Bicyclettes

canice

That bianchi fixie is nice, I want to get something similar to that... very clean aesthetic. But I don't have the cajones to ride without brakes in NYC.

Few questions...

can you put brakes on it?

how much would i have to spend for a new bike similar to that?

do you buy the components and assemble them yourself, or...?

if my cluelessness about bikes isn't obvious...

thanks!

yes you can put brakes on, pista forks are drilled for a front brake. they retail for $580, which is why they're so popular. http://bianchiusa.com/07_pista.html

today i finally learned how to skid.

A_G: that san rensho is beautiful. i saw it on FGG ages ago and it still stands out in my mind.

That bianchi fixie is nice, I want to get something similar to that... very clean aesthetic. But I don't have the cajones to ride without brakes in NYC.

Few questions...

can you put brakes on it?

how much would i have to spend for a new bike similar to that?

do you buy the components and assemble them yourself, or...?

if my cluelessness about bikes isn't obvious...

thanks!

yea, you can put brakes on it...

new bianchi pista will cost you around $550-$600 (the usa pista concept around $1500 though)

if you dont like the stock shit, you can always add better componets as you go.

Pista forks already got holes drilled into em.

The back part of the frame isnt compatible for back brakes (if you need em.)

Mine came out to $625, stock.

Canice - Take some skidding vids/flicks.

How was it?

I remember learning how to skid... Spent about an hour outside in the middle of the night skidding around.

Heres mine. Before I bought this bike on Ebay I was looking at Pistas at a local shop and the guy was a total asshole. I was getting the "I've been riding fixies before you even knew what a fixed gear bike was!" vibe, but fuck it. I guess the shoes fits as these are hella trendy now, but they are fun as hell and they are definitely aesthetically pleasing.

Anyone have any tips on trackstanding/skidding??

picture777xs4.jpg

Dope bike.

How much did it run you?

As far as tips...

How comfortable are you with your bike?

I waited around a week or two to get REAL comfortable with my bike, before I attempted skidding.

Anyways.

Skidding:

Im right legged, so I have my right leg putting pressure against the peddle.

But first, I tried to get myself used to the motions. So Id practice going from my seat, to getting into position, without rolling. Then Id practice wen rolling. Kinda like learning how to ollie on a skateboard.

Trackstands:

Ive yet to actually be able to do a trackstand for a while. (I was able to track stand at a light last nite till the green, YES. But as soon as I got back on my seat, my left foot came off the peddle. Bastard leg)

As with skidding, I have my right leg behind, cuz it has better control than my left leg.

Right leg back, left leg forward, then turn your wheel to whichever side is infront.

Or you can have someone hold onto your seat, and have you stand. That way, you get used to the feel of trackstanding.

Skidding is fun, but sure as hell fucks up the tires fast.

skidding:

feet at 3 and 9 o'clock, back pressure on the rear leg and pull up on the clips with your front. balls/stomach to the stem and lean forward. doing it on wet ground/marble/granite helps tremendously.

trackstands:

different ways to do this, i put my legs at 3 and 9 o'clock, rolling back and forth til i come to a stop. turn the wheel in the direction of my dominant/front foot (though an equal number of people turn the wheel to the rear foot's side).

practice=perfect.

next, backward circles!

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

I always avoied tracks/potholes/cracks/random stupid lumps in the street. Esp. wen its wet...

Gonna hopefully get some new bars today, Nitto bullhorns.

Since getting hit, wenever I skid, my left knee (messed up from the accident kinda) keeps hitting the bottom of my bars, causing my front wheel to slip out from under...

Fuckin bastard leg...

Stunt,

I got it for $500. It was in basically new condition, has carbon forks, and it came with some extra stuff too (Anyone needs handlebars/brake levers??). I suppose it wasn't a steal, but I think we both came out ok. I been working on trying to skid and trackstand and its coming along. Hey be sure to post some pics when you put your bull horns on its gonna look sick for sure.

Canice, Thanks for the tips! Take care of that hip and youll be back on the streets in no time!

