• Please log in to reply
5758 replies to this topic

#91 Qwest905

Qwest905

semibored

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

ok i was in downtown toronto today and went to showroom to check out these jeans

all i remember from these jeans the stitching at the leg opening looked crooked ..the quality didn't seem all there...

i was disappointed

#92 cory_ostertag

cory_ostertag

semibored

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

WierdGuy Vintage Blue: Holy cardboard jeans Batman! These are like armour. Less blue than I thought it was going to be. A little twinge of gray there. Remember those LVC 501 1873's from FW07? The colour's like that. Anyway, Fit was a little less invasive then the slim guy. The hem opening was mall enough for me to stack them. If I did walk away from the shop with pair of jeans these would be them. Especially because they were going for 148 CAD. APC's are 210 CAD over here. I think we get price raeped a little there.

148 is a rip off! They are only 118 in Ottawa. I tried on the vintage blues today. I'll second the 'armour' observasion.

#93 terutt

terutt

semibored

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:57 AM

terutt, which store did you try these at? I'm in victoria, kinda curious about these!

Dutil in Gastown. So far they're the only one's that carry it to my knowledge. Though the people at FAB are trying really hard to get them there.

148 is a rip off! They are only 118 in Ottawa.

Wow. Vancouver is price raeped for sure.

#94 dkatz

dkatz

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

148 is a rip off! They are only 118 in Ottawa. I tried on the vintage blues today. I'll second the 'armour' observasion.

Hm, 118 for some quirky, different raw denim... not bad.

#95 thebestofall

thebestofall

semibored

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

Dutil in Gastown. So far they're the only one's that carry it to my knowledge. Though the people at FAB are trying really hard to get them there.

Wow. Vancouver is price raeped for sure.

actually Fab didnt Try really hard to get them there. Fab wont be get the more limited ones.

#96 cory_ostertag

cory_ostertag

semibored

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am curious as to whom is supplying the japanese denim to naked and famous and under what conditions they are being fabricated as to enable them to supply so many stores with so many pairs of jeans for such little cost.

#97 blm14

blm14

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:44 AM

I think you overestimate the cost of these things. 20% of the price of a pair of jeans is cost and 80% is image and marketing.

4.0 opened the floodgates to the mentally incapable. JAWNS! JAWNS! JAWNS! (soak?)

#98 JackPhotography

JackPhotography

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:33 AM

Hey anyone who lives in Canada and has access to the retailers or owners of the brand should let them know to come and post in here.

Also let them know they should send me a free pair to try out so I can give them the thumbs up.
( ̄(エ) ̄)。o○Zzz…

#99 BeauIXI

BeauIXI

superbored

• Pip
  • 453 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:paranoid
  • biography:An elegant roughneck

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Dhalgren posts here, and he's the N&F guy.

I tried a bunch of these on yesterday, and man, I'm not kidding.. They feel great. Especially the 18oz Slim Guys.. Which is an excellent fit! And the price point sweetens the deal!
WTB: Self respect

#100 Tarmac

Tarmac

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,299 posts
  • style:precious
  • attitude:hater
  • biography:smedium
  • wish i was in:USA

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

I can't believe Blue in Green is actually carrying these. If they aren't top quality I suppose BiG wants to crack some of that $150 APC crowd

#101 weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1

superbored

• Pip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

I can't believe Blue in Green is actually carrying these. If they aren't top quality I suppose BiG wants to crack some of that $150 APC crowd

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get business, even if it means taking a risk and carrying a brand that is brand new. In other news, does anyone know if BiG got their shipment yet?

#102 sidneylo

sidneylo

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

I am curious as to whom is supplying the japanese denim to naked and famous and under what conditions they are being fabricated as to enable them to supply so many stores with so many pairs of jeans for such little cost.

I think you overestimate the cost of these things. 20% of the price of a pair of jeans is cost and 80% is image and marketing.

I want to say the minimums are higher (for raw materials) compared to other mills but otherwise the manufacturing cost is being done elsewhere, so it's ultimately costing much less than buying a wholesale product and paying the tariff/tax/shipping on that as well.

#103 technicolor

technicolor

superbored

• Pip
  • 789 posts
  • biography:love to live live to love
  • talents:Motorsports, Music, Movies, Art, Denim, Indigo, Fashion

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

Self Edge carries Nudie (I hate Nudie).

Can you not believe it?

45rpm Jomon SEXSC06 MORE! http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=238377

#104 BeauIXI

BeauIXI

superbored

• Pip
  • 453 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:paranoid
  • biography:An elegant roughneck

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Nudie has a huge image.. It's a good dry jeans proponent.. I mean, Nudie is a good missionary for other, smaller brands, the popes and arch bishops.

But they're way expensive. Just be glad that less people will buy Cheap Monday thanks to N&F.

