Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

fuxed around with my WRX's downpipe/upipe, flashed to stage 2, and decided i'd like to keep my warranty a bit longer.

i've also spent the summer keeping a '72 karmann ghia in a workable condition.

anybody keep up with rally/WRC?

seriously, none of y'all play with cars?

Just bought a new set of winter tires, wintersport 3Ds. about time to play in the snow~ AWD pendulum drifts coming soon~

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/15/gooding-unloads-its-time-capsule-cars-for-its-2011-scottsdale/#continued

I just want to point out that this auction has so far:

a 1964 shelby cobra

porsche 904

ferrari 275 GTB

benz 62 300SL roadster

and a 65 shelby GT350

jesus christ this line up is ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Gatefold - I feel ya but there are benefits thought to switching out my current mini engine (MPI engine) to a Honda engine. MPI engines are reliable yet complicated if work is needed. Parts aren't too bad in price but I'm sure the labor will kill me. If anything happens to my car I would have to take it to a shop w/ a REAL mechanic. For example, I had to get my wheels aligned so I decided to take it to BMW (who owns MINI now) but they didn't know what to do....luckily I found some pros to do it. So if I had a Honda engine and had problems I could take it to any Honda dealership to get fixed. KNOCK ON WOOD nothing happens to my engine!!!!

@ onehundy - ah yes a mini vtec. This is the most common conversion I've seen on OG mini's. You can find people's build logs all over the web. Man I want to do this to car so bad...but it cost too damn much!!!! I got a quote from a shop the other day and they said it would cost $20k for a full conversion. I was looking at getting a Honda B series vtec AWD. I wish I was mechanically inclined as I'm sure I would save a bunch...

Thanks Kidaradio, I actually don't have one, but I really want one.

this mini is amazing!

redvtec15.jpg

redvtec40.jpg

• 3 months later...

I cannot believe there isn't a thread dedicated to cars, i even did some serious digging and couldn't find anything.

What are you into? What do you drive?

I want a new mustang so fuckin badly

slammeds197.jpg

I test drove a 2011 GT500 last week, i was not impressed. It's not as fast as the SRT Challenger and not as nimble feeling around corners as the SS Camaro.

I love those new minis, so well designed and functional.

I test drove a 2011 GT500 last week, i was not impressed. It's not as fast as the SRT Challenger and not as nimble feeling around corners as the SS Camaro.

I test drove the SS camaro when i was shopping cars. It's an amazing car. If gas prices weren't ridiculous i might have went for it. I was surprised at how well it handled. The chevy salesman was pretty pissed at the way i was driving it, but cmon man i need the full experience.

Also tested the challenger. That thing is a tank. I honestly felt like i could hit a wall going 100 and be fine. Was way out of my price range though.

I recently sold this car (and its ad made it on to Jalopnik) but had it for about 5 years.

1972 Datsun 510 with turbo 300zx engine.

307387429_1860325f8b_z.jpg?zz=1

Sold my V8 swapped 1973 Datsun 240z a couple years back.

This is with the weak V8.

Here it is with a 383 engine being implanted whose internals didn't match what the guy said was in it so I got my money back.

364262426_864098d22c_z.jpg?zz=1

Here it is with the 420whp 6.0 LQ9 Engine with cnc ported corvette heads, big cam, and exhaust. Thats the new owner driving it home. I miss that car but I dont miss how much it cost me to get it going and dont miss how much more it would have cost me to have it running perfect.

5560_124885048237_500023237_3039395_6959317_n.jpg

The first car I bought with my own money. I loved this car, shouldn't have ever sold it. She talked to me, was modded to around 300hp, and never gave me any trouble.

I had a WRX after that 300zx but it just seemed boring and not worth the payments. Now I daily drive a 2002 Civic Si which is a good balance between okayish power, good mpg, and can use junk 87oct. I"ve moved to motorcycles for my engine thrills for now but some day I'm gonna need a Datsun in my life again.

^ naaaiice. I'm waiting to get employed before copping either a S30 or a 914.

Really? I was looking at the new 5.0s due to the price point. I drove one with a sports pack and came away pretty impressed. On the fence about the interior quality though. From what I understand the GT500 is a different beast though.