Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Heres the patch fresh out of a second wash and trip through the dryer. I'll post an updated fit later today or tomorrow, basically just shrank up a little bit everywhere, and still in need of a hem.

25745548294_675821708a_z.jpg

Went to see my favorite band play at the Turf Club in St. Paul last night and had an awesome time. Heres a couple terrible iphone photos from the show.

25745546054_a06ca44f3c_z.jpg

26324456546_a405f726ec_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking

Me too, as opening act for Gaslight Anthem. It impressed me that the frontsinger opened beers with his teeth.

By the way, great updates everyone, I'm super jealous right now and wish the LHT option wouldn't have kept me from joining.

Edited by Max Power

That was the 4th time I've seen them. First time I've seen them play any songs acoustic and it was a really good show, little different vibe from the other times I've seen them. Have also seen John McCauley (lead singer) play in one of his side projects called Diamond Rugs at the Turf Club and that was a great show too, he's an incredible musician IMO.

Me too, as opening act for Gaslight Anthem. It impressed me that the frontsinger opened beers with his teeth.

By the way, great updates everyone, I'm super jealous right now and wish the LHT option wouldn't have kept me from joining.

what was it about LHT that turned you away?  I was reading back in the Sugarcane thread some posts from 2008 and people were worrying and complaining about LHT then also. 

guthriegking, your pair seems to have the most roping I've seen so far...I feel theres still more shrink to be had in my pair, but my washer/drier is pretty weak at my apartment.

pudas, prime fit!

JohnM, that 60 year NOS is something else! Need to pick up a pair next time they release.....

re: LHT, I agree there seems to be some sort of stigma against it, although I'm not sure where it stems from (and I've been of a similar mentality before). In this case, I find that it's a selling point for the contest jeans personally! 

Edited by aho

Noticed the jeans don't show a lot of blue right now. Very dark compared to my Warehouse.

Parents are moving so they are trying to get rid of some stuff. Took some quick snaps of some Gail Pittman pottery for eBay. Here are a few pieces:

6qB83u5.jpg

yO5dLRa.jpg

sxRtzyt.jpg

eFFHoF3.jpg

Edited by givemefive

Anyone seeing much roping yet?

Usually see some immediate effects on STF but these haven't moved at all yet. Any previous ooe wearers want to chime in?

5KAc4CW.jpg

Had this OTA antenna zipped tied to the rail because I couldn't find a good mount. Finally found a great one on ebay for $20 and it was so easy to setup. Now my antenna isn't going to budge in the wind

B1oSxkG.jpg

Simple tools of the trade

KbkxEpE.jpg

silouette is legit

also funny story, this carpet is pure wool, this old senile lady installed this $75,000 carpet like 15 years ago before her daughter decided enough was enough.

DmBksho.jpg

Edited by givemefive

Ooe typically has some of the most epic roping in my opinion and experience, but you're right I haven't seen much on mine yet either. Thinking of throwing them in for another wash or two this week and will report back on any changes!

I love these jeans.  Some of it is the typical OA02 fit (doesn't get any better for me) and some of it is the color -- both the weft and dark indigo.  For those more knowledgeable (i.e., all of you!), what gives the weft its non-white color?

I could be wrong, but I feel like the stigma around LHT is that the fades are (supposedly) more subtle and not as contrasty / sharp as RHT... Going back to 2008 and concern around LHT fading properties would make sense as I think high contrast, super sharp fades were de rigueur.

Edited by tooth

im not seeing much, if any roping.  The hem chainstitch seems more "loose" for lack of a better description.  The TCB hem was tight as fuck and roped by pretty much looking at it.  These will be more subtle im guessing.

Also, Im amazed at how fast the waist stretches out!

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I've also noticed a lack of roping with this denim initially, but they do seem to hold their creases as far as combs and whiskering goes.

I really like how these almost look black, much different from what I have been wearing lately.

Edited by Broark

ya why I decided to join.. try things your way ;)

also...

umbilical cord detached, first this patch is way too cool to become illegible, 2nd when I showed my mother my jeans had my "name" on them she almost cried... oh no, and 3rd I do this to all my Levi's anyways.

patch.jpg

interestingly, the patch has some adhesive on the back, I would imagine it really helps when trying to get it sewn on. You can see it'sewn on pretty early in the process. I didn't really want to have to redo the waistband stitching so I just decided snipping it was easier + remnant of the patch seemed cool.

Edited by givemefive

I don't expect mine before next week...optimistically speaking.

(11 out of 16 have already received/posted pics of their jeans - that's a good start!

Not counting MRSMIFF...)

Edited by Foxy2

I received mine as well. Here's a pre-soak fit pic taken in poor lighting.

25701114664_5a9c2b23e7_k.jpg

26305985525_49ebcee9a1_k.jpg

26239717371_f59fac7265_k.jpg

My pair is a 34 and I wanted a 30" ish waist. They measured 16 1/2" at the waist, 12 1/4" in the front rise, 16" at the back rise, 12 3/4" at the thigh, 9 1/8" at the knee, 8 1/2" at the hem with a 32 1/4" inseam before hitting water.

After a cold soak and dry and a lukewarm soak with a trip through the gentle cycle in the dryer, they shrank down to 15 3/4" in the waist, 11 3/4" front rise, 12 1/4" thigh, 8 3/4" knee, and a 30 1/4" inseam. I forgot to grab the back rise and hem measurements at that point, but you get the idea of how much these have shrunk so far.

The waist stretched back out quite easily and I suspect more shrinkage will be coming. Post-soak fit pics coming as soon as I can get them.