superconfessional II: the sequel

SSchadenfreude

i am working with someone who is hooked on heroin

no one else knows and it is affecting a lot of people (and their paychecks)

trying to decide whether it is up to me to intervene or just let him throw his life away

he's a very pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps type and his pride comes into play here

but i was working this same job when i got a call about a close friend who OD-ed and died

i know how this ends - i mean, i do have friends who have made it to the other side (one severely incapacitated, but some no worse for wear) - but still... 

my boss would be understanding but if i told him, i'm sure my co-worker would feel betrayed by me

i have two conflicting values here, loyalty and this save-the-world impulse i have

very much do not know what to do here

Any updates?

I feel like if he confided in you, it may be an indirect cry for help.

If he didn't, and you caught him, he's bound to get caught sooner or later.

Sometimes the best person to talk to someone with a situation, is someone else whose been there. Esp if it's a grimey one.

///

I'm addicted to sriracha and reddi, former on savory, latter on sweets.

• 1 month later...

does anyone else ever secretly hope they get fired?

i'd love to do something new, but i have no idea what. i'm afraid i've reached a point in my current company where i may be subconsciously self-sabotaging everything as an escape mechanism. i'm nearing the 5 year mark this fall, which is a long fucking time at any place. the people are great, and i enjoy helping solve problems, but the overall lack of effort can be infuriating at times. 

i should really follow the example of my brother, who said it's always best to apply for new jobs when you're already employed. at least put some feelers out there, maybe even do some interviews just to see if anything sparks your interested. 

fucking life, man. always a changing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I'm breaking up with my wife because my dick was too big for her...such a shame a strong and caring man like myself is forced to end things. Hey - what are you doing tomorrow night?"

Edited by Fycus

My confessional: i've been seeing a therapist to talk about my impending divorce, the catch is that i've become attracted to the therapist. I mean, she's insanely beautiful.

err, google transference, it is an important part of your analysis...

Edited by Fuuma

• 3 weeks later...

My confessional: i've been seeing a therapist to talk about my impending divorce, the catch is that i've become attracted to the therapist. I mean, she's insanely beautiful.

oh man yeah those clnical faces pretty docs man theyre hot! bukake bukake!