Livid Jeans - handmade in Norway

GeorgeNSS

Hi everyone, I have been browsing though the Superdenim threads and was surprised not to find a post about Livid Jeans, so here we go!! (Apologies for the huge pictures)

livid-19-7.jpg

Livid Jeans are small manufacturing company from Norway, focusing on the true craftsmanship, superior quality and old traditions in making jeans. Livid Jeans remains today the only apparel manufacturing company in Norway, with a passion to uphold an old trade and conventional craft in a country where a once blooming textile industry is gone, and the fine craft with it.

Livid Jeans’ product portfolio today consists of two different production lines. One collection handmade the old fashioned way in Trondheim, Norway. The other, a ready-to-wear collection line handcrafted by a small family-owned factory in Barcelos, Portugal. Both lines offering superior quality garments with equal purpose.

livid-19-2.jpg

The Made in Norway line is the heart and soul of the brand.  Whilst the majority of jeans are crafted with around 20 hands, Livid's jeans are produced with only 4.  Only a select few industrial machines are used to make every pair using mainly single needle lockstitch construction in their very own studio in Trondheim, making Livid Jeans the only established Denim factory in Norway.

It can take up to 2 weeks for a pair of 'Made in Norway' jeans to be crafted and are only available on a made to order basis except for a select few shops in Europe which have limited numbers of the line.  

I will actually be doing a Q&A with the Founder of Livid Jeans, Jens Olav.  So stay posted...

• 2 months later...

checked out livid jeans made in portugal line while I was in Norway last week. They were very nice and I might have bought a pair if I wasn't committed to my DWC jeans right now. What I really liked was their shirts, and I ended snagging one to take home with me. The material is a nice medium weight that I will be able to wear this summer and into the fall. Construction and fabric is nice though not up to the level of some other shirts I own. What I really liked was the cut, it is just how I want a shirt to fit me. 

1GDuBSR.jpg