WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2012

acerbicb

dont blame the hat, it's the person wearing it out of any context. this thread evolved from exciting to irrelevant in a very short time...

the only worthwhile aspect of this thread is the shit talking. irrelevant is actually being kind.

Yeah, shame people in this WAYWT thread don't wear giant, shroud-like silk shirts, Dr. Seuss hats, destroyed high-heel boots with dozens of buckles, velvet capes, and haircuts that look like they were cut by Edward Scissorhands on drugs. Not everyone wants to look like a runway fashion fool from the land of crystal spires and togas.

Yeah, shame people in this WAYWT thread don't wear giant, shroud-like silk shirts, Dr. Seuss hats, destroyed high-heel boots with dozens of buckles, velvet capes, and haircuts that look like they were cut by Edward Scissorhands on drugs. Not everyone wants to look like a runway fashion fool from the land of crystal spires and togas.

well said.

Edited by An Oxymoron

I bought a pretty sweet cape on gilt a few weeks ago.

Guest Electrorock

If you dress (jeans, tshirt, regular shirt, work boots, trainers) you are gonna look like 95.5% of the people. Nothing wrong with that. The funny thing is posting pics of people wearing NOTHING SPECIAL. It's just ridiculous. And if you are an old guy like Alex the thing gets even worse.

It's not that people need to start wearing high-fashion to improve the quality of this thread. I picked an old WAYWT page at random yesterday and ended up on one from spring 2010. The drop in quality is stark - back then you had regular fits from Riff, Roy6, Beatle, Lendo, Markmont, -five-, pomata etc etc and the majority of those fits were simple but well put together outfits incorporating classic pieces but in a creative way.

There are still good posters on this thread but there's a lot of junk and spam-like multiple shots. I'm not trying to claim great style either, but imo it would help a lot if people paid more attention to overall composition and didn't make excuses about "quick fit on my way out" when it looks sloppy as hell. A little more effort would go a long way.

Guest Electrorock

True. Some people spam with shit regular nothing special outfits and others try too hard.

What are you having for breakfast? If ur having 2 eggs and 2 toasts with jam and butter and a cup of chá just don't post it every morning.

IMAG0237.jpg

Toughmudder

301s

converse

GMT

I see your "Toughmudder" and raise with my "100 Mile Trail Run, One Day", as completed this weekend in the Massanutten Mountains.

7348698428_9907eaa03a_c.jpg

Jeans are PBJ.

The course, as ridden by a horse:

Photo24.jpg

The sterling silver sub-24 hour finisher's buckle:

7348709740_b16e1bf56a_c.jpg

• sufu1 unpinned this topic