp duffle for the gym / carry on flights, and an Arcteryx Hike Pack.

anyone do some serious backpacking in here? looking for recommendations on ≥60L pack.

been looking at vaude for a minute, seem to be good quality and very affordable.

if not.. carry on.

http://www.rei.com/product/778468

I use the flash 65. Backpacker magazine editors choice award winning pack.

Its a good compromise between lightweight and comfort. I use it on 3-4 night trips and its got ample room.Plus its rei brand, so its backed w. life guarantee. Ive never heard of vaude, I would really look into their warranty. Its worthwhile to get a bag at rei or equivalent so you can return it easily for another size or if it breaks down.

I also really recommend golite. They use lots of green material, and win tons of gear of the year awards for quality/eco.

My lady uses a golite. Its more on the ultralight/minimalist tip, but thats a good thing. No bells n whistles, just a pack that shaves pounds when it counts.

My buddy uses the jam as well, and swears by it.

http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=151002110&mc=176&t=&lat=

http://www.rei.com/product/778468

I use the flash 65. Backpacker magazine editors choice award winning pack.

Its a good compromise between lightweight and comfort. I use it on 3-4 night trips and its got ample room.Plus its rei brand, so its backed w. life guarantee. Ive never heard of vaude, I would really look into their warranty. Its worthwhile to get a bag at rei or equivalent so you can return it easily for another size or if it breaks down.

I also really recommend golite. They use lots of green material, and win tons of gear of the year awards for quality/eco.

My lady uses a golite. Its more on the ultralight/minimalist tip, but thats a good thing. No bells n whistles, just a pack that shaves pounds when it counts.

My buddy uses the jam as well, and swears by it.

http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=151002110&mc=176&t=&lat=

rei lifetime return ftw.

that pack looks awesome.

^ I got the Vandal, that thing is massive ! Construction is solid, the fabric is pretty stiff which makes zip/unzipping the two small front pockets hard at times. Other than that it does what's advertised. Only problem I've encoutered is that when riding in the drops the top of the bag digs into the back of my neck when I raise my head to look aroud, the belt would probably help and my riding position is a bit fucked so ymmv.

Anyone has a Master-Piece bag ? been meaning to buy one