• Please log in to reply
5780 replies to this topic

#121 Demonsblood

Demonsblood

semibored

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

Hey! I'm interested in the Slub or the Indigo Selvage.. anyone know how much they will be at Dutil?

#122 poonpower

poonpower

bored

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

anyone that actually bought a pair of weird guys and has real life fit pics?
also, Im curious to how these will fade.

#123 fuhq

fuhq

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Can anyone shed some light on how much these stretch? I tried on a 30, and couldn't button it up to the top, but I'm afraid the 31 will stretch out to be too big.

REAL stiff denim though, and all the necessary details seemed on point.

#124 16steps

16steps

banned

• banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
  • talents:drugs.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

cant believe these have been out for a few weeks and we have just about as much info about them as we did before they released

#125 technicolor

technicolor

superbored

• Pip
  • 789 posts
  • biography:love to live live to love
  • talents:Motorsports, Music, Movies, Art, Denim, Indigo, Fashion

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

I won't take a chance on a new brand until they have what I want. I want the Super Slub model. BIG doesn't have it.

The Silk Denim is appealing though. Either way its a possible waist of $100.

Someone on SUFU needs to own a pair of Naked & Famous jeans before any of us can comment on it.
May'be Naked & Famous should supply a pair so we can shamelessly promote?
45rpm Jomon SEXSC06 MORE! http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=238377

#126 16steps

16steps

banned

• banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
  • talents:drugs.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

or you could buy them and think for yourself? /\/\/\

#127 tedadoret

tedadoret

semibored

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

" The Silk Denim is appealing though. Either way its a possible waist of $100."

You know when youve been reading too much superdenim when you use waist instead of waste lol ; )

#128 jdavis

jdavis

semibored

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Here's a link to a pair of NF vintage blues that I had on yesterday. I'm pretty happy with mine - I think they're a pretty great all-round jean. And I like the stiffness and the texture of the denim.

http://www.styleforu...1257#post941257

- J

#129 Guest_Montreal_*

Guest_Montreal_*

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

I dunno how you guys could possibly like these jeans. I tried on the Weird Guy and they are GARBAGE!

#130 Chris902

Chris902

semibored

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

They were $105 on sale.

These are on the sales rack already? Yikes.

#131 fuhq

fuhq

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

I purchased a pair of Weird Guy Vintage blues a couple days ago; when I get the chance I'll up some fit and detail photos to the best of my abilities.

#132 sunkenshoes

sunkenshoes

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

Does someone have some pictures that representate the color of those black power jeans? They look like they have some coating or something.

#133 Chris902

Chris902

semibored

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:34 AM

How is it that we still don't have any fit pictures of any of the cuts from this brand? I am curious to see if the naysayers were right or not.

#134 e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5

rayman 64

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,228 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:21 AM

Check the how denim fits thread for pics of my black Skinny Guys

#135 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

Got my slim guy big slub today. I may post worn pix later on but not sure how useful they'd be (they're size 38). Will take them off and get some regular photos today or tomorrow if requested. Initial impressions:

The denim is extremely nice. Not as nice as my oni shoais but equivalent to (nay, side-by-side confirms, nearly identical to) those super slubby evisus that came in a box from last season and retailed for some insane price. As an aside I have a pair of those in size 38 that I dont want if anyone's interested. :) The denim is sanforized (tag states 3% shrinkage), and is VERY heavy.

The slim guy cut is, to my eye, very appealing. I would liken it to the KMW 1980 - very tube-legish with little to no hip flare. There definitely are some nice details: back pockets very plain and unadorned, and the right size and placement and the hems are chainstitched.

There are a few things I would have prefered been done differently. For example, no back pocket rivets, the outseam stitching doesn't quite "line up" so that the front material stands up a bit higher than the back along the outseam. This may be due to the material but I feel like that could have been done a little more carefully. Finally, the fly is a zip. BOO! Sufu sizing very hard to achieve when you're getting your junk painfully mutilated by a zipper, so be forewarned sizing down a ton may not be as easy.

