Double Volante

mizanation

So, here is the answer:

"Our Jeans are made in Okinawa, Japan, & are made from 15 oz Dry Denim.
The jeans waist will shrink to the size indicated on the label, so a size 32 will become a 32 inch waist pair of jeans.

I have worn my own pair (Regular fit type) for 6 months, & haven't found them to stretch.
I find that they fit in a similar way to Levis 501 in regard to sizing, as 32 is my size in ours & Levis."

So I guess all the measurements on their website are post wash measurements. Now, considering my waist size is a 31, I have to choose between a 32 and boiling them to shrink them enough (but could damage the leather pocket lining and patch...) or taking a 30 and try to stretch them enough to be comfortable... Well, always the same with sizing dilemma... 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Has anyone ordered from Double Volante in recent years? If so, did you do it in-person in Japan or through Instagram? What's the current custom offering? Historically it seemed like there were a number of denims available, a lot hardware (rivets, buttons, zippers) available, a variety of custom details available if you asked for it, but only the 47 and 66 cuts (though you could get a slimmer version of either cut if he sewed the seams differently I think), is that still the case?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...