slim black jeans

My black denim experiences:

Acne: currently wearing max new cash. have been for about 6 months. The cut is really good, went for a slightly loose fit, but the quality and detailing is all pretty sub-par.

APC: Other pair I am wearing is APC petite standard in raw black w/red selvedge - i like the cut and details are much nicer than Acne but I don't wear them much due to the colour - i prefer over dyed.

Dior Homme:I've owned superslenders and found the rise too low. I've had 19cm arcadius which were great but not denim exactly, more of a moleskin which is heavily coated at the hem only (would buy another pair in a 30). 19cm in a poplin type material, again not denim and they were made in Italy and I found the fit to be a bit off. I've never come across a 19cm cut in a nice simple black denim. Why?

DBSS: rise way to low for me. did not work

DRKSHDW: I've ever owned a pair but I don't mind the detroit cut but I've found the sizing to vary wildly. This might not be the case now since I haven't tried any for about 4 years, I'd imagine they have the sizing issues under some control.

Speaking of baller budget, any poor peasant status man slim blacks options other than 510s?

Try Thvm Atelier maybe, I didnt really like them when i tried them on but they seem to work well for some people. I get enough wear out of jeans that I think its worth while to spend a bit more for something decent.

Or cheap mondays (lol?)

Edited by oh snap

i couldn't recommend thvm to anybody. it's not that they're necessarily poorly made pants but the fabric selection is absolute shit. i had two pairs in a row (diff. fabric) that fell apart within 3 weeks or so after purchase

they're pretty OK with replacements for broken pants though

Edited by mr fluffernutter

Speaking of baller budget, any poor peasant status man slim blacks options other than 510s?

Uniqlo slim straight powder-soft black jeans. They are overdyed with all black hardware and fit great. $50 bones. I don't see them on the website, but they have a specific powder-soft tag on them in store. Super dark, has a little bit of stretch. I get compliments on mine all the time. 

Edited by Fycus

My black denim:

-3X Uniqlo t-000: It's a sorta streamlined DH19cm cut, I like the effect better on myself because I sometimes tuck in button shirts (dh makes it really shitty). Not as good for sagging though and they stretch

-2XCloak: One heavy and one light pair. Look great and good for tucking in hi-tops but I hate how the front pockets can't hold shit, couple this with my alcoholism and I keep replacing iPhones (switched to Samsung anyway, Apple can iSuck my dick).

-DH luster original waxed: aged relatively well, only good for that slick rocker look so wear with black shiny tux, white tee and beatup gats or whatever.

-Taralis slim destroyed whatever with leather inserts: RO leather insert jeans ripoff, cut is better though, after all Taralis was a big part of the DH look.

-Levi 514: Only when I want the contrasting stitching accent.

No, that's a good selection of blak jawnz. Maybe Acne Hex/Ace but Superfine/Ksubi fit pretty similar.

This threak made me look inside my closet and I found some B.Son (remember them lol?) and Cloak jeans.

What happened to Julian Red? Their site still shows FW 2010. Hoboken black bullet and dark dancers were nice.

No, that's a good selection of blak jawnz. Maybe Acne Hex/Ace but Superfine/Ksubi fit pretty similar.

This threak made me look inside my closet and I found some B.Son (remember them lol?) and Cloak jeans.

What happened to Julian Red? Their site still shows FW 2010. Hoboken black bullet and dark dancers were nice.

they have a new line / website. 

http://www.julianjulianjulian.com/

"Sorry friends. We might be practicing slow fashion a bit too well... But sampling is in progress, so many beautiful things to choose from. Finding the best qualities. Killing darlings. Following that unexpected harmony. See you soon. /Julian X"

^yo if u get the chance i wanna see the taralis.

all old shit

raf 

n(n)

tsubi(lol) not ksubi 

superfine

drkshdw

any new shit i outta kop?

Ya I have april77 and Dorkshadow too but they're black and grey cords respectively.

Nothing cool in needs of copping IMHO, the Taralis I have are these (can't find good pic):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NICOLAS-ANDREAS-TARALIS-BLACK-JEANS-with-BLACK-LEATHER-28-/261225175676?pt=US_CSA_WC_Jeans&hash=item3cd23bda7c

Honestly if I was someone wanting to get black jeans today I'd either KOP Uniqlo or Acne whatever cash, get two pairs and call it a day.

acne ace cash so suave to cuff.

edit: forgot the picture. might have cuffed them once too much... these are 28/32.

i cuff all my pants since my calves are humongous.

aed7.jpg

where's yr high heel pumps? 

Edited by SSchadenfreude

@SSchadenfreude shit fabric, decent enough fit.

I've owned about 4 pairs of hex cash (two 26, two 27) and the sizing is all over the place.

DBSS size 1 is slightly big on me so I leave it for my more relaxed fits. Fabric is as thin as acne hex cash but with no elastane

the rise on my sz 1 nn's are almost a little too feminine imo. thighs super tight. looser in calves.

never tried max or ace so might give those a try next, but if you couldn't already tell hex is my go to jawn.