Denime 66xx World Tour

louisbosco

thanks for the comments guys :D more to come definitely. will try to upload today's photos tomorrow morning but heading to fuji and IH tomorrow. but here's a teaser for the next 24-48 hours.

7ADD5DA3-C6F1-46AC-B2D6-C313039EF0CC_zps

taking that up fuji, hopefully the roads are good. fingers crossed 

sufu is not letting me post from photobucket, any one have any idea why?

edited: got it sorted. they said i couldn't use this type of extension and i wasn't ready to have the patience to deal with it. thankfully, it's fine now.

Edited by louisbosco

Thanks about the visvim. @greathoudini. though i wouldn't consider myself quite far ahead of anything. i did this because i reckon that a month of wear isn't going to make much of a difference anyway. though, i do constantly switch between both pairs here and there. 

And thanks for the comments and views guys. anyway, before i begin, i would like to know what website would be best to host videos? would it be youtube or something else?

And so Day 2 begins in Asakusa after my mate's flight arrived in the morning. Asakusa -> Ginza -> Odaiba

IMG_0784_zpsxvijc3rb.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsxroxy1zi.jpg

IMG_0824_zpslyd11wop.jpg

IMG_0851_zpsjca5u3dp.jpg

IMG_0854_zpscwefmtn8.jpg

IMG_0844_zpshro0eb4a.jpg

IMG_0816_zpsnqvjyydj.jpgIMG_5049_zpsmtciyhfe.jpg

Edited by louisbosco

IMG_0908_zpspotmmgrr.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsvohdv5qp.jpgIMG_0933_zpsygorch2x.jpg

some of the food during the day. one of the best tempura i've had, tucked away in a small corner in Asakusa.

IMG_5037_zpsgz3hq1dx.jpg

IMG_5075_zpscn6s6vum.jpg

As mentioned before, picked up the rental GTR and went to odaiba before resting up for the night for fuji on Day 3

IMG_5085_zpsyzy1affp.jpg

IMG_0933_zpsygorch2x.jpg

And as always, a mandatory full body pic...

IMG_0812_zpsfvlkjemw.jpg

i'm pretty exhausted after waking at 5am getting up to go to fuji and such for a whole day out. hope you guys enjoy the little amount of photos!

Days 3 & 4. Wasn't really up to much the past couple days. A little sightseeing here and there. Went and visited the Meiji Shrine and some photos from the top of Mt Fuji..

Drove from my hotel to tokyo. Aimed on taking the Subaru line up to the 5th station. The roads were closed the last time i was here, so i was really hoping it would be open this time. And it was! First in line, waiting for the roads to open at 0900...

IMG_5096_zpsrzz7slpb.jpg

IMG_5098_zps1dqupvpp.jpgIMG_5099_zpsie9w6kbf.jpgIMG_0962_zpse30o4vqi.jpgIMG_0958_zpsptaeh3ev.jpgIMG_0973_zpsre48fsym.jpgIMG_0990_zpsart2upfe.jpgIMG_1011_zpseov8gqez.jpgIMG_1021_zps2pel8paw.jpgIMG_1039_zpsb7j5xrcf.jpg

headed back down towards lake kawaguchiko area as well, but the ropeway up this hill, where you can see mt fuji from afar was closed. was content with being up the mountain anyway. winds were pretty strong and cold, but the views were worth it.

Moving on.. i visited meiji shrine the next day and went to akihabara. didn't really take much photos around akihabara. there amount of people was just crazy..

IMG_1136_zpswgc2vl0k.jpgIMG_1120_zpsukl7zt8e.jpgIMG_1144_zpszz2yh1l0.jpgIMG_5210_zpsh1sccrjl.jpg

Close up of the denim i took on the train. Rather hairy that recent pairs i've been wearing... Had to pay another visit to little nap coffee stand as they were around the area..

IMG_1187_zpsze7ysv8b.jpg

IMG_1176_zpsi7a0ayuf.jpg

retook the photo above, more satisfied with it the second time around

Attempt at a sunstar..

