UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

Hmmm, bit of a shame that the new cut is so slim and tapered. I was hoping for a straight leg jean with a higher rise. A combination of the 400S legs and the 400T rise would be a dream but I'll continue to view UES jeans from afar for the meantime...

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump for a great brand.  I think these are new (unless I've missed it while browsing their site previously).  UES 400Z. 

I just re-read what Lee from UES wrote on the first page of this thread about how UES measures.  You have to add 3cm to their rise measurements to get an accurate BIG style measurement.  The 400Z look to have a higher rise than the 400R/400S.  So for a pair of Size 32, it's 26cm, so add 3cm and we're at 29cm. 

Anyway, the details look really nice on these:

goods_11_3.jpg

goods_11_4.jpg

Check out the selvage on the cinch back!

goods_11_11.jpg

^^ I think the 400Z has been around for a little while. Thanks for highlighting the different way in which UES measures the front rise. Since you mentioned it in an earlier post, I tried the method on my current pairs and realised that the 400R might just work for me after all. One to add to the wishlist perhaps.

^^ BF, from what Lee says below, it looks like they just subtract the inseam from the outseam.

Our measurement is different from other denim’s brand.

Below is the page of our measurement guide.
http://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/rainbowcounty/size/size-en.html

We measure the length and the inseam and the rise is equal to

Length- Inseam= Rise

So, If we lay the jeans out flat and measure from crotch seam to top of jeans with top button fastened,
the front rise should be +around 3cm.

Anyway, UES has really grown on me since the Yen devaluation and Aho pointing out that they ship for free on orders over 20,000 Yen. 

I've got a couple shirts on order from them and will try to post pics when they arrive.

Meanwhile, I'm really eyeing those 400R as well but have absolutely zero need for new denim. 

Edited by schmallo15

I noticed as well that UES are taking pre-orders for a new Type III:

201304201705385b4.jpg

For those of you with Lightning's Denim Book, you can check out the member of UES staff wearing one in his profile, complete with incredible evolution on the denim. Exciting news that this piece is making a comeback!

thanks schmallo. I have to try that method but would it really make a difference of about 3 cm?

i had the same doubts and just tried it on 2 pairs of jeans, Oni Red and Sam S5000VX.  Both times, Outseam - Inseam was exactly 3cm shorter than measuring front rise using the BIG method. 

Hi, I would like to show you one of our hot item, the UES chambray work shirt.I lined up 5 shirts with different age and they show a beautiful gradation.The left one is brand new and the right one is 6 years in used.

535665_555373001153186_1747551242_n_zpsb

Edited by ShAraLeEe

About Embroidered patch.

We produce several items with patches including baseball caps, bags and pouches.Usually patch is made from polyester yarn but we use cotton for it.

This is because we give great weight to cotton’s property that natural material age naturally. In order to look nice in well-used products like following photo, we choose cotton that is low intensity and easy to fade.

431042_380261751997646_792758114_n_zps14

Bush pants
A half year has passed since I started wearing the bush pants. I admire such a beautiful fading. Slightly flared shape, coin pocket and back pocket’s design are remarkable points. UES bush pants of which fabric is 14.9oz heavy denim will be much more faded as I keep wearing. I can't wait to see how it's going to be look like. 

531775_386123274744827_1467515774_n.jpg

UES offered the café aprons for café SARASA which has six restaurants in Kyoto. They have been wearing more than a half year since September, 2011. We visited them to see the secular change of the aprons. We are really happy to see the café staffs who wear the aprons carry delicious dishes and have a pleasant conversation with customers.

539778_388628284494326_292345395_n.jpg