deoderant that doesn't ruin your shirts

mens_deodorant_big.jpg

It's smells a little strong when putting it on but last a long time without using nasty chemicals and still lets you sweat. Never had a problem with stains either.

If alcohol burns your underarms then there is something wrong (chafing or other chemical burns from nasty things in your deodorant). Most deodorants use it because it is the first step to getting rid of the stink. The alcohol kills the bacteria that causes the BO. In fact, sometimes the best thing is no deodorant and just use a good alcohol (not the 99 cent drugstore stuff) and maybe some good body lotion.

oh and drink more water.

anything with aluminum will stain your shirts overtime..

edit: i started this thread over a year ago, i picked up the addidas cottontech anti perspirant with no aluminum and it has changed my sweat problesm forever...

never really sweat anymore unless it is really hot out/physical activity, also my shirts never get stains anymore from the deoderant

the only sad part about this is they discontinued the deoderant, and it is no longer available in stores....

I've worn Mitchum for years now and usually it does the trick for wetness but it stains my shirts. Thing is I want to switch but I can't find anything else that doesn't have fragrance. Anyone know of any that do not have aluminum AND are unscented?

Tom's natural aluminum free deodorant (comes in unscented or apricot). I still sweat, but at least it's completely odorless and my shirts are unstained.

If you're not a sweaty, hairy, beast of a man, then you probably don't need a pharmacy strength antiperspirant, unless you're working out or something...

I switched over to Anthonys a while back, it was a anti-anti-persperent and that shit had me funky as hell... I'm going to try Mitchums & Toms next I think...

glenn o'brien recommends this weleda shit... anyone ever tried it? shit is like 10$ per.

weledacitrusdeodorant.jpg

I tried it and it doesn't seem to stain, but I also found that it doesn't last long enough (for me, at least.) By like 4-5pm I needed to re-apply.

edit: i started this thread over a year ago, i picked up the addidas cottontech anti perspirant with no aluminum and it has changed my sweat problesm forever...

never really sweat anymore unless it is really hot out/physical activity, also my shirts never get stains anymore from the deoderant

the only sad part about this is they discontinued the deoderant, and it is no longer available in stores....

Why was it discontinued?? I was just getting amped to pick some up.

IF U DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WEARING GIRL DEODORANT

then its all about the Secret deodorants that come in gel form in the blue sparkly tubes...they have all these bullshit 'georgia peach' and 'chai latte' and 'cinnamon sugar pancake bonzanza' and whatever smells but they also come unscented and they never ever stain.

just saying

I'll try it out when the Sharps runs out. Sharps did all right today, what didn't you like about it?

Mitchum 48hour. Most hardcore stuff I've found thus far.

As to staining your shirts... LET YOUR DEODORANT DRY BEFORE YOU GET DRESSED. Having said that, the only white piece of clothing I now own is a dress shirt.

I'm just wondering how much deodorant do you guys spray? Mine's a light squeeze and pretty much dries on impact.

I've seen guys at the gym spraying half a can at one go. (3)

Currently using cheap Nivea dry impact, I never had any problem with deodorant staining.

I'm just wondering how much deodorant do you guys spray? Mine's a light squeeze and pretty much dries on impact.

Currently using cheap Nivea dry impact, I never had any problem with deodorant staining.

i do one click each pit, one pass...

I use rollon... aerosols are weird and clumpy (and kill the ozone layer anyhow).

I wore Old Spice High Endurance for the longest...since they started making it years back...no aluminum and I never had a problem with any odors emanating from me. But it DID stain my undershirts...I think I've got both blue'ish stains (cause I didn't wait til it was totally dry) and I think I've seen a copper'ish stain here or there (weird since they claim there isn't any aluminum).

Recently, spring, I switched to that Thai Crystal jawn and I must say it works pretty a-okay. No stains...no aluminum, unscented, and no odor problems unless you've had a VERY athletic day in the heat (I've worked out and come back without any issues...only a hint of odor was on my undershirt and who the fuck wants to repeat wear undershirts after the gym).

thanks for the recommendation of tom's... i picked some up today and while it didn't keep me totally dry (nothing will biking for hours in 90 degree weather) i smell like a baby's clean bottom and i'm looking forward to no longer ruining my white tees over time. i used mitchum scentless for the longest time and that shit has tons of aluminum in it. it stopped working for me anyhow, i needed to switch.

Yeah, had been using this for the past few years, but even before it was dc'ed, always had a hard time finding it. Just never all that popular I guess. But good stuff.

Since, have been using one of the Degrees and now Old Spice w/ no AL, both been decent so far, no major stains as of yet...

IF U DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WEARING GIRL DEODORANT

then its all about the Secret deodorants that come in gel form in the blue sparkly tubes...they have all these bullshit 'georgia peach' and 'chai latte' and 'cinnamon sugar pancake bonzanza' and whatever smells but they also come unscented and they never ever stain.

just saying

that shit may be strong enough for a man, but its pH balanced for women...

• 7 years later...

^ mate, always wear deodorant. Even when it's freezing out.

Nivea and Dove have this thing, at least in europe, without perfume parabenes and alcohol. Called Pure, I think. Never made any stains or spots in my clothes. Best thing is also that it doenst interfere with your perfume either.

I've used Crystal deoderant exclusively for a couple of years now. It works way better than any of the natural ones I've tried like Tom's as far as preventing stink goes. I used to go with the rock, which lasts forever, but have found for me the liquid one works a bit better.