Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

just to give some people a frame of reference. the momotaro 01xx fit is suppose to be based off the skinny guy cut. I recently compared my skinny guy indigo stretch 33's against my momotaro 32 jb 0102's. they are the exact same measurements. good alternative if you are looking for something different in the same cut. just size down probably.

be careful with the horizontal stripe shirt if you get one, after one wear, and wearing in a humid environment anywhere i sweat the blue bled into the white real bad. kind of unwearable now. the slim shirts fit me well but don't think i will buy anymore cause I've just had issues. I had a navajo shirt fall apart before even wearing. a replacement navajo shirt needed the seam at the sleeve repaired and where it is darted in the back is falling apart and just won't last much long. thats after only hand washing and wearing sparingly. my oxford and pinstripe denim slim shirts seem to be holding up but its too much of a crap shoot to go with these shirts now.

somewhat time-based question (and also my first post!)

I bought Deep Indigo WGs from Karmaloop, and they just shipped. Now Hypebeast is doing a sale and has regular Indigo WG here for $70 less. Worth it to switch? Or are the Deep Indigos definitively better? I prefer the look of the Deep but not sure I like it $70 more. Thoughts?

somewhat time-based question (and also my first post!)

I bought Deep Indigo WGs from Karmaloop, and they just shipped. Now Hypebeast is doing a sale and has regular Indigo WG herefor $70 less. Worth it to switch? Or are the Deep Indigos definitively better? I prefer the look of the Deep but not sure I like it $70 more. Thoughts?

deeps are what's up, but you could have used a rep code at KL for 20% off. i guess return those and order another pair, code is "unlocked". you will have to eat shipping.

deeps are what's up, but you could have used a rep code at KL for 20% off. i guess return those and order another pair, code is "unlocked". you will have to eat shipping.

I bought from Amazon->Karmaloop, cause I had $100 Amazon Gift Card. So I doubt I can use the coupon then. :unsure2:

Sorry noob question, but just to clarify, do the elephant 2s only come in the skinny and weird guy cuts? Wanted them but was looking for a cut like the slim guy. If it comes only in those two cuts, is there any way to size either of them to get a slim straight fit?

Yea you can't get em in slim guy. My suggestion would be to find a local retailer who stocks skinny guy models and play around with sizing up if you want more of a straighter fit. See if you like it.

I'm not sure if this will get you want you want cuz I've personally never tried it myself, but that's what I would do in your situation.

Edited by CMCiA

Here's my N&F Greencast 12.5oz denim. Weird Guy fit, size 34.

Purchased a little over a month ago, worn hard daily. I work in these and bike all over hell's creation in brutal Boston heat. Surprised how fast these have faded in certain areas.

399381_473016966044916_1019338693_n.jpg

616732_473017349378211_427907402_o.jpg

411535_473015989378347_1006054844_o-1.jpg

547732_473017256044887_890751181_n.jpg

As you can see, the crotch is wearing pretty fast. Might be time for a wash soon.... What do you guys think? I'm thinking it would be worth it to throw it in the tub, I'd rather prolong the life of my jeans than hold out for "sicker fades."

weird guy deep indigo, 32. First wear. Hows the fit? Got them buttoned after a few minutes of stretching haha. How much should I hem for few stacks? Not straight legged, just not crazy streetwear style. I'm thinking .5 - 1.5".

f7619642746_2d06a9fc9c_c.jpg7619645170_1892f125fa_c.jpg7619644038_065a751717_c.jpg7619644332_ce1dba587e_c.jpg

Just incase you guys haven't seen this yet... Fall 2012 Collection

1) Double-Sided Camo (WeirdGuy pictured here)

camo_fr-225x471.jpgcamo_bk-225x513.jpg

2) Dirty Fade Selvedge (SkinnyGuy pictured here)

dirtyfade_fr-225x446.jpgdirtyfade_bk-225x459.jpg

3) Indigo/Indigo Selvedge (SkinnyGuy pictured here)

IndigoIndigo_fr-225x457.jpgIndigoIndigo_bk-225x439.jpg

FABRIC INFO FOR EACH STYLE:

1) Double-Sided Camo – A soft and easy to wear camo twill printed on both sides with different color combos so that you can roll up the cuff and show off the alternate color. Available in WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

2) Dirty Fade Selvedge – 14.5oz indigo rope-dyed selvedge denim. We take beige dyed warp yarns and then rope-dye them in indigo afterwards so that the core of the yarn is beige with layers of indigo around it. As you beat up these jeans they appear to get more beigey and dirty looking hence… “dirty fadeâ€. Available in SkinnyGuy + WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

3) Indigo/Indigo Selvedge – 12oz version of our past indigo warp + indigo weft selvedge denim. The fabric is beautiful and crisp and will fade with both vertical and horizontal “marbled†fading. Available in SkinnyGuy + WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

4) Big Slub Selvedge (WeirdGuy pictured here)

big_slub_fr-225x478.jpgbig_slub_bk-225x483.jpg

5) Soft Raw Selvedge

softraw_fr-225x428.jpgsoftraw_bk-225x431.jpg

6) Red Core Selvedge (WeirdGuy pictured here)

redcore_fr-225x444.jpgredcore_bk-225x445.jpg

4) Big Slub Selvedge – Heavyweight 18oz Selvedge denim with giant slub yarns. Super bumpy and irregular texture makes these a denim nerds dream!

