Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

8494242795_618df9fda1_c.jpg

Fucking love it.

EG veldt boot for Holland & Holland, the original incarnation of the Galway and probably one of the quintessential English field boots:

051nd.jpg

055oq.jpg

And a rather attractive page from an old Holland & Holland catalogue:

hh18d.jpg

Plus, a couple of beauties made by Crockett & Jones for James Purdey, English gun-makers:

boot040101default.jpg

productimagesboot19boot.jpg

Anyone ever heard of Mansway Boots, apparently based in Japan? They have some really nice looking boots, on their Facebook page and their own webpage. Some are White's, but others seem to be their own Mansway brand; but all are said to be made in the USA. Some nice looking make ups...

http://www.facebook.com/manswayboot

According to their site they're located in Taipei.

Yes, all their Manway boots are apparently made by Julian boots. That's quite the range of choice.

http://www.mansway.com/collections/mansway-boots

these look amazing mate, how do you find the soles? do you have a picture of them so we can see the wear on them?

cheers

Wanted to see some sole wear on Iron Rangers, here's some shots I just took, I like documenting how they've aged so I don't mind doing it. Tried to get the angles to give an accurate idea of what's worn away and not skew the proportions to make it look like less/more than what's there. Also included a picture of my attempt at a sort of dorm room studio lighting setup to really bring out the details.

Got these in the mail on 6-19-12 so I've had them just about 8 months now, bought used on ebay in basically new condition for ~$100 off, I scored big time on these. Here is condition when I got them, you can hardly even tell they were worn. Usually wear 4-5 times a week ever since, lots of walking between classes and whatnot, mink/saddle once a month, sometimes more often than that even, I've seen some black pairs that get really wrinkly and I think the frequent treatment helps mine stay smooth and supple.

And here they are today:

11l7dea.jpg

a4703.jpg

2jep9xs.jpg

(Left pic: Outer left boot, Right pic: Inner Right boot)

Haven't treated with anything for a couple weeks, the snow today just made them nice and clean. Mostly just the heels are worn down, the front is just softer really besides the thread that's worn down. The outside of the heels is a bit more worn than the inside it seems.

drooling over those Julian boots; his 'style' is very recognizable; from the moment I saw those pictures on the Mansway site it was obvious to me they were made by him

drooling over those Julian boots; his 'style' is very recognizable...

They are gorgeous, aren't they? Is the middle pair/$330 a pair of SD's? I think I'd settle for the SD's.

I'm certainly not opposed to spending $800 on a pair of boots, but to date it's never been for work boots and its been for shell.

Does anyone know what the difference is between some of Mansway's boots and the White's they carry? For example:

http://www.mansway.com/collections/mansway-boots/products/8868

Are these made by White's? It says made in the USA.

They look like bounty hunters on a vibram 4014. Only difference is 7 eyelets/hooks instead of 8. So possibly they are 5", which would make them semi-dress w/ pull tabs.

Maybe they are made by White's but are less expensive to produce? Not sure how as the materials look the same. Just curious if they are made by White's why the large price discrepancy.

Meant to post this earlier...just wanted to show the heel wear comparison between my Alden 403, and RW Iron Rangers. Both are about two years old, the RWs have more wear time, and less actual wear on the soles. The soft rubber on the Alden's seems to wear faster, I'll have to get these in to the cobbler soon. I'm hoping the non-block heel on the Bounty Hunters will help with heel life.

F0A9378E-0F54-4DA5-8904-5F1DE7CCBF87-8382-00000A651D80F55D.jpg

9202A7BE-DC00-4272-A611-8D5D9DCC6EB0-8382-00000A650EEC540B.jpg

0CFF27F6-95C1-4033-9893-C8B5B28C6DB1-8382-00000A6501B699E3.jpg

79C934AB-215C-4005-B6D6-CAC5C5BD572F-8382-00000A65268E7052.jpg

49609E12-DB46-4FC5-9795-84F367DA8C37-8382-00000A652F237C0A.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...