SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have a pair of Japan Blue x Momotaro for about 4 years. Wear 6 month per year, 3 days a week. Didn't wash them for 3 first years, after that washed for 2-3 times: lightly, inside-out, by hands, in my bathtube. I'm not a fan of fading, I prefer dark denim, so that's why I wasn't wash them for so long (also because wear rarely) and I know it probably wasn't the best idea.

Now the problem is that I don't really like denim's colour. It's not faded but looks like dirty indigo. Can I change it somehow, maybe fade them more but get the fresher overall look? Thanks.

These sound like they need a good full cycle machine wash!

Can anyone suggest a brand that makes size XL in long sleeve waffle crew t shirts that measure 45-47cm in the shoulders? Why is this so hard to find?

While I can't help you, I feel you pain. I swear the shoulders are so dis-proportinate on a lot of larger sizes in Japanese clothing. It sucks. 

I guess I'd have to get

- Kapital century denim

- something by Sugar Cane

- something from Warehouse in another denim than the 1000x I have

- SOC Calistoga

- and another pair of TFH F380 if I could find them, because I know I love the denim and fit

• Sugar Cane Okinawa

Warehouse 800 

Kapital Century Denim 7s Cisco Fit (I have this now and I will get another pair, lol)

SDA in Natural Indigo

Something hand woven... Maybe a pair of those Elhaus x No Kipple?

• Sugar Cane Okinawa
  • Warehouse 800 
  • Kapital Century Denim 7s Cisco Fit (I have this now and I will get another pair, lol)
  • SDA in Natural Indigo
  • Something hand woven... Maybe a pair of those Elhaus x No Kipple?

I've been really interested in the SDA indigo slim fit.. hows sizing on those? i'm a 36

Edited by Nephew312

first post! good to be a part of the fam, seems like a cool forum.

if you guys had to buy your last 5 pairs of denim right now.. what would they be?

Studio d'Artisan SD-101

Iron Heart 1955S

Samurai S0510XX

LVC 1955

Any variation on the 1955 silhouette with a nice twist - black, blue-on-blue, etc.

i have a question on the b10 stagg coat bomber jacket by the real mccoys.  is this jacket meant to fit short body length wise?  i don't mind the sleeves length.  it's perfect.  the bottom of the jacket, the wool part sits right over my belt and that's it.  i don't mind it.  this alpaca lined jacket is so warm!!!!  it's been like minus 10 here in toronto and i only wear a merino wool shirt underneath this bomber jacket.  alpaca is cool!!!!

i have noticed that jackets in general were made shorter and fitted than usual back in the 40's and the 50's so maybe the same case for the o.g. b10?  thanks for any help and feedback.

i have a question on the b10 stagg coat bomber jacket by the real mccoys.  is this jacket meant to fit short body length wise?  i don't mind the sleeves length.  it's perfect.  the bottom of the jacket, the wool part sits right over my belt and that's it.  i don't mind it.  this alpaca lined jacket is so warm!!!!  it's been like minus 10 here in toronto and i only wear a merino wool shirt underneath this bomber jacket.  alpaca is cool!!!!

i have noticed that jackets in general were made shorter and fitted than usual back in the 40's and the 50's so maybe the same case for the o.g. b10?  thanks for any help and feedback.

I think a B-10 should hit below the belt, not above it (unless you're wearing low-rise jeans).

br-jk-br11133n.jpg

RMC jackets tend to run small as far as I can tell, but it might also be a good idea to look at other makers like Buzz Rickson's.

Edited by Iron Horse

New member here I just acquired what I think are some 1950s Levi's, but my question tonight is about some Lee riders that I have. I was wondering if anybody knew when they stopped adding "Union Made" to the small tag that went on the inside of the waistband along with Sanforized. Thanks for any help !

It's my opinion that with any jacket that has a knit waist band, where the knit meets the body of the jacket should be at or just below where your belt rides (assuming you're not wearing low rise jeans). I also think jackets like the B-10 and B-15 look better worn slightly big. Too trim and you look and feel like a sausage. I'd say the guy in the Buzz photo should size up, even if that means the sleeve knits tunnel. Jacket is too trim to wear a sweater under, and too short in the body.

It's my opinion that with any jacket that has a knit waist band, where the knit meets the body of the jacket should be at or just below where your belt rides (assuming you're not wearing low rise jeans). I also think jackets like the B-10 and B-15 look better worn slightly big. Too trim and you look and feel like a sausage. I'd say the guy in the Buzz photo should size up, even if that means the sleeve knits tunnel. Jacket is too trim to wear a sweater under, and too short in the body.

I'm under the impression that, like denim jackets, flight jackets back then were meant to be short in the body?

warphotopilotsfriends.jpg

i will post a pic, i have been meaning to but i am camera shy.   i think that for a size 40 this b10 by the real mccoys is cut more like a  fitted and shorter sized jacket like they used to make them in the 40's and the 50's.  i had a lee denim jacket and it was the same thing, really short and fitted.  the same goes for some leather jackets i had that were styled after the 40's and the 50's.

my wife says the bomber looks ridiculous on me.  she won't go out with me in public if i have it on. 

How do the rest of my fellow iPhone users view this forum on their phones? I feel like I need an app to optimize my mobiles experience on here. I used to strictly use my laptop on this site, but I find myself on the go a lot more often lately. Any suggestions?

Also, I just got a pair of Oni 666zr from Blue In Green. I have to say, I loved the fit and can't wait to get them back post hemming.

i am comfortable in this jacket.  it's surprisingly very warm and i don't overheat in it while i was shoveling snow.  the thing with bomber jackets is that when you wear it loose you look like a ball.

For sure, any jacket like an A-2, A-1, B-10, etc. with big pockets down near the waist makes the mid-region look even bigger. I don't think that was a problem for all the 145-pound flyboys in WWII.  

How do the rest of my fellow iPhone users view this forum on their phones? I feel like I need an app to optimize my mobiles experience on here. I used to strictly use my laptop on this site, but I find myself on the go a lot more often lately. Any suggestions?

Also, I just got a pair of Oni 666zr from Blue In Green. I have to say, I loved the fit and can't wait to get them back post hemming.

I'm fine unless I'm trying to view a thread that has 100+ pages that I've never visited through the mobile site so it's tricky when clicking on the thread. I end up on page 12 instead of the last page of the thread a lot so I just switch to the desktop version when that happens. Have to press the thread link carefully on mobile versus desktop for some odd reason.

I've been really interested in the SDA indigo slim fit.. hows sizing on those? i'm a 36

Not sure man, I don't have them now, it's a wishlist. The only one in the list that I currently have is the century.

Hey guys I have barely been here or anywhere since my kid was born in February so go easy on me.

Is there something going on with Blue In Green? Just went to the website thinking I might treat myself to a new pair of jeans for the holidays and there is almost no jeans on the site. No Kapital, No Samurai. Are they just moving stuff around or did those brands get dropped or...?

I've noticed that as well. I'm sure they're just waiting on some new stock. They also just ran a email list promotion for 25% off for the month of December so that could be a part of it as well.

I also have noticed that the aesthetic they're pursuing is a bit different lately, and it seems they're moving away from "workwear" and towards something I can't really describe. It appears they're bringing in more non denim items than ever before. My observation anyway.

I've noticed that in their brand list as well.

Seems like they're moving towards more technical fabrics and stuff like that. But a lot of those brands still seem to be Japanese.

Still quite a few denim brands represented, I'm sure they're not dropping Samurai or Kapital. That'd be surprising.

I'm interested in the Mt. Rainier Design stuff from Japan, they make some cool looking parkas.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic