fuck market sucks
nothing sell like before...

#32 whitney

whitney

supersweet

• PipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

is there a way to make a subforum where only senior members (x # of posts or rep or whatever requirement you guys decide) can post but everyone can view so anyone can PM the seller to buy

but no unnecessary bumps

or pages and pages of junk

etc.

rest of supermarket to be open for everyone with their IC WTB and shit
(! . !) verpiss dich
f // i

#33 Liberation1945

Liberation1945

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

yo whitney dat b mad good wisdom gurrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllll
Posted Image

#34 Quinnskimo

Quinnskimo

superbored

• Pip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

i don't even wanna bump my shit anymore. there's no point. it's gone in 10 minutes. somebody buy my boots so i never have to click on supermarket again. goddamn
Will work for jawnz

#35 Whodinihimself

Whodinihimself

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,235 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Supermarket should have a separate forum for people interested in buying shit........right now, a fair amount of clutter is coming from WTB threads.............shiiiit.

YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT >>> http://supertalk.sup...c/#entry2882862

#36 Tyro1

Tyro1

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

SZ introduced minimum post count rules in their classifieds, and it seems to work pretty well.

It also reduces the number of scammers, because people get a chance to know the poster some what

#37 Servo2000

Servo2000

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

I don't want to be a total dick but I honestly feel like if it's worth less than $100 it almost shouldn't even be in the Supermarket. H&M jackets can go on eBay. I'm sure I've listed shit that breaks this rule but I would definitely be more than willing to support it now.

When's SuperShop or whatever that deal is coming out / going up?

#38 Tyro1

Tyro1

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

supermarket would probably be better if it wasnt for all the stickies at the top of the thread, making each page considerably shorter

#39 Whodinihimself

Whodinihimself

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,235 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, good point.

Also, It might be better if they made separate market forums...one for denim & streetwear and one for high end/designer clothing.

YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT >>> http://supertalk.sup...c/#entry2882862

#40 Tabris

Tabris

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Two subforums should be made:

Peasant Status
Balla

You're not ready to own Sugar Cane denim.

#41 eastcoastrider27

eastcoastrider27

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:39 AM

I don't want to be a total dick but I honestly feel like if it's worth less than $100 it almost shouldn't even be in the Supermarket. H&M jackets can go on eBay. I'm sure I've listed shit that breaks this rule but I would definitely be more than willing to support it now.

What an extremely pretentious attitude.

#42 Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

is there a way to make a subforum where only senior members (x # of posts or rep or whatever requirement you guys decide) can post but everyone can view so anyone can PM the seller to buy

but no unnecessary bumps

or pages and pages of junk

etc.

rest of supermarket to be open for everyone with their IC WTB and shit

Disssssssssssssss is what's up.

#43 Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Seriously, if the moderators spent less time trying to clean up supertrash (which has never made much sense to me, and I don't even post there very much) and more time cleaning up the supermarket (merging multiple sales threads, cracking down on people who bump too much) this situation would be a little better.

#44 artificialsky

artificialsky

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

it's fucking amazing to me that prices on the supermarket are way more rape now then they were two years ago even though the economy was doing about a thousand times better back then.

Nobody comes correct with pieces OR prices these days. Sad as hell.

#45 ProfMonnitoff

ProfMonnitoff

supersexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

What an extremely pretentious attitude.

once you add shipping and paypal fees to a $100 item its hardly worth it anymore

for a more expensive item, those fees are a smaller hit

hi

#46 Bona Drag

Bona Drag

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

it's fucking amazing to me that prices on the supermarket are way more rape now then they were two years ago even though the economy was doing about a thousand times better back then.

Nobody comes correct with pieces OR prices these days. Sad as hell.

i figure if these kids are dumb enough to spend twice what their parents pay for their rent to look like reject extras from a tim burton movie, they probably have a limited understanding of market economics

louisiana is rly the best state

#47 ghettosalazar

ghettosalazar

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,719 posts
  • denim:size 30

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:15 PM

ro subforum

#48 ghettosalazar

ghettosalazar

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,719 posts
  • denim:size 30

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

most effective way to start off would be simple post # requirement

#49 cyberPUNK

cyberPUNK

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • talents:デカチン

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

the only problem with the post # requirement would be that these douches would flood the other forums with worthless posts. i like whitney's idea, divide it into different forums by post count. this way the balance in the force is not disturbed.

