Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

this is also a reply to the others with deep indigos that aren't experiencing optimal fades:

The deep indigos are heavily dyed and heavily starched. After the heavy dye and starch is gone, the jeans fade quite fast. I experienced optimal fading after the sixth month.

Don't be afraid to let your jeans touch water. After the first soak I found my jeans developed very nice high contrast fades. Do what Bahzad from N&F told me. Wear your jeans hard for a few months until you develop a foundation, then soak them to get rid of the extra starch.

Quick tip: grinding girls at the club can get you nice crotch fades

Actually I'm quite happy with my fades. Other cool denimheads just said "what man you rocked ya jawnz fo a entire year and they look like this?".

I'm gonna take some post wash pics when the lightning is better. Fuck all gray winter weather..

thanks :D ill be updating this weekend when it reaches 200 wears. nope i dont think ill be washing them any time soon, maybe in another year or more. i mainly wear these from oct- april and then when it gets too hot i wear my frank2s. that ends up making me able to wear them even longer without wash. i wore uniqlos before these and i kept them unwashed for 3 years.

maybe, MAYBE ill soak them so the crotch doesnt blow out but dont have anything planned yet

thanks :D ill be updating this weekend when it reaches 200 wears. nope i dont think ill be washing them any time soon, maybe in another year or more. i mainly wear these from oct- april and then when it gets too hot i wear my frank2s. that ends up making me able to wear them even longer without wash. i wore uniqlos before these and i kept them unwashed for 3 years.

maybe, MAYBE ill soak them so the crotch doesnt blow out but dont have anything planned yet

I'm at around 100 wears with my ele2s and they're looking pretty comparable to yours at around 90-100, so yours might be a pretty good preview of what I'm in for. I still feel like my stacks haven't fully settled yet though, how are yours feeling?

IMG_0344_zpse59019a6.jpg

saw your fit pics on the wiwt thread. they look good but i can see what you mean about the stacks. i was OCD and preset them when i first got them thats why they look pretty symmetrical. i also noticed that its horrible to cuff them so early because they were so stiff. it also creates the weird line fade at the cuff, making them hard to wear uncuffed afterwards.

what do you do in yours? im a student so im mainly walking, sitting driving or in class. especially since its winter im not as active in them as i could be. dont really have to shovel in them either since i live in a condo.

Edited by TooAwesome

I keep pushing my stacks down whenever I stand up, which I think is slowly helping them set. I'm a student as well, so about the same, although I did some shoveling in them while I was home. I've had them cuffed since I got them, but I don't ever plan on wearing them uncuffed so I'm not too worried about the line fade that's already forming. I wish I had a real camera to capture some of the electric blue fading, looking at that pic you'd think they were brand new..

The front rise on the Weird Guys is atrocious and its only marginally better on the Slim Guys. Another thing I noticed is how small the pockets are, I bought a pair of SGs online and I can barely fit my hands in them. The leg openings on Regular Guys are even wider than a pair of 501s.

I like N&F aesthetically and I wanted to support this company, but I think they look best on guys with a slim build and who are somewhat short or of average height (I'm neither).

I haven't sized down on either of my WG collabs, Momos & T&YxFH, and I find the rise just acceptable. Better with the Momos. Another inch higher and they would be perfect. I'm a bigger guy and as long as I'm not feeling extra hefty, I can wear without feeling self conscious.

I have the second - the WG. Wasn't the first a Skinny Guy? I like them. Cut big for a WG, especially the waist. I probably could have sized down, but the front rise scared me, so I didn't. Not wearing them much right now because it's winter and I'm living in my Iron Hearts.