Fuuma

superjunkie2K

• PipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:chilled
  • biography:40 y/o eurotrash

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'd have to agree w/ this. Certainly seeing things in real life gives you better perspective. Especially in an age of photoshopping, styling, profressional lighting, what you see on the internetz is not necessarily what you get...

I agree when it comes to judging a specific piece, say before buying. There are a lot more online order disasters than in-store disasters for obvious reasons (you can look at the material, construction, try it on, compare it with other articles etc.). On the other hand getting inspiration and a feel for what is going on is now more of an online game, with all the tumblrs, runway show archives, streetwear blogs, forums like sufu, etc. I mean I like people watching and all that and most of my buys are done in stores but if I wanna see some Yohji from 2003 or what the fashion kids are wearing I better use the internutz. Now there is a lot of misunformation out there (everyone is a fucking expert on sufu/styleforum/sz) but that is to be expected with such a large amount of info available.
"Whenever I hear the word culture, I bring out my checkbook."

#16742 Walt Thizzney

Walt Thizzney

post rank

• Pip
  • 325 posts
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:hater

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

do what you gotta do man. a sob working class story always helps me to appreciate what i've got. respekt...sorta i guess. glad you still find the time while being a family man, and working 60 plus hours to still post cool shit and look super dope on sufu. many thanks! i'm sure you're an inspiration and integral part of this community! keep it up. awesssoooooomeee!

dude has a loving wife and kids..... hes winning, fuck u doing?

#16743 SSchadenfreude

SSchadenfreude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • style:slob
  • attitude:none
  • biography:hostis humani generis
  • wish i was in:laputa
  • denim:size 30

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

dude has a loving wife and kids..... hes winning, fuck u doing?

Getting negative reputation points from buttmad members.

Edited by Woogie, 29 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#16744 SSchadenfreude

SSchadenfreude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I agree when it comes to judging a specific piece, say before buying. There are a lot more online order disasters than in-store disasters for obvious reasons (you can look at the material, construction, try it on, compare it with other articles etc.). On the other hand getting inspiration and a feel for what is going on is now more of an online game, with all the tumblrs, runway show archives, streetwear blogs, forums like sufu, etc. I mean I like people watching and all that and most of my buys are done in stores but if I wanna see some Yohji from 2003 or what the fashion kids are wearing I better use the internutz. Now there is a lot of misunformation out there (everyone is a fucking expert on sufu/styleforum/sz) but that is to be expected with such a large amount of info available.

accurate statement. obvious to a few, but i'm glad you pointed it out for the benefit of some of the other unfortunates here.

Edited by Woogie, 29 April 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#16745 mass

mass

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

dunno if referring to me but isn't he basically agreeing with what i said?
team yoo-hoo – riding in a super sport drunk as fuck
fs - wtaps, haider ackermann, raf simons, margiela

#16746 Dropt

Dropt

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,339 posts
  • style:oriental
  • attitude:desperate
  • talents:Line. Color. Sound.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

you should post a fit woogie.

#16747 SSchadenfreude

SSchadenfreude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

dunno if referring to me but isn't he basically agreeing with what i said?

maybe. what i got (or at least wanted to) was about buying stuff. i mean, you coulda seen jordan, but made the conscious choice not too cause you don't like him. i like that. i mean to me it's like my some of my pals that i don't really like/don't know why i hang out with, trying to get me to see a based rapper or wolfgangs concert and me refusing to go. what fuuma had mentioned about seeing what kids are wearing, trends and stuff. this is done outta necessity or convenience. i don't think this be bad, but would prefer to see this live, not that this is always possible. for instance the undercover sneakers posted in this thread. people be shitting on them, but they are dope imo. probably over have the negative comments about them never handled them live and just be giving neg rep for hate's sake.
"now there is a lot of misunformation out there (everyone is a fucking expert on sufu/styleforum/sz) but that is to be expected with such a large amount of info available..." wordx1000

Edited by Woogie, 29 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#16748 mass

mass

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

i didn't really think the discussion was about shopping, just the process that led to it.

#16749 SSchadenfreude

SSchadenfreude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

i didn't really think the discussion was about shopping, just the process that led to it.

then i don't know. yeah i guess it'd be good if we could see something cool on the internet, research it then hopefully go check it out irl.

#16750 andrewisdope

andrewisdope

semibored

• Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

^lawd jesus make it stop

I think this guy said he was 36. Nice rainbows bro. I'm sure you had everyone convinced that your graduation was still a ways off.

Posted Image

Edited by andrewisdope, 30 April 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#16751 sean_

sean_

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

i absolutely hate this new rep transparency
ISO: SUPREME/BILL THOMAS & '11 paisley shorts

#16752 robgotsastaplerr

robgotsastaplerr

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

do what you gotta do man. a sob working class story always helps me to appreciate what i've got. respekt...sorta i guess. glad you still find the time while being a family man, and working 60 plus hours to still post cool shit and look super dope on sufu. many thanks! i'm sure you're an inspiration and integral part of this community! keep it up. awesssoooooomeee!

this is hall of fame material. anyone care to do the honors?

#16753 mass

mass

postwhore

• 12,546 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

^lawd jesus make it stop

why? the trash moves at like 2 posts/hour.

#16754 sarang hae

sarang hae

semibored

• Pip
  • 669 posts
  • style:oriental
  • attitude:desperate
  • wish i was in:gangnam prefecture township

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

+djrajio's arcadia cross posts
haaa

why? the trash moves at like 2 posts/hour.

#16755 NatseOklim

NatseOklim

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts
  • style:buffalo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Those trainers are a rip off of these.

