Leather patches on jeans

xviralx

do you guys do extra care for them? ive seen some leather patches on jeans age really nicely. Do you guys put mink oil on it the way u guys do with your redmoon wallets? i was hoping i could receive some tips. My leather patch on my nudies seems to be drying up and getting scratched quite abit. It doesnt look like its on its way to the shiny dark brown with a rich tone which i wish to get. Any suggestions?

do you guys do extra care for them? ive seen some leather patches on jeans age really nicely. Do you guys put mink oil on it the way u guys do with your redmoon wallets? i was hoping i could receive some tips. My leather patch on my nudies seems to be drying up and getting scratched quite abit. It doesnt look like its on its way to the shiny dark brown with a rich tone which i wish to get. Any suggestions?

1st time reading this. will try to get some feedbacks from Levi, Nudie and Evisu.

May be they work on this

c-ya

Does anybody else just rip the leather patches off their jeans, or is it just me? I think the patch looks awkward with a belt, and since I wear a lot of Levi's, it's not that impressive anyway. The pockets'll tell them what brand it is.

i put obenaufs LP on my leather patches. just one application after the first soak. then another application after each subsequent wash.

the nudie patch is pleather.

Obenaufs LP is incredible.... I use it for my Redmoon Peacemaker, Studio D wallet, and my Frye Boots and whatever leather items I own... They have great customer service and when they shipped me my LP and it somehow got stolen from my apt complex. They shipped me a new one for free! (just paid for shipping) Thanks Denim for the tip....

I completely misunderstood what this post was going to be about, I thought it was going to be about patching holes in jeans with leather. I was thinking "wow, how would that look"

i put obenaufs LP on my leather patches. just one application after the first soak. then another application after each subsequent wash.

the nudie patch is pleather.

you mean patent leather right? so....does that mean putting leather care products(for example u use obenaufs LP) on it wont help? hmm...i swear ive seen nudie patches looking good....so im guessing patent leather ages too? ive seen some with different shades of brown...kinda like how leather wallets look like after it has been tanned

For all the "There just jeans" comments of lately, or the "just wear them!" comments, i find it almost funny that you all are putting leather conditioner on the back patches of your jeans.

So Pecards is pretty good huh? Might have to look into that.:)

I have Pecards around because of all the old leather jackets and thats the stuff for old leather. Pecards used to have a some stuff thay call leather cream and its not as heavy as the regular stuff. So it drys much faster hours not days and will protect that leather patch from drying out and cracking and breaking.

WTF????? Are those Apache helicopters pulling those jeans apart? That patch is insane!! Why buy a pair of levis that two horses can't pull apart when you can buy a pair of FOBs that will stand up to two Apache helicopters? Shit Iraqis need them jeans... pronto!

any thread that can be made better by vintage levis is immediately dominated by airfrog, and i appreciate that. Those leather tags are sick, i can't wait to see how my eternal tag and my LVC tag get nice and worn in, the eternal one is sick already.

• 4 months later...
WTF????? Are those Apache helicopters pulling those jeans apart? That patch is insane!! Why buy a pair of levis that two horses can't pull apart when you can buy a pair of FOBs that will stand up to two Apache helicopters? Shit Iraqis need them jeans... pronto!

LMFAO!!!! I just needed to quote this since I was thinkin' the same thing. That shit is hilarious...Horses, Pigs, Trucks...AH-64 APACHE GUNSHIPS... fuckin' amazing.

is that a pleather patch on the 66 cane?

it doesn't look worn in like leather looks, is why i asked.

It's supposed to be like that paper ones that levi switched to, but I read somewhere that the 'paper-like' patches on SC's were like processed goat skin or something...hold on...just remembered "Other small, yet-significant details introduced in 1966 include aluminum-backed rivets instead of copper-backed varieties, and the thin, pressed-sheepskin red-on-tan patch on the right rear hip area, replacing the thick horsehide patch in use since the 1800’s." That's from the history pres. site. But in Levi lit. i've read that it was definately a change to paper-weird.