the supertalk look...what is it?

haptronic

^ only a small percentage of SF'ers post WAWYT's, so people are into lots of stuff but never end up sharing. Ddohnggo and Fuuma probably have wardrobes that are worth as much as a nice car, but I've seen like 3 WAWYT's from them a piece, max. Cheap posts fits that are usually similar by season or month, but that dude has like 99483092 pairs of shoes and nobody notices.

Likewise I can't be fucked to take a picture of what I wear and going through the hassle of resizing, uploading, and posting, and have the feeling most other people are the same.

i was being half-sarcastic about the AA black cardigan/AA ash-white v-neck/dry slim jeans/white sneakers but realized after posting that even i have that exact shit, it was kind of embarrassing. If I took a picture wearing it and cut off my face you might think I was moy.

Superbobo made a good call on the three camps, but I'd add the high-end label stealth wealth freaks like coldrice, fuuma, ddohnggo, etc. Mike lowrey is quickly joining that club too.

i find this image interesting...as four of the people in it are high profile waywt posters...well known and liked...yet it is far easier to see the differences in what they are wearing than the similarities...yet when i think of how people dress in waywt any one of Crillz rirawin darkanimal or sphoxx may come to mind...

I think this has alot to do with fact they are all standing next to each other, and there is no one else there.

Apart from Crilzz's chicken legs (jk) they all have similar jeans in fit, there is a total lack of colour in the picture, they even all have the same swagger. Put this group in the middle of crowded place and they would look like they would look like they fit together.

BUut at the same time I agree with a Hap and other poster, while similar they are all different, and this is what makes the sufu fit.

Posters interpret the style and make it their own.

damn thats real talk. except for the minority (termite_zee and seenmy for example) most superfuture heads rock black, brown, grey, white, and of course denim. contrasted with the people where i have lived, america and to a lesser degree spain, superfuturians go for a basic dark or grey/white color scheme, with of course tight clothing. this may be too simple to answer haptronic's question, which i think would be better named something to the extent of the really small trends, and details within the realm of sufu. or maybe not?

ps: crillz is fuckin' fly

I also think talking about the typical sufu fit and general fits in WAYWT is troublesome.

Most posters who post in the WAYWT spread the same pictures around to other forums. I think the milspex / 78 / chard / terminitezee style could be attributed to forums like 5th D, while Fuuma / xcoldricex / Nairb / etc post on other forums like steez and tFS.

So how much can we claim there looks? (I'm not saying they're not influenced by sufu, just not entirely) then again no style exists in a vacuum.

What style do you guys think sufu is unique for?

With a handful of cats and another bearing pidgeons, I'm going to say that perhaps the SF fit/silhouette is not vastly different from the fits that you see all over the fashion conscious high street. By this I mean that once the trend has trickled down into the mainstream through press, media and celebrity stylists et al we're all essentially wearing the same thing. Granted there will have been someone or something that triggered the trend or fit initially but once it hits the masses the SF fit just blends in. In my mind the main difference is that we all pay vastly more money for the key items to enjoy the benefits of good quality material and construction.

yeah... looking at an apple commercial on tv last night i thought how with a few minor tweaks the guy could be wearing a sufu fit... black cardi, plain tee(tho blue, not white), black slim jeans, plain shoes.

it could be that we did it first, as i have seen things that a small few did last year catching on now(boat shoes and jeans rolled up past ankles)

It's easier to list the females who've posted a fit, than to define a sufu fem look. The current sufu (pre-DH+AA+vans) look is generally a neuter one, and has no gender lines. Maybe this will change. On that note, I'm waiting for a guy here to show up in a dress or skirt. Failing that, how about some thigh highs a la T. Browne? You can even wear the short shorts.

I had the exact same thought walking through town yesterday. My train of thought eventually ended up at the mental image of Kixslf wearing a miniskirt.

Anyone ever seen Gregg Araki's film The Living End? I watched it this weekend and the character John reminded me of the Superfuture fit: skinny dude wearing a cardigan, Joy Division t-shirt, slim-fit pin-rolled Levis, and some chucks. Wish I could find a pic.

Bear in mind this film was made in 1992.

Sometimes the look's a bit lumberjack prostitute with those tight jeans.

Back on topic, how often do you see a sufu look on the street? I barely see them on campus, but when I'm in my neighbourhood, I'll see a few guys wearing ballcrushing jeans and striped shirts, with chucks. Have yet to see the black AA cardigan though. No crazy urban ninja styles either.

depends on the neighborhood//but on campus, i maybe see two or three guys regularly with sufu fits--i know there's more around in the chem, earth sciences, math (at least two TAs), and probably english departments. more than a few in the arts/architecture college.

their stuff may not be nearly as expensive as some ppl's, but the look is definitely there.

lucky quoting and complaining is quicker than contributing poly800rock...or else you would appear foolish...

further on the topic...if i may take b i z z y's cue and discount the idea that the female fit is different enough to warrant separate discussion...

then i would like to consider this image...

rooftop3.jpg

i find this image interesting...as four of the people in it are high profile waywt posters...well known and liked...yet it is far easier to see the differences in what they are wearing than the similarities...yet when i think of how people dress in waywt any one of Crillz rirawin darkanimal or sphoxx may come to mind...

I completely disagree. i always thought darkanimal was one of the most unique standout posters until i saw this pic. Maybe it's the setting of his usual white wall/dark clothing that is so contrasting. And it's not even to say that he still doesn't dress well, because obviously he does, but in no disrespect, he's just one of the guys here. as far as superfuture fits go, these are all very nice, but the similarities are shocking to me.

i think a pic with milspex, hap, darkanimal, djrajio, ddml, and cheap would basically encompass a majority of posters on this board. each one drastically different and each fit is them wearing the clothes and not vice versa.

i think a pic with milspex, hap, darkanimal, djrajio, ddml, and cheap would basically encompass a majority of posters on this board. each one drastically different and each fit is them wearing the clothes and not vice versa.

damn... that would be ill...