N.

as far as trackstanding goes:

find out which leg forward you.re more comfortable with. For instance, I.m a righty and I prefer to skid with my right forward, which in turn makes my trackstands easier with my right leg forward. If you have time and the space inside your home, just practice. Try out both sides, you might find that you prefer to skid/skip stop with your right forward, but have an easier time trackstanding vice-versa. Usually, trackstanding just comes naturally from riding plenty and getting comfortable....but you must practice!

btw: thanks for the props sam:D

Stunt,

I got it for $500. It was in basically new condition, has carbon forks, and it came with some extra stuff too (Anyone needs handlebars/brake levers??). I suppose it wasn't a steal, but I think we both came out ok. I been working on trying to skid and trackstand and its coming along. Hey be sure to post some pics when you put your bull horns on its gonna look sick for sure.

Canice, Thanks for the tips! Take care of that hip and youll be back on the streets in no time!

N.

Nice price. What bars do you have extra? I wouldnt mind a couple of bars to switch out, here and there.

Gonna go get the bullhorns on Tuesday and thinking about putting a Bianchi Concept carbon fork on. But its gonna somewhat clash with the color scheme I was planning to do.

A buddy of mine landed a "suicide skid." Where you ride with no hands and go into a no handed skid. Crazy stuff... Some guys told us that it wasnt the right name for it, but watever. Too many damn nicknames for tricks.

After that stupid car accident, Ive been more/too weary about skidding/jamming lights now... FUCK...

Oh yea, that ticket I got for doing a u-turn in the opposite lane going the opposite direction infront of my house, is fuckin around $130...

K enough useless talk.

ahhh, i was back on the streets in a couple minutes' breather. it'll take broken bones or a blizzard to get me to stop.

here is a (blackmail-worthy) photo of my bruise. there are other, bigger ones, but they would show things i'd rather not display on the internet.

Clean Mercier.

What stem is that?

If I could, Id have blue or red on my bike.

Anyways.

Updated pic of my bike.

DSC00084.jpg

Raised the seat up about an inch and a half and put on Nitto bullhorns with Bianchi bar tape.

I can feel the slight weight change without my drop outs. Crazy.

Oh yea... GOT THAT STUPID U-TURN TICKET CLEARED! Idiot cop didnt file it as a BICYCLE ticket (I knew he was gonna do that, because he wanted my ticket to be $$$.) YA FAT BASTARD!

Justice has been served...

apparently fixed-gear is the new skating.

w/e

I was trying to figure out how to conceptualize the trend. I think this hits the nail in the head.

On another note, I just got back from Phoenix from a 4 day road riding trip. I like doing hills and thus like my gearing.

Riding to me is not fashion, but this is not to say that it should not be for others. But please, just do not fool yourself.

Anyways.

Updated pic of my bike.

Raised the seat up about an inch and a half and put on Nitto bullhorns with Bianchi bar tape.

I can feel the slight weight change without my drop outs. Crazy.

Oh yea... GOT THAT STUPID U-TURN TICKET CLEARED! Idiot cop didnt file it as a BICYCLE ticket (I knew he was gonna do that, because he wanted my ticket to be $$$.) YA FAT BASTARD!

Justice has been served...

Stunt, looking good my friend! I got a similar ticket when I was living in HI, fucking Waikiki cops love that extra revenue. Anyway, about my handle bars they're just the stock bars that come with Langsters so I dont know if you'd really be interested, but they look the ones on Ryan's bike on page 1. I got brakes too, but seems like you have an aversion to those. Im curious how you like the ride now versus with the turndowns? More or less stable? How does it handle? Skidding easier with the weight transferred more toward the front?

N.

No gears? No brakes? Fuck that shit get with the REAL shit and get NO WHEELS> that`s the next level..been riding my No Wheels for a bit now, shit is sick, I`m riding mine right now as I type this actually..how many of you fixed gear riders can say that?? HUH??

Clean Mercier.

What stem is that?

thanks. its a modolo something. either 10 or 20 depending on steel or aluminum. i hear reports of "catastrophic failure" but a black stem for 20? i'll risk it :cool:

your front wheel's crazy by the way

What do you fixies feel about clipless pedals, toe clips or straps?

clipless if you're super serious

clips/straps if you'll be off your bike for any period of time

i went clipless for a few months and the feel and control are amazing, but i just got tired of changing my shoes all the time.

No gears? No brakes? Fuck that shit get with the REAL shit and get NO WHEELS> that`s the next level..been riding my No Wheels for a bit now, shit is sick, I`m riding mine right now as I type this actually..how many of you fixed gear riders can say that?? HUH??

Tshhh... Its all about ROLLERBLADES WITHOUT WHEELS...