Posted Image
www.nascentideas.com

#16756 funkdoobi

funkdoobi

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

I didnt KNOW that you are $ingaporean too! Lol

the return of Singaporean biggie smalls!

#16757 funkdoobi

funkdoobi

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image

Belt started off natural still has a lot of aging to do

I'm so very happy that he gave us a follow-up about the aging that his belt still has to go through.

#16758 redX

redX

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

if that belt was aged properly that fit would be hot shit

"man mouth on pussy" edmond

#16759 DirtyDenim1

DirtyDenim1

post rank

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • denim:size 33

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'm so very happy that he gave us a follow-up about the aging that his belt still has to go through.

U guys are def a tough crowd to please. I think every outfit I have put up here has been hammered lol. Man and to think I'v been walking around like i am hot shit in NY. The only thing I wish would happen is instead of just posting the pick in the worst thread why not critique why its no good? I would appreciate that .

#16760 DirtyDenim1

DirtyDenim1

post rank

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

^lawd jesus make it stop

I think this guy said he was 36. Nice rainbows bro. I'm sure you had everyone convinced that your graduation was still a ways off.

I am sorry what does rainbows mean and the graduation comment I dont understand that either..Once again tell me were that fit went wrong. .

Edited by DirtyDenim1, 01 May 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#16761 Danai

Danai

post rank

• Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

U guys are def a tough crowd to please. I think every outfit I have put up here has been hammered lol. Man and to think I'v been walking around like i am hot shit in NY. The only thing I wish would happen is instead of just posting the pick in the worst thread why not critique why its no good? I would appreciate that .

you look like a skinnier denim guy version of batista
Posted Image

Edited by Danai, 01 May 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#16762 andrewisdope

andrewisdope

semibored

• Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

I am sorry what does rainbows mean and the graduation comment I dont understand that either..Once again tell me were that fit went wrong.

sorry, I assumed your flippy floppies were rainbows but I guess not. I was trying to say that your choice of clothes made you look like you had never been to a graduation. It's inappropriate in any situation really unless you happened to be taking a stroll along the beach and just wandered into the picture.

I looked at your previous posts (like the one below) and it sorta looks like you're going through that awkward experimentation phase that preteens go through when their parents stop picking out their clothes and they start trying to "dress better" and end up wearing vests and shit for no reason. What's weird is you're relatively old and those painful scarring days of looking like you came out of a target back-to-school catalog should have been way behind you. It seems like you have a good heart tho.

In short... that's that shit I don't like.

Posted Image

Edited by andrewisdope, 01 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#16763 DirtyDenim1

DirtyDenim1

post rank

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Great job and def on point...I have actually said that myself about going through this experimental phase which I know is a bit weird considering as u said I am relatively old LOL. If u could only see what i have recently been doing to simply get dressed on a daily basis U might say I am nuts. Not sure why I all of a sudden have this urge to change my style to something not fitted for me. I think the explosion of gray hair and the fact I have my 1st kid on the way has me wanting to rebel or something. Without a doubt I am reaching and trying to hard with my fits lately. I remember when I didn't need to try so much so now when I try not to try I apparently still am trying if that makes sense. I get the reason why I am steadily becoming the worst sufu dresser at 35 I should be shopping at JCREW not the local clubwear store..Cheers for the critique

Edited by DirtyDenim1, 02 May 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#16764 seven.homme

seven.homme

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  • wish i was in:Tokyo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

so much positive energy

The Daily Doze: La Status Quo | Visual journal of a neighbourhood Hills & Hood

#16765 lotek01

lotek01

superbored

• Pip
  • 871 posts
  • style:none

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

you seem like a nice guy

but you do dress like shit

good luck man

#16766 jayrock

jayrock

superjunkie2K

• PipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

All brand new errything itt

#16767 fre-co

fre-co

superjunkie2K

• PipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Great job and def on point...I have actually said that myself about going through this experimental phase which I know is a bit weird considering as u said I am relatively old LOL. If u could only see what i have recently been doing to simply get dressed on a daily basis U might say I am nuts. Not sure why I all of a sudden have this urge to change my style to something not fitted for me. I think the explosion of gray hair and the fact I have my 1st kid on the way has me wanting to rebel or something. Without a doubt I am reaching and trying to hard with my fits lately. I remember when I didn't need to try so much so now when I try not to try I apparently still am trying if that makes sense. I get the reason why I am steadily becoming the worst sufu dresser at 35 I should shopping at JCREW not the local clubwear store..Cheers for the critique

Welcome to a midlife crisis.

#16768 Egpt

Egpt

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I deem dirtydenim1 cool from now on. u just need to stop looking at superdenim subforum and diesel stores, that's the best way i came up to describe your style.

#16769 broneck

broneck

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,692 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • attitude:cantankerous

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

untuck your shirt, take that shit of your belt, take the shit out of your hair and stop doing duckface. log off the internet and continue to be a normal person with style that is neither atrocious nor noticeable.

welcome back to normalcy.

have fun.

#16770 doctor_doom

doctor_doom

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Great job and def on point...I have actually said that myself about going through this experimental phase which I know is a bit weird considering as u said I am relatively old LOL. If u could only see what i have recently been doing to simply get dressed on a daily basis U might say I am nuts. Not sure why I all of a sudden have this urge to change my style to something not fitted for me. I think the explosion of gray hair and the fact I have my 1st kid on the way has me wanting to rebel or something. Without a doubt I am reaching and trying to hard with my fits lately. I remember when I didn't need to try so much so now when I try not to try I apparently still am trying if that makes sense. I get the reason why I am steadily becoming the worst sufu dresser at 35 I should shopping at JCREW not the local clubwear store..Cheers for the critique

Posted Image