Workshirts

gimmegimme

Guest jbone45
recieved sam's shirt today. sorry for the dirty mirror:

p2210527.jpg

to all who pm'd: the shirt is from sam, the guy who runs theworkshopbysam.blogspot.com

nice shirt. that was like $200 though right?

I was about to order a custom shirt from Sam but was too slow on the payment unfortunately, so I haven't ordered a shirt from him yet but definitely will once I have the funds again. He is really capable and easy to deal with, gets in nice fabrics and quick to respond. Also I was one of the runner ups for the new blog name which (I thought) was pretty cool...

I was about to order a custom shirt from Sam but was too slow on the payment unfortunately, so I haven't ordered a shirt from him yet but definitely will once I have the funds again. He is really capable and easy to deal with, gets in nice fabrics and quick to respond. Also I was one of the runner ups for the new blog name which (I thought) was pretty cool...

got that right.

im going to order a custom piece from him too. short sleeved workshirt, which is why i was asking for pics of short sleeved workshirts (my post before the post w/ the pic). i wanna get that RD lol

so has anyone seen/ has a pic of a short sleeved workshirt?

I do have a Post O'Alls work shirt with short sleeves, it's a little bit on the big side for me, it's marked a L but it's (really) big for an L. I do still really like it though, the quality is really nice, all the stitching is perfect throughout the shirt and the quality really shows, right through to the bartacked areas of strain.

I will try and take some pics and post them up. Any parts you want to see in particular detail? ;)

Picked up this Rag & Bone chambray off eBay. Very nice detailing, selvedge side gussets, chinstrap, very long arms. Denim was fairly raw, photos are taken after about 10 wears.

No soak, as I was afraid of it shrinking. Anybody venture an educated guess as to whether it's sanforized? Possibly Cone Denim? Either way, when I do wash, it'll be cold.

Usually wear it tucked, apart from that last picture.

dsc0040v.jpg

dsc0043.jpg

dsc0045s.jpg

dsc0046x.jpg

86844421.jpg

I do have a Post O'Alls work shirt with short sleeves, it's a little bit on the big side for me, it's marked a L but it's (really) big for an L. I do still really like it though, the quality is really nice, all the stitching is perfect throughout the shirt and the quality really shows, right through to the bartacked areas of strain.

I will try and take some pics and post them up. Any parts you want to see in particular detail? ;)

what types of pockets does it have?

Joy:

that's one nice shirt! If it's never been washed I'd watch it washing it as it doesn't look like it would fit you if it shrunk...

what size is it? Measurements?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hard time fitting into vintage workshirts because they are usually way too boxy on me. My two EG workshirts (flannel and ringspun denim) and my MFSC utility shirt fit and serve me well.

Subscribed...awesome thread, I am going to need to pick up a few workshirts shortly.

Any one here have any experience with Iron Heart work shirts, and sizing. Thinking of pulling the pin on their hickory stripe, and their specs seem pretty on point, but just want to know if their looser or snugger than listed.

DOMO!

Any one here have any experience with Iron Heart work shirts, and sizing. Thinking of pulling the pin on their hickory stripe, and their specs seem pretty on point, but just want to know if their looser or snugger than listed.

DOMO!

i have the ihsh-07, 09 and 11 in xl

check here on how they fit me:

http://ringxring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=293

i am 6'2 198lbs and usually wear 46" in the chest in my shirts.

also, check for alternative measurements here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/products.htm

the hickory (07) is plain beauty and a tad more fitted than the heavy chambray (09). currently my 09 is under all-day-every-day wear. as it is really comfy after you broke it in.

i will go as far as too say i might buy the 13 (heavy chambray without front yoke) as well as soon as it hits shops. i just love that piece!

just look-up some of the pics kiya posted of himself. you will easily find the 09 represented!

i have the ihsh-07, 09 and 11 in xl

i am 6'2 198lbs and usually wear 46" in the chest in my shirts.

Turntabloid, I think you need to sign my petition that they do another run of the 14oz. denim shirt, including a size XL.

This one:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/IHSH-02.html

I've been looking for that kind of shirt forever... Only other thing close is the Lee Riders shirt that they apparently no longer make. Seriously though, it may not hurt for you to send Iron Heart an e-mail too if you'd buy one... I'm sure that'd get you your fix!