• Pip
  • 356 posts
  • style:techno
  • attitude:orthodox
  • wish i was in:Tokyo or NYC
  • talents:musician
  • denim:size 32

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

like what you like, if you don't then move on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

/thread

#512 mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts
  • style:precious

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

like what you like, if you don't then move on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

/thread

And this message board is here for members to voice their own opinions

/thread
Please direct all Toj-related inquires to templeofjawnz@gmail.com.

#513 AYIYI

AYIYI

bored

• Pip
  • 356 posts
  • style:techno
  • wish i was in:Tokyo or NYC
  • talents:musician

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

no shit sherlock. :sleep:

#514 mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts
  • style:precious

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

no shit sherlock. :sleep:

The fuck you post that for then? To try and be some kind of mediator?

In front of uniqlo, bitch.
Please direct all Toj-related inquires to templeofjawnz@gmail.com.

#515 tangerine

tangerine

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Neither, I was merely acknowledging previously made statements. I personally have no problem with Justin's fit, it's a cardigan, chinos and nikes, who here has not worn that exact fit? And the coat's actual cost was more to support my point of people getting upset over other's flexing. While the coat doesn't really do it for me, it does fit that guys personal style. I say this having met him a few times and having seen various outfits myself.

I have to admit, I don't even know which picture you are referring to, or which one is justin chung.

i don't own a cardigan, chinos or nikes, but never mind, probably a lot of people here have worn them together. I think a lot of the issue with #menswear is with the styling as much as the pieces and labels. The definition seems pretty hazy, which is the point i think you are most successfully making.

i don't think people who don't like it are necessarily jealous. that's an easy argument to make, but i think lots of the people who hate whatever #menswear is perceived to be have enough money to wear a lot of jawns, they just reject these ones and their styling.

to me at this point high rolled cuffs are starting to scream fashion victim.

Edited by tangerine, 14 March 2012 - 12:16 AM.

ask a cassowary

#516 gramps

gramps

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Let's get back to the base of this thread...
Posted Image
2 dudes on exterior, very nice. Center fellow trying to look hard like Bane. Must've been awful hot in that coat considering the weather. Scarf looks like dudu toilet paper that is sticking out the back of his pants. I should take up smoking so i get reblogged.

Look at this czar of twinks. Where's a Bolshevik uprising when you need it.
Thanatotic phallus cosmology.

#517 hahapete

hahapete

bored

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

This thread started out with good intentions on all of your accounts, but it's turned into mindless fucking nitpicking on people you're most likely jealous off. That coat most likely cost 2-3 stacks. The guy on the right is indeed Justin Chung, and he's a great dude. I feel like majority of this thread's current attacks come off as insecurity and jealousy of other men peacocking and flexing their wealth or "status". At the end of the day, if these guys are REALLY bothering you that much, you should be laughing at them and moving on, instead of making petty anonymous jabs through the internet. Or even better, show them how it's fucking done and do it better, weather it be through sufu, Tumblr, or god for fucking bid outdoors.

I'm not jealous of any of these guys. I don't care if the coat costs "2-3 stacks" or was twenty dollars. I don't care if the dude is a great dude.

If it looks bad, it looks bad.

I'm sure everyone who has had a picture in this thread is a wonderful person in different situations. But, the fact is, whether they're wearing something expensive that's ugly, something cheap that looks great, something ill-fitting, etc etc, they put themselves out there (intentionally or not) and people are going to talk about it.

It's easy to forget to stay objective about all this. People, mostly, take it too seriously and too personal when people critique what they're wearing. I doubt anyone that's been overly negative about any of these #menswear guys actually means it in a more than "it's easy to make fun of these guys" way.

#518 SilkyJohnson

SilkyJohnson

post rank

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • style:oriental
  • attitude:hater

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

This thread started out with good intentions on all of your accounts, but it's turned into mindless fucking nitpicking on people you're most likely jealous off. That coat most likely cost 2-3 stacks. The guy on the right is indeed Justin Chung, and he's a great dude. I feel like majority of this thread's current attacks come off as insecurity and jealousy of other men peacocking and flexing their wealth or "status". At the end of the day, if these guys are REALLY bothering you that much, you should be laughing at them and moving on, instead of making petty anonymous jabs through the internet. Or even better, show them how it's fucking done and do it better, weather it be through sufu, Tumblr, or god for fucking bid outdoors.

What a surprise, a menswear doola coming to the defense of the poorly dressed.
Posted Image
I've heard of small dudes buying clothes at the childrens section of j crew or brooks, but I didn't know there was a doll clothing store. Jesus, you look so soft the pillsbury doughboy musta beat you up in high school. Quilted jacket + noragi + dress shirt huh? How many layers do you need? Jesus. You brought this on yourself, lil grasshopper.

#519 sawn-off chef

sawn-off chef

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none
  • biography:Filthy stinking happy.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Ahahahah what a queef of an attempt.

