Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey, Kiya. Is it possible to send jeans into Self-Edge LA to have hemmed? I'm in San Diego and can't make it up to LA too often.

All jeans have to be brought into one of our three stores for hemming or repairs.

hi kiya, do self edge got the Mister Freedom buckaroo jeans in W28 ?

Nope, they start at 29, but the 29 runs true and if you hot soak it you can get it down to about 28.75" in the waist:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1006

Is it just me or are there no more IH 666 OD on the SE site?

Nope, those are gone, all three of our stores are sold out.

Flat Head Winter Shirt Collection, T-Shirts, Wallets, & Bracelets

We've got some new Flat Head flannels to warm you up, available in both snap button and work-shirt versions. Along with the new Flat Head flannels we've received this year's version of the Native Check shirt, a shirt made of a fabric woven on a wooden hand powered loom and some loopwheeled t-shirts.

In addition to the new Flat Head shirts and t-shirts we've gotten a restock on some of the more popular shirts they did over the summer and also a full restock of their mid-length wallets, bracelets, key rings, leather wallet chains (in both solid and woven versions), and more.

All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store, below is a small sample of the new items we just received. The Heavy Winter Flannels pictured with snap buttons are available as work-shirt versions at SELA.

Shop Flat Head Online

FH_BLUE_01.JPG

FH_BLUE_04.JPG

FH_GREEN_001.JPG

FH_GREEN_004.JPG

FH_GREEN_006.JPG

FH_RED_001.JPG

FH_RED_004.JPG

FH_TAN_01.JPG

FH_TAN_04.JPG

fh_winter_flannel_red_01.jpg

The New 3sixteen+ 30BSP Jean & More

We have a very exciting new fit from 3sixteen+ this week, the new 30BSP Straight Tapered jean. Made of a hefty 15.5oz sanforized pure indigo dyed Japanese denim woven by Japan's Kuroki Mill and cut and sewn in America.

3sixteen+ is an ongoing collaboration between 3sixteen and Self Edge's Kiya Babzani, the models are designed with a need in mind. We get a near daily request for a fit that has room in the upper block but is fairly tapered below the knee. This jean is a combination of a straight leg jean and a tapered jean for the guy that wants (or needs) room in the upper block but also wants a small leg opening. The jean comes complete with hidden rivets, coin pocket selvedge, and the most mystical leather patch to have graced a product at our store.

The new 30BSP 3sixteen+ jean is available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. We've also got a large restock of all 3sixteen jeans for men and the 3sixteen+ line for women; if you need a reminder as to why this brand gives you the most bang for your buck than any other brand out there, step right this way.

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

Shop 3sixteen Online

316+30BSP_01.JPG

316+30BSP_03.JPG

316+30BSP_04.JPG

316+30BSP_05.JPG

316+30BSP_06.JPG

Infinity Guantlet? Shit just got real.

We weren't fucking around with this one.

Posted this over on SF, but site is updating and I'm hanging over here, so pardon the double post, and thanks in advance...

30BSPs look amazing--what sort of stretch in the thigh area could I expect if that looks slim in the right tagged size for waist?

Posted this over on SF, but site is updating and I'm hanging over here, so pardon the double post, and thanks in advance...

30BSPs look amazing--what sort of stretch in the thigh area could I expect if that looks slim in the right tagged size for waist?

With the way the jean is cut i highly doubt the thigh is going to be a problem if you fit into the waist-band.

The thigh will stretch about .3" if it's snug after two or three weeks of wear.

Wow, looks like an amazing jean. It looks like 3Sixteen/Self Edge's take on the Samurai S710, comparing the posted measurements to my 710s in the same size. Slim top thigh, roomy mid-leg/knee, perfect leg opening size.

What would be really nice is a new Flat Head BSP with a cut like this. Hint, hint...

Edited by Cold Summer

The New 3sixteen+ 30BSP Jean

Ok, I just had to order these. They measure pretty much the same as my favorite jean/cut (Edwin Nashville), but with more taper below the knees. I hope they will fit as nicely as the Nashvilles do, can't wait for the 30BSP to arrive. :)

I may be mistaken, but I thought that the 3sixteen+ denim was produced and made in Japan. I see that the 30BSP is now made in San Fran. Curious as to why the change was made - perhaps production cost which may be reflected by the lower price compared to the previous MIJ jeans.

For the 30BSP the denim is produced in Japan for 3sixteen+ by Kuroki Mills and the jean is cut and sewn in the USA.

There are also fully made in Japan jeans which are the 18oz unsanforized jeans with the wild denim.

hey kiya how does the weight of the flathead winter giants flannel compare to the heavy weight checked flannels from flathead and iron heart?

Its about the same weight as the FH ones but slightly lighter than the IH ones.

picked up the 30 bsp this weekend after trying it on and finding it to be the best fitting jeans i've ever put on...i like the unsanforized denim more but couldn't turn down the fit..was this denim made specifically for the 30? any more details on the denim?

Glad you like the fit, its only been out for a week and already its a big hit at all three of our stores.

The fabric is not specifically made for the 30BSP, the reason being we only made 100 pairs of this jean. Numbers would have to be far higher to have a mill make the fabric for you.

FYI, 95% of 3sixteen/3sixteen+ jean fabrics are designed and produced specifically for 3sixteen.

Edited by kiya

kiya, do I have to worry about shrinkage with this shirt?

http://www.selfedge....products_id=723

Shrinkage is about .5" in all dimensions, so very minimal when cold washed and line dried. The fabric on this is so crazy, wait till you see it in person.

I asked in the Imperial thread, but I suppose I'll ask here to.

Kiya, have you heard anything about the 3 new cuts from Imperial? I sent them an email and haven't heard anything back in around two weeks, and after purusing the Imperial Thread, I see they don't update anything very often.

Also, will there be a restock on the SExI14s or is what's there all that's left?

Thanks!

I asked in the Imperial thread, but I suppose I'll ask here to.

Kiya, have you heard anything about the 3 new cuts from Imperial? I sent them an email and haven't heard anything back in around two weeks, and after purusing the Imperial Thread, I see they don't update anything very often.

Also, will there be a restock on the SExI14s or is what's there all that's left?

Thanks!

Last SEXI14 restock is happening next week.

We'll be carrying one of their new cuts but not sure which one yet, we'll have them starting February.

Of course right after I ask, they send me a reply ;)

Just throwing this info up about the new jeans

Cattleman:

Very fitted jean with a slight taper. Medium rise. 13.5oz broken twill sanforized denim.

Prospector:

Roomy in the top of the jean but with a significant taper to the leg openings, medium rise, 13.5oz right hand twill sanforized denim

New King:

A Relaxed jean. A generally straight leg with a slight taper toward the leg opening. Medium rise, 14oz (60/40 - cotton/hemp) right hand twill sanforized denim)