And I wish some of you guys would quit knocking them with one-liners if you haven't tried them or read up on them, or anything.. They're a good pair jeans.
WTB: Self respect

#105 pacioli

pacioli

superbored

• Pip
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

^ quite the range of opinions.

Pacioli - Is the vintage denim raw/rigid? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm used to associating that sort of light blue with Walmart Lees, but I can't imagine them not being soft and washed.

hi dkatz - the vintage blue denim is raw. Water has never touched the fabric. The dichotomy is heartbreakingly beautiful and I must say this is one of my favorite N&F denims. While the big slub is interesting it is not my taste.

The basic selvage is probably one of the finest cloths on the market you can get in jeans/garment form for the price.

#106 mrpenguin354

mrpenguin354

superbored

• Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:40 AM

BiG now has Naked & Famous up on their online store if anyone wants to take a peek. No measurements though, but I'm sure you could e-mail Gordon and ask.

#107 Lc21

Lc21

superbored

• Pip
  • 720 posts
  • biography:Super sexy
  • talents:SUFU For Life!

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

Seen this shit at DUTIL last time, even talked to the owner of this brand. He exaggerated half the stuff he said, but i wont start. Not looking forward to buying his shit anytime soon. Damn i cant believe BIG marketed these

#108 kiya

kiya

postwhore

• [+] ----*-*---- [+]
  • 11,443 posts
  • style:rough trade
  • attitude:hyper
  • talents:Yoyos, liquor, denim, rockabilly, vintage things, fast wheels, idm.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

Seen this shit at DUTIL last time, even talked to the owner of this brand. He exaggerated half the stuff he said, but i wont start. Not looking forward to buying his shit anytime soon. Damn i cant believe BIG marketed these

Fill us in... i'm curious.
Self Edge SF / NY / LA > www.selfedge.com
Anti-Yo Worldwide > www.anti-yo.com

#109 thebestofall

thebestofall

semibored

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

ok i suffer enough pain. The designer was The owner of Nake and famous. I have enough. GIVING ME WRONG INFORMATION.

#110 Opie

Opie

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:12 AM

I now don't just "don't like you", i loathe you!
Fuck do you think this does?
Saves your ass? Moron!
'Everytime i close my eyes; i wake up feeling so hooorny'

#111 weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1

superbored

• Pip
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Blah, the one cut that I like isn't carried yet. I guess that I'm gonna have to wait a couple of months until BiG gets the Slim Guy in. The Skinny guy is too skinny for my taste.

#112 Opie

Opie

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Somebody has to bitch about the vanity sizing, so i'm up!
And what is it with BiG's smalles waist size being 31 (tagged 29)?
'Everytime i close my eyes; i wake up feeling so hooorny'

#113 unklesteve

unklesteve

superbored

• Pip
  • 428 posts
  • biography:i'm an entrepreneur.
  • talents:i am interested in the world, and everything in it.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

I think that depends a lot on whose jeans you're talking about.

#114 ryans724

ryans724

bored

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hey photo, our jeans will be available at hi-end specialty boutiques all across Canada. What city are you in?... I'll tell you the closest store carrying our line.

Anywhere in Winnipeg gonna carry these? Wouldn't mind checking them out..

#115 prokart

prokart

superbored

• Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

U&I in montreal has them as well..

#116 Double D

Double D

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

Somebody has to bitch about the vanity sizing, so i'm up!
And what is it with BiG's smalles waist size being 31 (tagged 29)?

Guess I'm not going to be bagging a pair of these unless they knock 4 inches off their smallest size.
Batman.

#117 Lc21

Lc21

superbored

• Pip
  • 720 posts
  • biography:Super sexy
  • talents:SUFU For Life!

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

The designer/owner of this brand gave me no info on sizing yet, he was just teasing me with the new cheap denim shit he's bringing in.

#118 persephone

persephone

semibored

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

BIG needs to post some measurements already...I'm curious.
What? :eek:

#119 kai-wun

kai-wun

semibored

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

I was at TNTblu today, and the salesguy handed me a pair of sz29 black power stretch skinny guy. They fit perfectly, but I'm not sure if they'll stretch much. I wear sz27 new standard that fit a tiny bit loose after stretching a lot (i did lose a lot of weight so that contributes).

They were $105 on sale. I like the sheen on them.. I'm seriously considering heading back to pick them up. Unfortunately TNTblu carries 29 as their smallest size in most men's jeans... I haven't a clue why - I thought most people that shop there are malnourished SuFu'er-types that max out at 27" true waist.......

#120 mrip

mrip

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,795 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • attitude:hater
  • denim:size 32

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

I was at TNTblu today, and the salesguy handed me a pair of sz29 black power stretch skinny guy.

the names for the jeans are pretty fucking ridiculous