IMG_1165_zpsidsdj6ua.jpg

Edited by louisbosco

the drive up is pretty good, nothing like that in Perth. i use to go up to Cameron highlands in Malaysia when i was in singapore to do uphill runs and that was very challenging. it was quite a short run, did the uphill run in about 19/20mins. either that or i was going a little too fast. The run up is not that challenging, beginner to low medium difficulty.. i counted about only 5 or 6 hairpin turns for this subaru line route. there's some pretty views and vantage points that are on the way up accessible on by car i presume. 

Here are a couple of videos while i try and find that lost full video of the full run. hopefully gopro didn't override it.  :(

Edited by louisbosco

11th January

Took a visit to Yokohama today. Only had time for the ramen factory and cup noodle museum. will definitely be back. First time in yokohama, really lovely port city. Thoroughly felt inspired by the cup noodle museum and it's creator's history.

IMG_5317_zpsuoy7enmu.jpgIMG_1392_zpsekfqy8eu.jpgIMG_1396_zpsj3grrnhl.jpgIMG_1384_zpsmjrjhvwb.jpg

Had to have two bowls at one go from different stores. would've had a third if i could...

IMG_5320_zpshsil0vx6.jpgIMG_5333_zpswja8cbyt.jpgIMG_1470_zps6rkkjnlo.jpgIMG_1480_zpsecr474us.jpgIMG_1468_zpsnmxytd0q.jpg

12/1

Updating this from Osaka now. This was about a week ago, last day for tokyo pt 1 and had some morning breakfast in tsukiji market before heading to queue for my goros. not much during the day as time was spent queuing but still did managed to visit RMC store and buy a N1 deck jacket i've been eying for awhile now..

IMG_5390_zpsdwcu0sm1.jpgIMG_5393_zpsacziruz8.jpgIMG_5400_zpsfet10b3s.jpgIMG_5401_zpsvbnhj1fp.jpgIMG_5408_zpscbyimx7f.jpgIMG_5421_zpse5mnlra8.jpg

Goros has a much different system in queuing since 2 years ago that i went. they now queue at 11 for a raffle number and you will be that number you get. and if you're above a certain number, you can come back at 3pm instead. pretty bummed cause the wallet was all i got. was number 82 and i've only got in about 6/7 in the evening and all the feathers were gone. i rather their 6am FCFS system..

Edited by louisbosco

13/1

Greetings from snowy hokkaido. the 5 days i was there, the temps have never gone above -2C. first day in hokkaido, flew in from tokyo... hit the ground running by visiting the historical village and Mt Moiwa to get a good view of hokkaido at night from afar..

The historical village of hokkaido has some really great mock up houses donated by people and it shows the old days of the ainu people presumably the native people of hokkaido. 

IMG_5437_zpsscvxnaxz.jpg

IMG_1620_zpskflzbuzc.jpgIMG_1642_zpsurgzls6l.jpgIMG_1656_zps231kuzrp.jpgIMG_1663_zpstlphzcl5.jpgIMG_1676_zpsozlonsgq.jpgIMG_1678_zpsjtl3qdb2.jpg

IMG_1711_zpsyk6hly4x.jpgIMG_1713_zpslgeexv3z.jpgIMG_1695_zpscmlhs8to.jpg

14th Jan

Hit Niseko for the day. Fresh powder and really cold weather for the day. The low was about -13 and tops was probably about -4. I'm by no means a good snowboarder, probably have only done it a handful of times, very underprepared this time and should definitely invest in a gopro for future use. Powder in niseko was really good, hit Hanazono's Silver dream course and Hirafu for 1 night run. Fresh powder kept coming down during the day and into the night so it was really good. 

IMG_5527_zpsypitl80g.jpgIMG_5533_zpsqiuy5nun.jpgIMG_5534_zps8nfzmbge.jpgIMG_5543_zpso27nfjld.jpgIMG_5551_zps5kp1rixw.jpgIMG_5547_zpso6ltf8io.jpgIMG_5562_zpseycnr6lo.jpgIMG_5578_zps19nhgrv9.jpg