Oldblue 21oz

almostnice

helo there, sorry if i havent got back to some emails. just had a stunningly exhausting event in the last 3 days. i will post about that event in the oldblue's website too, soon.

for those of you who send an email, please kindly send me the same mail again (directly to [email protected]). i just realized that the contact form in the website just had a slight problem in receiving mails, i couldnt get back to the mail, because it was received incomplete. or for any question, inquiry, you can always shoot me a pm in sufu too. i'll gladly assist you about the product, shipping cost, etc.

oomlokop, sattyz, thanks for the clarification mates!

Indonesian Rupiah, quite similar with Indian Rupee.

Sorry Jean, I hit the wrong button.

gaaah I'll neg you on DB :angry:

@yax will probably post this himself, but for those who cant wait :) oldblue has just released a version of their 8.25" cut overdyed with natural indonesian indigo. heres a link to his post in the indonesian darahkubiru forum (dont worry its in english): http://www.darahkubi...start=1275#wrap

the OD's DOPE! here is my fitpic of the indonesian indigo OD

6457965437_fd7de08b36_z.jpg

^^ Beautiful! I received a response from YAX about these jeans and will buy if measurements are ok. What's the front rise measurement gilangaditya? Thanks. almostnice, great find!

edit - color after overdye reminds me of NandoxNando

Edited by lance

Great Looking Overdyed Denim - the Journey into Nature section of Old Blue's website was really interesting too.

Shame i missed the 21oz Model - Look great - Kudos to Almostnice - Be Good to see how both the Overdyed and Heavy Denim Wear in.

Any European/ US Retailers yet?

hi, looks like the web has exceeded the bandwidth (especially for the abroad server), never had this problem before. i'll fix it asap. and i'll inform you guys as soon as the web has run smoothly again. in the meantime maybe you can visit our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/oldblueco we also had a lot of things updated in there.

sorry for this inconvenience. cheers

Edited by yax

lance

i'm really glad that you found our web useful in some way! that is one of the main reason we made such website.

grooveholmes

what article and size are you looking for, mate? some of them will be restocked. still really need to increase our scale of production

yax- interested in the 15 okayama or the indian denim. Don't own a pair of indian denim jeans, but i like the principle behind its manufacture. i haven't been able to surf the site extensively as i'm on a mobile device. how is the sizing in each post-wash? for reference, i'm a 33.5 waist.

Edited by grooveholmes

first of all, i know that this post and information is far from perfect. and maybe you have seen same kind of pics many times. but i hope it gives you enough idea (and maybe some additional information) about the workmanship process of a pair of jeans.

Workmanship : a Pair of Oldblue Co. Jeans

~~~

Patterning and Cutting

oldblue-process1.jpg

oldblue-process2.jpg

oldblue-process3.jpg

Small Parts Construction (for example coin pocket construction, front pocket and pocket lining construction, and fly construction)

oldblue-process4.jpg

oldblue-process5.jpg

oldblue-process6.jpg

Yoke Construction

oldblue-process7.jpg

Front Leg Construction

oldblue-process8.jpg

oldblue-process9.jpg

Back Pocket Construction

oldblue-process10.jpg

cont'd

cont'd

Hem Construction

oldblue-process22.jpg

Finishing (rivets + buttons attachment)

oldblue-process23.jpg

Output

oldblueco-collection.jpg

The Arcuate Making Process

~~~

In this short length video, we share about how to make the arcuate part in our oldblue pairs. As you can see, the process is purely done by hand. So it is a common thing to see an uneven part. In the end it's the art of a handmade process.

The arcuate stitch is not so clear in the eyes because it used the same color of thread as the denim fabric, which is black in this case. In the last step, the two end threads are tied together in the back to avoid the end stitch from unraveling.

(ps. do not mind about the crazy talks)

Pics:

P1020323.jpg

P1020298.jpg

Edited by yax

Well, I received the natural indigo overdyed 14 oz lefthand twill jeans from oldblue and they are beautiful. Good construction, perfect dimensions (8.25 cut) deep blue indigo color, thick veg tanned horsehide patch, arcs. It's cool to see an independent from Indonesia (or anywhere) doing a great pair of jeans right out of the gate.Thanks YAX, much appreciated.

Edited by lance