SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I think this stems from the fact that people often mistakenly refer to any shirt with a plaid pattern as a flannel.

Flannel can be made from a twill weave but it has to be napped/brushed to be made soft before it's a true flannel. Otherwise it's a twill shirt with a plaid pattern, but I guess it's easier to market that as a "flannel" shirt. Sometimes they're listed as unbrushed flannel. Some brands will also brush one side of the twill fabric only so that the inside of the shirt is soft but the outside keeps the un brushed look. Semi-flannel?

Anyway they're both good shirts, but if people say "nice flannel shirt" it's a judgment call on whether or not you want to tell them that it's actually an unbrushed twill shirt with a plaid pattern.

Thanks for the insight! Makes much more sense now. But sadly the XL (of the Studio D'artisan shirt) sold out in the last like 12 hours. Fuck.

I'm interested in buying some jewelry, like rings and bracelets. I particularly like stuff made out of silver. What are your recommendations? Can be Japanese or not, Native style or more contemporary. Not real familiar with stuff beyond what Self Edges sells.

American:

-Vintage Fred Harvey and trading post works

-Aho can probably chime in on modern, higher end Native artists

Japanese, Taiwanese:

-Goro's

-Wingrock

-Larry Smith

-Stoplight

-First Arrows

-Taro Washimi

-Ken Kikuchi

-Tatsuya Fukui

-Cholos

-Moto

-Chooke

-Keep Koichi

-Arizona Freedom

-Tady & King

-Monolith

-Ind28ian

Edited by Iron Horse

Do any Japanese brands make wool/shearling/etc lined denim jackets?

saw the lee 101 rider jacket one and was wondering

SDA makes the nicest Lee Stormrider repro for my money, but Warehouse has a blanket-lined denim jacket coming out this season too.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about a brand. For Brown's Beach, are speedway and fullcount the only ones who can use that name? While others can only say they use the beach cloth fabric?

Read that there were only 2 companies who could produce the name/cloth, but then I see several other brands use it too.

Question about a brand. For Brown's Beach, are speedway and fullcount the only ones who can use that name? While others can only say they use the beach cloth fabric?

Read that there were only 2 companies who could produce the name/cloth, but then I see several other brands use it too.

Anyone can use the cloth; you can find examples from Sugarcane, RMC, Samurai, Anatomica, Calee, etc.

As far as I know, both Full Count and Speedway/Hataya share the rights to the name. Kind of murky, though.

Go for it! The fold might be a bit uncomfortable but at least your pants will stay up.

If you have access to a sewing machine, you can try downsizing the waist, which involves unpicking some stitches along the waistband (maybe some belt loops too), cutting out whatever extraneous length you have in the waistband and stitching it back together, then darting the yoke fabric, folding it back into the waistband, and stitching everything back up. It's not super challenging but maybe a little technical. Railcar also offers a service where they replace the existing waistband with a smaller one, I think they charge $50. Hope this helps!

Mr Handy is good... used him last year for a taper and reinforcement, hole fixing etc... all in think it was around €50. Excellent job.

Mr Handy is in Europe, Holland I think. Work looks legit.

Thanks for the recs. Place I was thinking of was more about conspicuous and aesthetic patchwork. Maybe not Europe. Anyone have any idea?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of Japan Blue x Momotaro for about 4 years. Wear 6 month per year, 3 days a week. Didn't wash them for 3 first years, after that washed for 2-3 times: lightly, inside-out, by hands, in my bathtube. I'm not a fan of fading, I prefer dark denim, so that's why I wasn't wash them for so long (also because wear rarely) and I know it probably wasn't the best idea.

Now the problem is that I don't really like denim's colour. It's not faded but looks like dirty indigo. Can I change it somehow, maybe fade them more but get the fresher overall look? Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic