superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

i was thinking burton, but i'll definitely look into union. looks like my local shop caries 'em too. my biggest problem (though it might have nothing to do with my bindings) is that the buckles are constantly freezing up. i literally have to hit them to unbuckle.

broke what part of your strap? I bought some used ones off a friend and have no problems with straps or otherwise

aloe I've had a few burtons missions and p1carbons and they were overly complex and found the ratchets freezing all the time and ladders snapping regularly on both pairs

i don't think you can go wrong with anything rome makes

i personally ride tech nines and i love them, but i've ridden my buddy's rome bindings and they're pretty nice too

jealous about the skate banana. really want one of those

yeah i was riding a burton retro twin and got a custom vrocker when sierrasnowboard was going buckwild with their half off pricing when they were beefin with burton. i never got around to using it. sold it off and found a good deal for the banana magic so we'll see!

thanks for the input ill look into technines also, the other candidate i hear good things about is the union force. i tend to be more of an all mountain / free ride kinda guy so i dont want anything too soft

so, i know boards have categories (freeride, freestyle, all mountain, etc.) but bindings do as well?

all preference. but generally, softer bindings are more for freestyle and stiffer for freeride. but that doesn't mean people aren't using stiffer in the park or anything.

this can't be that bad of a flop.

anyone out there can give me tips on riding rails and half pipes for the first time?

and is it gay to wear butt pads?

Rails = start with 50 50s, just go for it, keep your eye on the end of the rail, dont fall off

Pipe = havent ridden in probably 7 years, cant accuratly describe how to do it, just watch shaun white or something

Its probably pretty gay to wear butt pads but I'm thinking about it after fracturing my tail bone, wolle nyvelt wears slytech ? and he's not too gay

In regards to the bindings, I used to ride Burton Customs for years, about 4 years ago though I stopped buying their stuff and switched to Rome bindings which are pretty good, not too stiff and straps are comfy. I'm currently riding Flux and fucking loveeeeee them. They have the same one piece mold as the old Customs and crazy comfortable high backs and straps. I forget the name of the model I have but it's the one you can switch out "bushings" on the side and high back to make them more stiff or soft depending on what you're looking for that day. Kinda gimmicky but you can tell a little bit of a difference. I'll probably be riding Flux for awhile now. Priority for me is boots > bindings > board... you can have a sick board but if your feet hurt and are cold you're going to have a miserable day.

Gosh, seems like the Yankees ave taken over...

Where are the Europeans??

Just got back from a long weekend at portes du soleil in France.

Stayed in Avoriaz.

Snowing when we arrived but bluebird and hardpack after that.

Next trip planned for third week of Feb.

For bindings I would look into Burton they got a good range in every price racket and(although I am speaking for Europe) their 24 hr replacement service is spot on...

Mate broke his strap by standing on it at -22C (not a good thing to do), I always carry a spare so problem solved but the new strap arrived at the shop within 12 hours...

The one that broke was a 2 year old Mission binding.

And that is a great binding as well

But he stepped hard on the plastic part while trying to balance himself getting out of a lift.

It broke at the baseplate

No problems what so ever with the replacement...

If you wanna go go to Italy or Austria ...

Stay away from france... Their attitude stinks, appartments are small and I have after 20 years of riding yet to find a nice lift employee who actually greets you when say Hi...

It has become a running joke among our friends...Apparently there is one in Chamonix but we haven't seen him yet...

We went because a mate is living there for the winter but the Dolomites are for me the best option onto ride in Europe

is anyone else riding libtech skate banana? if so did you TS delam near a sidewall?

I've got two friends riding the 2010 skate bananas and nothings going on with them.

The only delam I've seen this year was a friend's Burton Supermodel. They replaced his deck at the end of last year for a delam and the replacement deck did it a few days into the season this year. The replacement's replacement seems to be all good now.

my boy was riding the lib tech banana and put a pretty big dent right on the edge and pushed up the base, looks like someone hit it with a metal pole. on another note, me n some of my friends went to flushing skatepark over the weekend. pic of my friend:

5401829521_e6d7358938_z.jpg

dope! been thinking since summer to hit up maloof when it dumps, too busy with work!!!