Check out a faded pair from our first season (4.5 years ago!) by clicking here. Available in WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

5) Soft Raw Selvedge – These are our gateway jeans! For anyone who wants raw jeans but can’t stand rigid denim, these jeans are for you! A low tension weave and extra long staple cotton create a denim that is soft and raw at the same time. Available in SkinnyGuy + WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

6) Red Core Selvedge – Similar to the dirty core, but these indigo jeans fade to red with wear! Holy cow!

Check out some faded pics by clicking here. Available in WeirdGuy only. Available now!

7) Indigo Corduroy (WeirdGuy pictured here)

corduroy_fr-225x428.jpgcorduroy_bk-225x476.jpg

8 ) Pomegranate Selvedge (WeirdGuy pictured here)

pomegranate_fr-225x485.jpgpomegranate_bk-225x428.jpg

9) Selvedge Chino Beige (WeirdGuy pictured here)

chino_beige_fr-225x420.jpgchino_beige_bk-225x405.jpg

10) Selvedge Chino Khaki Green (WeirdGuy pictured here – also, color is way nicer in real life.)

Chino_green_fr-225x466.jpgChino_green_bk-225x450.jpg

7) Indigo Corduroy – Quite simply indigo corduroy 5-pocket jeans that fade like indigo denim! I can’t wait to see a faded pair soon! Available in WeirdGuy + SlimGuy. Available now!

8 ) Pomegranate Selvedge – This is a left hand twill 14oz denim dyed in a blend of natural and synthetic dyes. The color is saturated and outstanding! We’ve done this style 1 year ago in limited quantity and we are bringing it back in limited numbers again. WeirdGuy only. Available now!

9) Selvedge Chino Beige – A soft and luxurious 12oz selvedge chino fabric in 5-pocket jeans fit. This beige color is a repeat from last season and is a great basic. Available in WeirdGuy + SlimGuy.Available now!

10) Selvedge Chino Khaki Green – The color of the photo below does not do justice to this beautiful shade of deep khaki green. You must see it in person to appreciate the rich color and feel. WeirdGuy only. Available now!

11) Selvedge Chino Sand (WeirdGuy pictured here)

Chino_sand_fr-225x505.jpgchino_sand_bk-225x415.jpg

12) Low Tension Selvedge (WeirdGuy pictured here)

lowtension_fr-225x463.jpglowtension_bk-225x413.jpg

13) Indigo Sashiko (WeirdGuy pictured here)

sashiko_fr-225x421.jpgsashiko_bk-225x460.jpg

14) Glow in the Dark Stretch (SkinnyGuy pictured here)

glow_light_fr-225x452.jpgglow_light_bk-225x482.jpg

glow_dark_fr-225x362.jpgglow_dark_bk-225x357.jpg

11) Selvedge Chino Sand – A soft and luxurious 12oz selvedge chino fabric in 5-pocket jeans fit. New color! WeirdGuy only. Available now!

12) Low Tension Selvedge – In my opinion the best value out there! These will sell out super fast!

See more details here

13) Indigo Sashiko – The first ever “Judo Jeansuâ€! Made from double woven sashiko fabric normally used to make judo and kendo uniforms. A unique and beautiful fabric with a soft but textured feel.Available in SkinnyGuy + WeirdGuy. Available end-August.

14) Glow in the Dark Stretch – One of our craziest and most fun jeans we have ever done, but now in a stretch version! The jeans come with a mini UV light keychain so you can “draw†glowing lines on your jeans in the dark! SkinnyGuy only. But also available in a skinny fit version for women!Available end-July 2012.

since I've yet to see any faded NF x Onis, here's some mediocre photos of mine at a little more than six months. One initial hot soak.

front view.

HHOWR.jpg

back view.

VhCVL.jpg

left pocket faded from keys, much more distinct in better light.

DNJc5.jpg

left leg combs.

ns75j.jpg

had a couple of wallets so the fade isn't as distinct as it may have been.

Qaz4f.jpg

slubby, uneven texture leads to these bizarre fades.

yOzcN.jpg

these are a little big on me and therefore bunch up a bit in the waist with a belt. no big deal but you can see they fade at these points quite a bit.

P5zQi.jpg

roping.

YnRqC.jpg

since I've yet to see any faded NF x Onis, here's some mediocre photos of mine at a little more than six months. One initial hot soak.

slubby, uneven texture leads to these bizarre fades.

yOzcN.jpg

The texture is something I really like about theses jeans. I'm short enough to have these fit right, so I might have to get a pair based off of what your look like.