24. Jackboot

25. Jwsach ***

26. smittybat ***

27. Kit99bar ***

28. Festival ***

29. itschrisb ***

30. pgfpo

31. harry hood

So excited that the list has, pending details/payment, reached 30 :)

I guess I'm in the pending boat too, but as long as the jeans are in the price range of his normal lineup (eg. <$300) I should be fine.

That being said, I'm a bit of a detail junkie. Denim's important, but I can't wait for the final details to be released (pocket bags, selvage details, patch, etc.). I have faith that Ande will deliver.

OK, so here is a mock up, didn't really want to get carried away with it until people see the general idea and have some input. I thought it would be cool to be almost a road sign with a Kiwi on it (could do sheep, NZ etc etc). 'ANDE WHALL NEXT (Contestant #) km' in Highway Gothic (NZ Road Sign font). The number would just be ink stamped like they usually do for LOT numbers. Obviously whatever number you are would be how far Ande Whall is away, so Robot would be closest!

I made it 3.5" x 2.5" like all my patches for all my other jeans.

Screenshot2011-01-24at120724PM.png

PS I'm totally up for the contest, as long as I am sweet with cut, price, details. I have total faith in Ande for details and price isn't too much of a concern as long as it isn't sky rocketing above 350+. Cut is the biggest factor for me. Since Ande makes everything 'made to order' I really don't see why we can't just choose our cut? I don't really need another straight cut and I don't suit fuller cuts. In saying that, everyone having different cuts but same details and denim would be very cool, especially to see how different cuts affect the fading process. Looking at size charts I am a Grifter man! Just my 2 cents...

^agree with everything above, patch design is cool, simple, representative and personalized. And as far as the fit, it seems intuitive that we should all choose our own fits, its an option that isn't necessarily open to most contests that we should definitely capitalize on, imo.

and for anyone unaware, ande posted a picture of the "special roll" option on his site. It's still "coming soon" and the picture doesn't give much light into the texture of the denim, but it has some crazy dark grey selvedge line? And, the 15.5 oz and 14.5oz DLX models are both discontinued. Though the deluxe option seems to be in the works.

it seems intuitive that we should all choose our own fits, its an option that isn't necessarily open to most contests that we should definitely capitalize on, imo.

I agree. Being that Ande does each pair personally(and already offers 3 different cuts), it would be very cool if he decided on the denim, and we all could decide on our own individual cut based on the 3 that is currently available.

Hey guys. I don't think different cuts is an issue, just what ever people want. The Deluxe was $265 so wouldn't want the price getting over that, depending on what denim however, but will work at that price. There are a few leather guys floating around sufu that may want to produce the patches and get a pair of jeans as a contra deal, just a thought. Will get some info on denim soon.

Choices that have to be made:

1: Denim

2: Patch (leather stamped/lined printed?)

3: Selvage fly

4: Selvage belt loops (Rope or leather lined?)

5: Pocket lining (ticking?)

6: Hem's (Rope or leather lined?)

7: Back pocket stitching (Contrast or dark indigo?)

8: Back pockets (Hidden rivets?)

Hey guys. I don't think different cuts is an issue, just what ever people want. The Deluxe was $265 so wouldn't want the price getting over that, depending on what denim however, but will work at that price. There are a few leather guys floating around sufu that may want to produce the patches and get a pair of jeans as a contra deal, just a thought. Will get some info on denim soon.

the news about the price and cuts is good to hear

as for the list of choices, this is my opinion:

1. too early to say since we haven't seen it yet

2. any nice design is ok with me

3. not a big deal for me, but would be a nice detail

4. same as the fly

5. Not sure if you're referring to the back pockets or not

6. Not sure what you mean by rope or leather lined

7. dark indigo, fade to reveal

8. yes on the rivets

While I understand some of you don't HAVE to have selvage belt loops and fly, these are Ande Whall staples(at least the selvage belt loops are), I'm all for having both of the details!

This is our chance to go all out!

Same with the rope/leather lined hems and belt loops. These are key details in Ande Whall denim. Let's preserve them and, although they're not necessities, let's make sure they don't get lost in the different requests.

I vote for rope-lined hems and belt loops.

Ande - I(or most of us) were hoping that you could access one of those special rolls for this contest and get us something real nice and exclusive. : )

yeah, I would say since its a contest pair thats limited and such, we should just splurge on all the details. And personally, I love the aesthetic of belt loops with twine or rope. I'm not so picky about the hem though, or lined pockets. Actually, lined pockets could be nice, my wallet has sufficiently burst through the top half of my half lined kmws.

As for the denim, I vote for a traditional indigo/undyed, warp/weft, preferably something crazy. And I also vote for indigo yarn on the back pocket detailing.

Sounds great Ande. You will never get 100% consensus, so do something true to your vision and don't give your loyal subjects too many options (ha ha). Personally I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Since you are soliciting opinions, the only ideas I am strongly attached to are the stamped leather patch, dark indigo back pocket stitching, and rope or leather lined loops/hems. Truly impressive if you can do all that for $265.

Also, that kiwi patch is pretty cool IMO.

I am in for the rope or leather lining in hem and belt loops. The rope lining is one of the details of Andes jeans that I brag to people about ( among many). I also really like the selvage fly. The pocket lining does give the pocket some added protection from tearing without compromising fades.

I agree with what the rest of you guys are saying: let's not skimp on the details :)

At the risk of sounding irrational, here are the things on my "DO WANT" list....

-special (printed?) pocket bags (im a sucker for neat pocket bags :))

-leather patch

-selvage fly

-rope lining

-hidden rivets

-if possible, the special denim being unsanforized/STF?

If he can somehow cram all the details we're throwing at him for $265, that'd be absolutely astounding.

Heres what I'd like to see:

13-15 oz LHT

indigo warp & weft (undyed core)

nice/ exotic patch numbered

thats it. no weird pocket bags, no lined pockets, etc.

nice and simple

if there is one detail i had ande put on my old grifters that i really find practical, it is the lined back pockets (full). too many times my wallet rips a whole and it keeps getting bigger. so yeah, I want lined pockets.