School a newb on internet (service providers)

dovo

So im moving into my first place and am shopping around for internet service providers.

Can any make some reccomendations? We have DSL at my family spot but im definitely going to need something faster since i plan on streaming most of my ish (netflix, hulu, bootleg sites etc)

I need something fast; but something that wont break the bank.

I'm on 12Mbps DSL and everything streams just fine. Didn't wanna deal with Comcast's bullshit* and I've been pretty satisfied with my DSL service/provider (Centurylink)

It's more like a real world 9Mbps but again, streams HD fine. Something like $30/month for the first year

Best advice I can give is to outright purchase a modem once you decide on a provider, that will save ya $8/month on leasing a $50 item

*worst customer service ever, high prices, strong arming / scheming the system to get cable TV numbers up, speeds are fast as shit tho

Edited by jayrock

I've been pretty satisfied with my DSL service/provider (Centurylink)

Freaking turds kept charging me the $7/month for the modem lease even though they received my returned unit on April 29. Nothing a quick call to costumer service couldn't sort out, but cmon this is pretty basic shit

Oh well, all is good now. Credited back and removed from future billing cycles

Edited by jayrock