Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

as i promised before, i finally did the coffee soak to my NFxMomotaro pair.

200days; 1 greentea soak 1 wash 1 coffee soak

before coffee soak

IMG_5175_reszied.jpg

IMG_5180_resizesd.jpg

leave them in the bucket for an hour, rinse once then hang them to dry

IMG_5181resized.jpg

IMG_5192_resized.jpg

IMG_5194_resized.jpg

so do you notice the difference? :)

ps. i try my best to get the actual color and they are pretty much similar

^thanks!

i already wrote something about the fabric detail few pages back, but just in case you havent read it, here you go...

here's a bit detail of the fabric

these number explain the type of cotton used on JB07xx, JB01xx, JB04xx for ex; JB0701, JB0101, JB0103 etc etc....

01= 14.8OZ Selvage 100% Texas Cotton

02= 13.5OZ No Selvage 100% Zimbabwe Cotton

03= 14OZ 100% Zimbabwe Cotton

00SP= 14.8OZ 100% Texas Cotton (the battle stripes)

0700SP and 0100SP are the same 14.8oz texas cotton and they are also the same cotton as JB101 and JB701, right rubyblue?

unfortunately i'm not Momotaro dealer, i have no clue of the best selling one since asian, european and us markets are different but i can tell you that GTB and Vintage labels are most favorite ones.

Nice Kayodic,

And I have question.

Are Japan Blue x Momotaro (0700-SP, 0100-SP, JB101, JB701 ) using the same denim?

And what is the best selling of momotaro?201?

Thanks

@jigsaw, mario right?

yes i am and you are?

0700SP and 0100SP are the same 14.8oz texas cotton and they are also the same cotton as JB101 and JB701, right rubyblue?

Yup!

0201 & 0701 are about equal. It merely depends on the region...

But as Max said : loose is the new skinny :-)

Very nice! Momos seam to stay pretty dark, even with consistant wear and washes. Must spread.

isn't it great that your lovely momos don't fade so easily and quickly like nudies for example.

different fabric seriousily? where did you get this info? When I was at the momotaro store in harajuku, the girl at the shop told me the war model use the same fabric as the vintage models... only moon reflector, or copper/gold models use different fabrics

it depends on how you soak 0701. hot soak will shrink the jeans more but in general 0705sp and 0701 (after soak) have the same fit. both are 15.7 oz zimbabwe cotton with different yarn (vintage label uses 0s yarn, GTB label uses 6s yarn).

^walking momo dictionary! :D Haven't they still hired you?

haha... if they did hire me, i wouldnt be joining the the 5th anniversary Samurai contest, so good news for you and b_F :D thanks anyway, i'll take it as compliment....

different fabric seriousily? where did you get this info? When I was at the momotaro store in harajuku, the girl at the shop told me the war model use the same fabric as the vintage models... only moon reflector, or copper/gold models use different fabrics

yes they are the same fabrics (i already said they were the same 15.7oz zimbabwe cotton). the 0s and 6s yarn things are rather confusing for some people including me. i think what Momotaro is trying to say in their site or catalogue is that Vintage Label are preshrunk/unsanforized jeans using the thickest yarn (0s), the warp and weft yarns are quite loose and after initial soak, the fibers will get packed and the denim will shrink. take into account that leg twisting (skewing) will feature on this label as the vintage jeans are supposed to be. meanwhile the GTB label is the sanforized version of Vintage label, the shrinkage has been removed to prevent the skewing (they also wrote it their site, thanks Rapunzel for the link), that's why the super dense 6s yarn is used for GTB label.

hopefully i explained it a bit :)