New(ish) designers

Gaspardd

Ah, I wasn't quite sure. I don't see what the purpose in neg repping was though. 

Regardless, Have you guys heard of a designer named Daniel Patrick?
He has a style reminiscent of Rick Owens. DANIELPATRICK2778_large.jpg?v=1396635109

Cut me some slack, the last thing I need my only potential fashion connect reading is that Tatsuro Horikawa really ought to consider legal action.

• 5 weeks later...

10th try or whatever, finally posted something that didnt suck

craig did a good job this season, some of the typical london underfunded show stuff is still there (showing the same garment in 4 different colours to pad out the number of looks etc) but he is really growing leaps ahead of all the other new london guys

(exept aitor i guess but thats a different type of thing)

shout outs especially for not printing any words or photos on his clothes

Edited by ProfMonnitoff

we need to talk about craig green

tumblr_n7bipgIHR41rzxen9o1_1280.jpg

his show is really good. even better than last season.
there's an improvement in his work and this last show follows the steps of the previous ones. he's pushing even further his work on restriction and liberty (used for aw 14-15), the creative process stays the same but the result is better

the theme "a silent protest" is interesting and clearly identifiable with the flags, extremely large silhouettes etc . sad we still don't know what he's protesting again.  knowing that would be interesting

the show is beautiful, the details are impressive  

for his first solo show, this is especially promising

JW Anderson is really interesting too. i like his work - great technique, silhouettes, references to social class- and his deep questioning regarding the gender perception in our society. why are we shocked when we see a man's bones etc

1076575.jpg

Anderson's motives behind his work and his constant questioning of gender is admirable, but some of his designs are just too vulgar, for me anyway.

Can't say I dislike what cottrell and dainty are doing.

Edited by Arwhyayen

Anderson's motives behind his work and his constant questioning of gender is admirable, but some of his designs are just too vulgar, for me anyway.

Can't say I dislike what cottrell and dainty are doing.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Reim AW2014 looking pretty neat (also peep the synth collection in the background).

Josh-Reim_fw14_lookbook_fy2.jpg

Josh-Reim_fw14_lookbook_fy6.jpg

The rope, the bruises and the poses leave me wondering whether this designer has dare-ish panache, no, just plain idiocy to do a collection based on domestic abuse or looking at the childish graphics, cp.

Please, id love to be proven wrong about this collection. But this is how I see it.

Edit: Minus rep because a reasonable response or a conversation is such a toil-ish slog.

Edited by TIMDOT

• 1 month later...