superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

so i decided to go w rome 390s..my banana magic just came in too. cant wait for the bindings to get in and try it out..

i guess tahoe in general has been getting dumped on lately yeah? really wanna go there..

any riders from BC? how are the conditions there? my wife is originally from vancouver and its taken her a little while to get adjusted to the eastcoast crud but shes a soldier haha

sent out some letters w/ self addressed envelopes to a couple of companies last week. just got my first one back, from k2, and it had some goodies in it. yay for free-ish stuff.

5421024258_bf51eeeed4_z.jpg

one large vinyl transfer sticker, temporary tats (so i can look bad azz.. (10)), and a 30 minute video.

Been riding a lot this season 24days out already, park board is my Whammy bar 55 and anywhere else I pull out the Flying V Custom 56, love both of these whips. The Whammy bar is so damn playful it makes the Skate Banana feel stiff, yet still holds speed fairly well.

photo.jpg

A lot of natural colors coming on deck next season. the whole neon radiation color way that's been plaguing snowboarding is finally ending. Analog's shit looks amazing.

Image.jpg

Special Blend is doing things right too...

Picture6.png

i don't think i like those burtonxredwing boots....

review on the dlx after you use 'em alimenator? i was thinking i'd get the force sl, but they're ~$300.. dunno though.

Those Redwing boots are actually way lighter than they look and from what I've heard they ride just like the Hail. One of my favorite boots of all time even though I don't prefer it anymore because there are way lighter options out there nowadays.

They also did a collab with Sorel which blows my mind because it's like going back in time instead of forward.

I love those redwing boots but after riding Hails for years I'm really sick of doing up laces, my hands are still cold from taking them off earlier.

Sorel boots LOL..

agenda-2011_72.jpg

Updated my post up there with some embedded images, Holden's new stuff is pretty great, updated classics like field jacket and m 65 rock. Really feeling the kimono jacket .. swiss shoeller ftc, japanese made kimono print and recycled coffee ground lining, KILLS IT .. for me anyway, cant' afford though.

I haven't tied boots in 3 years. once Burton came out with the Ozone (now retired) it was over, their quick pull system knocks the shit outta Boa and is super fast. I'm currently riding the Imperail boot which is a touch stiffer than the Ozone and I really dig it. The only thing I kinda miss is the articulated cuff but it's not a deal breaker. Honestly you can't get the kind of control with traditional laces than you can with a quick pull system I leave the bottom loose and cinch up the top, I'd like to see regular laces do that and not untie after one run.

That holden Varsity Jacket is dope, but that's old news in snowboard fashion. Still the red one is growing on me...

what about nikepro stuff? i wear the cold gear whenever i go up. then i either add a tee if it's warm, a thin nike or columbia sweater if it's cold, but not unbearable, and come to think of it, i don't really have a good super fucking cold layer...

Finally snapped my Stairmaster this morning, just doing a little side hit but there must've been a degradation of structural integrity leading up to the final break ... rode some more for a bit until I lost a screw out of my bindings and my heelstrap fell off, ride down was fun.

I haven't tied boots in 3 years. once Burton came out with the Ozone (now retired) it was over, their quick pull system knocks the shit outta Boa and is super fast. I'm currently riding the Imperail boot which is a touch stiffer than the Ozone and I really dig it. The only thing I kinda miss is the articulated cuff but it's not a deal breaker. Honestly you can't get the kind of control with traditional laces than you can with a quick pull system I leave the bottom loose and cinch up the top, I'd like to see regular laces do that and not untie after one run.

nothing comes close to traditional lacing.