The inseam is also not terribly long. I usually buy a tagged 34 inseam but my true inseam is somewhere around 33.3ish and these jeans are just the right length. So if you need a 36 inseam you'll need to do some serious wet-stretching.

All said, for $150 it's kind of a tough deal to beat. I give the jeans about an 80% for quality but given that the evisus which use the same material were around $800 retail I think the value gets 125%. :)

Gordon has them online now too:

http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=28

But I got mine from canada because BiG doesn't stock size 38

4.0 opened the floodgates to the mentally incapable. JAWNS! JAWNS! JAWNS! (soak?)

#136 technicolor

technicolor

superbored

• Pip
  • 789 posts
  • biography:love to live live to love
  • talents:Motorsports, Music, Movies, Art, Denim, Indigo, Fashion

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

B lm14, would you be able to get any detail pictures? I really want to see how slubby they are, how dark, and what it all looks like put together.

I just ordered a pair in size 31.
45rpm Jomon SEXSC06 MORE! http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=238377

#137 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

No problemo!

These photos, plus a few more that I didnt post in this message due to sufu image limits, can be viewed at their original size (1600x1200 or something huge like that) here:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And then a couple of pix comparing to the evisu deluxe hank-dyed jeans which I have for sale in the supermarket, for comparison:

Evisu on the right:
Posted Image
Evisu on the left:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

4.0 opened the floodgates to the mentally incapable. JAWNS! JAWNS! JAWNS! (soak?)

#138 aho

aho

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

Construction seems a bit shoddy but I guess you get what you pay for...good to finally see pictures of the denim though! Fit pics might be in order...

#139 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Yeah like I said they're no samurais. But the denim ITSELF is very very nice. I think they're a steal for $150. I'd challenge anyone to find hank-dyed jeans made with this type of material for anything close to that price.

#140 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,959 posts
  • wish i was in:heaven

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

The branding and shit on these is awful. But the denim lokos really decent.

#141 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

Yeah I'm definitely going to always wear them with a belt to cover up that annoying leather back patch. I may even remove it. But it's also so dark that you have to be practically three inches from my ass to see what's on it... That photo is in very bright sunlight with flash and in macro mode. at 2 feet it looks just like a piece of plain leather.

#142 thorough

thorough

superbored

• Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

that big slub looks really apealing for the price. you really cant size down in zip flys without it it messing up the fly right?
anyways naked and famous has more pics,fit pics, and basic measurements. i liked the look of the vintage blue on BIG but not so much on thier own site.
i also saw on styleforum that denimbar has some cuts for sale although they are not online as of today.
http://www.nakedandf...com/?page_id=80

#143 tsukasa

tsukasa

semibored

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image

Is it just me, or do those back pockets look tiny?

#144 homme.homme

homme.homme

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

in australia the company that imports seven and true religion also imports this brand. they had a launch party with body painted models and it was a complete flop. this makes me laugh as this brand seems superior to the other brands in their portfolio.

meh.

#145 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

It's not you - they're small pockets. But I wear a size 38. :) I bet on a size 32 they look perfectly normal.

#146 bigblack

bigblack

bored

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

hey blm14,
do you think you can get some fit pics? i am a fellow 38 denim wearer. Thinking about getting these in black but are the leg openings narrow? i can't stand when my leg opening drags underneath my shoe.

#147 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

will try and get some pix and measurements today after work

#148 maenterus

maenterus

semibored

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

homme.homme, what company is it ? where can I find them in Sydney ?

#149 homme.homme

homme.homme

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

homme.homme, what company is it ? where can I find them in Sydney ?

Hey Maenterus... I just checked my sources and the brand I was actually thinking of is rich and skinny...

my friend used to work for international fashion group who are the distributers and told me the story of the launch and i guess my memory was a little vague. i havent actually seen this other brand but i dont imagine it would be any good.

ps. thanks to dhalgren for pointing out to me (via pm) my blunder.

#150 maenterus

maenterus

semibored

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

oh.. my gf has a pair of R&S jeans. The sales girl said that they are some kind of subsidiary of seven jeans if I remembered correctly.
They are fucking expensive (at least for my standard) and look really decent.. She bought it when I wasn't with her :mad: such a huge waste of money.