Hedi Slimane x Daft Punk

New article in the Fader about Daft Punk mentions that these sick ass suits were made/designed by Hedi when he was with Dior Homme.

The helmets were designed by directors Alex & Martin and built by make up and animatronics effects creator Tony Gardner (whose credits range from Three Kings to Seed of Chucky).

(Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo)

daft3.jpg

daft5.jpg

(Thomas Bangalter)

daft4.jpg

(the helmets)

daft1.jpg

daft2.jpg

That shit is so throwed...your swagger has to be crazy if you can walk around in robot suits, and still be fly..

the one dude, thomas?, was at cinespace on tuesday nite with kanye as well...err, not that i was there ;)

haha, they are old and have kids and everything...they are a corporation! :)

but still party!

haha, they are old and have kids and everything...they are a corporation! :)

but still party!

I dont think they were "partying" they showed up late in the evening, prob just to represent the fact that they go to "cool" parties. (more kanye, dp dont need to represent shit). Kanye was wearing some hideous all-over print hoody. Just a mockery. Cinespace blows.

it's actually peter hurteau and michael reich, the main characters in last year's electroma. the daft punk duo wrote and directed the film. luckily, they didn't use their own music for the soundtrack.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0800022/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzN6eFPx-B4

Guest jmatsu

i have never seen daft punk live.

i was wondering if hedi designed one of the members some special platform shoes. when i saw them at a hg pary they were out of costume, one was short as fuck and they both wore bapesta.

it's actually peter hurteau and michael reich, the main characters in last year's electroma. the daft punk duo wrote and directed the film. luckily, they didn't use their own music for the soundtrack.

yeah, i was going to mention that it wasn't actually them in the suits at the time of the photos, but those are their respective helmets/suits that they wear at shows and whatnot. also, those dudes appear as daft (in costume) at most public events when there's no speaking required, so if you see them at a club/event but they aren't talking etc. etc., it's probably not them.

Guest Airjamie
i have never seen daft punk live.

i was wondering if hedi designed one of the members some special platform shoes. when i saw them at a hg pary they were out of costume, one was short as fuck and they both wore bapesta.

This sounds mad engrish for some reason.

• 1 month later...