Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

I don't know, I've finished a pattern for a knee high boot, but the sewing is going to be a lot of work. I'm considering pushing this project back and making a chukka shape bootie, but with the little flappy tassles like on Visvims, Native American style. I don't know though, there are so many variations I have a lot of choices.

awesome fg0d. im fully suportive all your ideas sound nice. i started to design a AW collection last year that was based on inuit dress..

would be v.interested to see how you get along.. i know this stuff can take a while though especially if your just starting out so i wont pester you.. drop me a pm or something when you get a bit further with it... sounds great so far

I was bragging to Docgnar a while back when he got those russel moccasin boots how I was gonna get those chukka's I linked above, but I still haven't put in my order, and the wait time (since they are fully custom) is 3 months.

I suck.

Chukkas rule.

I was just gonna ask. You'd be dipping in them by now.

No ideas are solid. I've got a pattern created for the boots already. Another style I like was this pointy toed shoe where leather on the right side of your shoe wraps over to the left side over the front and forms a cross over the front. Hard to explain, cool look but a little bit elfish.

ps: I may commence a protype in chap leather this week or next week.

Does anyone know a good sewing machine for working with a few layers of denim? I found this on craigslist, don't know shit about it, but it looks sexy. I can get vintage machines too, so let me know what is good, but not the best.

01010001020601030720070up1.jpg

Its a franklin rotary 23 or some shit.

they really stuck to that theme, now i'm interested in tracking down other issues.

i like the idea and the execution- but a 'theme' that i'm more interested in would be fantastic.

looks like you a have a budding market; any possibility of a BEGSWEAR line of

photo shirts?

yes, very nice and thick. I was hoping for a little more variation then 250 pages of face portraits but thats ok.

I know how that goes. As a magazine/design.photo/ junkie, I am always suckering myself into buying these "cool new magazines" but often times, the form says more than the content. Or in this case, the "concept" can be kind of oppressive and stifling.

I think that in recent memory, A Magazine has done best what I desire. Which is something that can be read, is well photographed, designed, and thought out, and encourages future viewings.

I know how that goes. As a magazine/design.photo/ junkie, I am always suckering myself into buying these "cool new magazines"

i try to avoid paying for them as often as possible, until i know they're worth my money.

the thing with fanzine137 is that it is one guy in spain who, for whatever reason, manages to get huuuge names to contribute to his 'fanzine'. i don't know what his connections or affiliations are, but this 'fanzine' looks fifteen times better than what you'd expect from one person's layout and design skills. each issue has a theme, this particular issue was faces- so, understandably, the bulk of the pages featured photos by everyone from mario testino to wolfgang tillmans of faces, or their favorite portraits they've shot, blah blah.

he needs to do an issue on tits, i say.