Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 12:39 AM, exhaust fumes said:

if someone stunts full mainline rick in 2016, do you give them the nod of approval for sticking to their guns, or do you avoid all eye contact?

related, how is boris bidjan saberi still making clothing?

what's after post-normcore/techwear? the ninities thing already feels completely played out (eg stealing from rotterdam hardcore circa 1995 long sleeve t-shirts/bad skate graphics from same era/calvin klein)? NeuMenswear? Suits with bigger lapels in #PostMadMen?

Is wearing Muji/Uniqlo the ultimate endgame of buying when combined with a dead stare?

since they made a gender flipped version of ghostbusters, do you think they'd make a movie about the brotherhood of the traveling yohji hakama where they all take pictures of each other in the same pants trying to get tumblr cred?

i downboated u

• 1 year later...

yeah

i wish sufu was more active so i could be told what's cool instead of having to use my brain! thank you prototype internet culturalists, thank you stone-faced, perpetually poor, cool people: you only ever cared about the +rep. 

so much of what was cool 10/12 years ago has all trickled down, everyone is interested in everything. (nothing)

so let's reminisce back to the days when we had subcultures and we weren't all herded into 5 or 6 mega sites :cool:

(imagine caring about hearts over green squares)

*sorry if i was a dildo back then, btw. i might still be.

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

I've been placed on a lot of medication for the past decade now, I've learned to dress like a fat boy. I still buy high fashion clothes in large sizes that I could barely fit in -- my latest purchase being an undercover ethnic rider. Kinda meandering around, trying to figure out what to do with myself, and there's a lot of ways to go, and like two days ago, I'm wondering what hobby to take up and I'm like, streetwear, motherfucker. That tempered out, a couple nights later, to now, but I need a hobby, and it could be painting miniatures, but I don't feel like doing that yet.

learn (teach yourself) a language. difficult but fun and rewarding, not very expensive (or even free) if you do a bit of research on which resources to use. whatever language your favourite foreign movie or song or book or whatever is in, learn that one.

or join an amateur sports club of some sort, doesn't matter if it's basketball or running or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Down In Albion said:

10 years of SUFU and i still can't afford all the shit we talk about. 

Yo at least I don't have to pay attention to fashion anymore because sufu set me up ;)

Seriously, I've been wearing the same shit since I started posting. I don't got time to follow up on the new trends. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, Leonard Leroy said:

I'm pretty much done with grailed (put together a bunch of outfits for myself), but I wonder what it would have been like if it was around back then, the accessibility to high fashion.

Well the prices have definitely jumped up with accessibility. I remember buying CPs for less than 200. Under 300 is considered a deal by some these days. Plus back in the day it seemed like you were in a cool club and it was this hidden language. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...