Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Can anyone shed some light on how much these stretch? I tried on a 30, and couldn't button it up to the top, but I'm afraid the 31 will stretch out to be too big.

REAL stiff denim though, and all the necessary details seemed on point.

I won't take a chance on a new brand until they have what I want. I want the Super Slub model. BIG doesn't have it.

The Silk Denim is appealing though. Either way its a possible waist of $100.

Someone on SUFU needs to own a pair of Naked & Famous jeans before any of us can comment on it.

May'be Naked & Famous should supply a pair so we can shamelessly promote?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my slim guy big slub today. I may post worn pix later on but not sure how useful they'd be (they're size 38). Will take them off and get some regular photos today or tomorrow if requested. Initial impressions:

The denim is extremely nice. Not as nice as my oni shoais but equivalent to (nay, side-by-side confirms, nearly identical to) those super slubby evisus that came in a box from last season and retailed for some insane price. As an aside I have a pair of those in size 38 that I dont want if anyone's interested. :) The denim is sanforized (tag states 3% shrinkage), and is VERY heavy.

The slim guy cut is, to my eye, very appealing. I would liken it to the KMW 1980 - very tube-legish with little to no hip flare. There definitely are some nice details: back pockets very plain and unadorned, and the right size and placement and the hems are chainstitched.

There are a few things I would have prefered been done differently. For example, no back pocket rivets, the outseam stitching doesn't quite "line up" so that the front material stands up a bit higher than the back along the outseam. This may be due to the material but I feel like that could have been done a little more carefully. Finally, the fly is a zip. BOO! Sufu sizing very hard to achieve when you're getting your junk painfully mutilated by a zipper, so be forewarned sizing down a ton may not be as easy.

The inseam is also not terribly long. I usually buy a tagged 34 inseam but my true inseam is somewhere around 33.3ish and these jeans are just the right length. So if you need a 36 inseam you'll need to do some serious wet-stretching.

All said, for $150 it's kind of a tough deal to beat. I give the jeans about an 80% for quality but given that the evisus which use the same material were around $800 retail I think the value gets 125%. :)

Gordon has them online now too:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4135&category_id=75&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

But I got mine from canada because BiG doesn't stock size 38

B lm14, would you be able to get any detail pictures? I really want to see how slubby they are, how dark, and what it all looks like put together.

I just ordered a pair in size 31.

No problemo!

These photos, plus a few more that I didnt post in this message due to sufu image limits, can be viewed at their original size (1600x1200 or something huge like that) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16458870@N00/sets/72157604300948104/detail/

2371562383_4dbcc5ccb8.jpg

2372399154_1735bd94ef.jpg

2372399630_74679a3aeb.jpg

2372400078_cfbf0cfbf2.jpg

2371564187_a8b1a24720.jpg

And then a couple of pix comparing to the evisu deluxe hank-dyed jeans which I have for sale in the supermarket, for comparison:

Evisu on the right:

2372403652_192575cfdc.jpg

Evisu on the left:

2372404026_c305975694.jpg

2372404396_1338edf40f.jpg

2371568221_068f731636.jpg

Yeah like I said they're no samurais. But the denim ITSELF is very very nice. I think they're a steal for $150. I'd challenge anyone to find hank-dyed jeans made with this type of material for anything close to that price.

Yeah I'm definitely going to always wear them with a belt to cover up that annoying leather back patch. I may even remove it. But it's also so dark that you have to be practically three inches from my ass to see what's on it... That photo is in very bright sunlight with flash and in macro mode. at 2 feet it looks just like a piece of plain leather.

that big slub looks really apealing for the price. you really cant size down in zip flys without it it messing up the fly right?

anyways naked and famous has more pics,fit pics, and basic measurements. i liked the look of the vintage blue on BIG but not so much on thier own site.

i also saw on styleforum that denimbar has some cuts for sale although they are not online as of today.

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/?page_id=80

hey blm14,

do you think you can get some fit pics? i am a fellow 38 denim wearer. Thinking about getting these in black but are the leg openings narrow? i can't stand when my leg opening drags underneath my shoe.

homme.homme, what company is it ? where can I find them in Sydney ?

Hey Maenterus... I just checked my sources and the brand I was actually thinking of is rich and skinny...

my friend used to work for international fashion group who are the distributers and told me the story of the launch and i guess my memory was a little vague. i havent actually seen this other brand but i dont imagine it would be any good.

ps. thanks to dhalgren for pointing out to me (via pm) my blunder.

oh.. my gf has a pair of R&S jeans. The sales girl said that they are some kind of subsidiary of seven jeans if I remembered correctly.

They are fucking expensive (at least for my standard) and look really decent.. She bought it when I wasn't with her :mad: such a huge waste of money.