#50 lak

lak

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

A system based on rep might work too. It could work by having members reach a specific one-time level of rep to post and would still allow them to post despite future fluctuations. Alternately, it could be based around maintaining a minimum level of rep, and would probably limit the number of fraudulent transactions in the supermarket.

Don't know much about web engineering to know if this is feasible but if it didn't cause a huge headache for the tech guys on here then it might be really good.

#51 cyberPUNK

cyberPUNK

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • talents:デカチン

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

for some reason i feel the people running superfuture would be afraid of the rep system since the people with high rep could determine who gets to use the supermarket. i'm pretty sure anything that could potentially decrease the traffic of this website is usually frowned upon since it would eat into their revenues from advertisements.

#52 lak

lak

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

I kinda have the same feeling, but by that logic wouldn't any reforming of the supermarket rules decrease traffic on the forum?

I guess if it gets to the point where enough people complain, they'll do something about it.

#53 lawless

lawless

superjunkie

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

There are still flaws in the rep system idea. the main one being that rep is too easy to acquire these days. Take My Uncle for example she/he (whatever) acquired a full rep back in under 50 post within ONE DAY. Kodiak is another prime example all he had to do was use another account and post a few nudes in a few threads and he was well on his way to a full rep bar.

The post count flaw has already been explained as the posters will just shit up threads to reach 100-200 post. 1000 post is a different story but that also limit's alot of the OG's and old come and go posters.

In my opinion have an age requirement would work best in restricting scammers as scammers are here to make a quick buck. We minus as well make it as hard as possible for them to achieve it. In my opinion 6 months to a year would be a prime date.
asshole by nature

#54 lawless

lawless

superjunkie

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

also sub forums are a great idea just take style forum for example. they've made a street wear forum and a high end mens wear forum as well as a wanted forum for both i believe. Yes there is slow traffic in those forums but that is what we are trying to achieve.
asshole by nature

#55 jonle714

jonle714

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:42 AM

you guys think anyone's listening?
no images
2 lines of text

#56 lawless

lawless

superjunkie

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:59 AM

not a god damn soul.
asshole by nature

#57 Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:48 AM

I think the reality is that it should no be post count, rep, cost or brand of items, or even seller credibility (ebay etc.) exactly, but some kind of formula of credibility for who gets invited to the non-cluttered elite sub-forum. All of those traits have abused before, and there are sellers who fit each of them to some extent who have ripped people or been shady. For obvious examples see Goldengloves or SoS.

The main idea should be to reward those who contribute to the supermarket while simultaneously trusting them not to abuse the privilege. Just think how many views those sales threads would get: it would be very worth it to respect rules since your items would move so fast.

Another possible idea I thought of would be to give every poster only one thread per month in the regular supermarket, and allow the editing of subject headlines. There are obvious problems with this though, as far as abuse goes.

I don't think that we can say no one is listening exactly, but as far as priorities go, it's probably pretty low.

#58 whitney

whitney

supersweet

• PipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:54 AM

I don't think supermarket is such a huge thing for the pple of superfuture. if anything maybe you guys will get so frustrated you'll start clicking those ads on top when they announce their sales :eek:

i figure if these kids are dumb enough to spend twice what their parents pay for their rent to look like reject extras from a tim burton movie, they probably have a limited understanding of market economics

exactly. if there aren't any fishes biting at such high prices those sellers would get the idea and eventually lower it or be stuck with $$$ goods that won't move.
(! . !) verpiss dich
f // i

#59 lawless

lawless

superjunkie

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

yall nignogs better quit bumpin threads everyday for a month or u gonna catch dat neg
asshole by nature

#60 Lucas

Lucas

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

wayne & crew
please please plaase organize the market so that users must post items in separate categories.