Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I'm coming in once I get paid, I will be entering with some Old Blue co. 21/23 Heavyweight jeans.

Nice, those should look incredible after two years. I was thinking of entering with my pair, but I got them secondhand and couldn't verify that they have less than 30 wears overall.

My 2111s have been worn eight times - I won't wear them again until the competition starts, but when I get my shirt I'll probably wear it the full thirty days to make up for days in summer where it's too hot to wear the shirt for an entire day.  My goal is to put the exact same amount of wear into the shirt as the jeans (or at least, as close as possible.)  Crazy?  Yes.  But if you know me, you've probably figured out by this point that "sane" does not even remotely describe my attitude towards all things denim.  :D

I want to enter, as I haven't bee in a denim comp before, but... I don't know what to enter in yet. 

I have a couple of jeans in mind that I could wear in the comp, but undecided. 16oz? 25oz? For to wear the same pair year round, somewhere around 18-20oz would be ideal. It get cold in the winter and hot in the summer in the Rockies.

I'm seriously thinking about the tux, but I'd do a jacket instead of a shirt. I could commit to a jeans and a denim jacket for two years, but I'd have a hard time wearing just one shirt for that long. 

And, if I can get some boots sorted, I'd enter the boot division too. 

to be continued... 

Difficult one if you have already registered for a division. Message me and I'll sort it.

Haven't signed up yet, but won't have cash available to get both right off the bat. Maybe will hold out till I can grab both at same time.

Got a pair of 3Sixteen SL-130X. Trying to decide if I should use those for the contest?? Lots of really cool denim choices so far in here!

-Edwin

Got a pair of 3Sixteen SL-130X. Trying to decide if I should use those for the contest?? Lots of really cool denim choices so far in here!

-Edwin

Go for it. I'm leaning toward using my new pair of Railcars. I think it would be interesting for everybody involved to see more quality made in USA brands competing alongside the many MIJ.

For that matter, I also hope some folks out there will wear some Ande Whalls.

Hey Megatron,

Is it possible to switch divisions right now? I already ordered my pair (s5000VX 21 oz) and according to blue in green, they will become 24 oz post wash. I already registered for the heavyweight before I was aware of the fact that denim weight was supposed to be post wash.

I'm sorry if this is dumb of me but I have no idea how to access the forum on the DWC site... I paid a few days ago but I was never made to sign in or register that I can remember and my receipts say nothing about it.  Can someone point me to the right spot?

How did you register? You should have been asked for an email address, a forum name and a password, if you haven't please PM me or email me using the address at the DWC site and I will get it sorted for you man.

Well, then correct me if I'm wrong, then wouldn't max's 800s be middle weight since they start at 14oz but will be over 15 post wash? I ask, not to pick on max, but because I've considered the same model, and signed up as lightweight when I paid figuring anything I chose would be 12.5 to 14oz when raw and be lightweight.

If you haven't started your thread on the forum yet it doesn't matter too much as you can just start your thread in the correct part of the forum. If you have I can ask Jimmy to move your thread, not a problem.

The selection of category part of the sign up simply allowed me to track who had signed up in which division, but so many people have switched now that I have pretty much given up on that.

Also, just to add guys, please can you contact me some other way with questions relating to the contest if at all possible. The best way being through the DWC website.

I'm probably in danger of getting this thread shut down by replying to queries in it as it was meant to be only for contestants to share pictures and experiences.

Cheers

Gav

Edited by Megatron1505

Looks like the perfect fit!

I'm wearing my 800s today as well - can't really get used to how soft they feel. And they look a bit wide on my legs, dispite they're in fact a bit slimmer than my worn in 500 OGs. I hope it will get better, after all I'm stuck with them for two years now.

Looks like the perfect fit!

I'm wearing my 800s today as well - can't really get used to how soft they feel. And they look a bit wide on my legs, dispite they're in fact a bit slimmer than my worn in 500 OGs. I hope it will get better, after all I'm stuck with them for two years now.

Thanks. These need to soften up a bit. My current jeans were butter soft from the get go, although like yours, they feel wider than other jeans when they're not. I think it's because they are soft... So you're getting your amnesty wears in?