Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Hater's gonna hate. I can't say that I like everything they do, but they're solid in my book.

This. What I respect about naked and famous is that they're continually attempting to innovate. Yes, that does result in the occasional gimmicky product (scratch and sniff, I'm looking at you) but they are not simply reproducing the same pair of jeans, in the same cut, with the same fabric year after year without progress. They're pushing the boundaries of what denim can be. And best of all, in addition to offering a consistently interesting line of products thy're also extremely affordable.

Honestly, what "fashion" brands can you think of that do what naked and famous does? What trends are they trying to cater to with these quirky products? If fashion is all about staying in season and following the most recent trends, then the only way naked & famous would be fashionable is if a whole bunch of other brands started producing scratch-n-sniff jeans, or extremely heavy weight denim, or...eh...dog-print shirts. They're going *against* the grain of fashion in a lot of respects, for better or for worse.

I get more compliments on my dog print shirt than any other item in the wardrobe.

All from women.

N&F will get you laid.

I've noticed that people who wash more often with this brand typically have better fades than the people who wait a year or more.

I've heard from multiple sources that to keep costs down as much as possible the indigo dye they use is a very synthetic, stubborn one. I definitely agree that letting N&F jeans hit water sooner rather than later loosens up that dye a bit and fades nicer, especially with their dark/deep indigo offerings (e.g. elephant 2's).