#imstillup

@Scottmirts - Twitter + instagram

#520 homi29

homi29

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

At the end of the day it's just clothes. The last few fits posted up aren't even bad and sawnoffchefs is def junya worn right.
It doesn't matter if its gothninj, techninj, #menswear, denim bro, or fob wear it comes down to how you wear it. Some people are always going to look foolish when they chase trends or buy clothes that don't reflect or suit who they are. #menswear just happens to be the flavor of the moment.

motherfuckers just need to be themselves. At the end of the day if you post waywts or are street photographed there's always gonna be haters (justified or not) and dus need to not get so butthurt

Edited by homi29, 14 March 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#521 sawn-off chef

sawn-off chef

postwhore

• 5,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm not jealous of any of these guys. I don't care if the coat costs "2-3 stacks" or was twenty dollars. I don't care if the dude is a great dude.

If it looks bad, it looks bad.

I'm sure everyone who has had a picture in this thread is a wonderful person in different situations. But, the fact is, whether they're wearing something expensive that's ugly, something cheap that looks great, something ill-fitting, etc etc, they put themselves out there (intentionally or not) and people are going to talk about it.

It's easy to forget to stay objective about all this. People, mostly, take it too seriously and too personal when people critique what they're wearing. I doubt anyone that's been overly negative about any of these #menswear guys actually means it in a more than "it's easy to make fun of these guys" way.

The point of someone being a good dude was solely me echoing ayiyi's earlier statement in agreement and have nothing to do with the actual discussion. Fact of the matter is, a good amount of the people posted in here don't fit under the classifications you're dishing out. This would be the same thing as making fun of SZ posters because you don't like it, or hype beast kids insulting a sufu user. It's just a different aesthetic, not everyone is going to like it. I personally am objective I believe, and will critique even my own fits when it's just, but some of these are not accurate. The picture at the top, granted, it isn't his best fit, I will not disagree. I would agree if it was critiquing anymore but it just seems to have diluted to childish jabs.

#imstillup

#522 homi29

homi29

postwhore

• 6,564 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Double monks are definetly the new SBs though.

Posted Image

#523 bill

bill

superfuture17

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

as far as I dislike the whole (american) menswear thing, sawn-off chef is doing it right.
that other kid's shearling jacket looks damn good (plus it must be warm and fucking comfortable.)
also, wasn't that during fashion week? there's a bunch of girls in tiny dresses and heels during those times of the year. let them boys floss.

edit: I hate the whole american menswear thing, but the japanese brands (Junya, Visvim and co) are rather good at it.

#524 littlemike

littlemike

semibored

• Pip
  • 757 posts
  • biography:Young, dumb, lookin' in the mirror trying to figure out who I'm gonna be this year.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I think it's worth noting too that some of the pics on here that are getting hated on are pics of dudes walking down the street, not posing for a fit. not that it really matters, but not everyone is trying to look their best all the time. if it's saturday morning and i'm glad to be alive after the night before i'll walk to the corner store in a t, baggy sweats and some ll bean slippers.

wtb: pbj xx-013 sz 28/29

#525 Fuuma

Fuuma

superjunkie2K

• PipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:chilled
  • biography:40 y/o eurotrash

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Look #menswear is saturating the fashion landscape AND the web, it is natural that those who dislike its ethos (fuck timeless style!) and aesthetic angle (fuck spazzatura err sprezzatura!) are reacting. I dunno who Justin Chung is and I don't hate him personally. My wardrobe is big enough as it is that I'm not really jealous of what anyone else owns although Lapo Elkann or Kanye would probably think it is too small for their taste. Maybe you shold fuck off this thread and go on a #menswear blog? I don't hate you or anything but this shuld be a pure ranting thread not some debate on menswear.

Edited by Fuuma, 14 March 2012 - 02:39 AM.

"Whenever I hear the word culture, I bring out my checkbook."

#526 034936

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

The guy on the right is indeed Justin Chung, and he's a great dude.

are we looking at the same pic?

#527 conqueror

conqueror

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

why does every du smoke in these photos? needs a slightly healthier option like a chupa chup.

#528 Egpt

Egpt

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

James Dean did it man....

#529 Desi

Desi

superveryjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • biography:peasant
  • talents:Smiling

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Double monks are definetly the new SBs though.

I only see two double monks in that picture bro.

#530 sawn-off chef

sawn-off chef

postwhore

• 5,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

I want a pair of double monks....on white vibram sole. (0)

#imstillup

#531 seabass

seabass

post rank

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

howtoavoidgirlsatparties

howtotalktodudesatpartiesaboutdoublebreastedsuits

#532 mrip

mrip

postwhore

• 6,805 posts
  • style:cosplay

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

your hate game is weak silky johnson.
it needs more venom

#533 Ammutseba

Ammutseba

bored

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

your hate game is weak silky johnson.
it needs more venom

That's what I'm sayin. How dare he take the name and hate so weak?

#534 fruitbute

fruitbute

post rank

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • style:classic
  • attitude:chilled
  • denim:size 33

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

have you guys ever heard of the tie guy? now THAT is how you do #menswear.
Leave Happy.

#535 tangerine

tangerine

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

have you guys ever heard of the tie guy? now THAT is how you do #menswear.

eric glennie, is that you?
ask a cassowary

#536 SilkyJohnson

SilkyJohnson

post rank

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • style:oriental

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

That's what I'm sayin. How dare he take the name and hate so weak?

Why is there a question mark at the end of your sentence? This is a question: Are you retarded or did the school system in your community just fail you?

#537 doublefudge

doublefudge

bored

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • style:queer
  • attitude:obnoxious
  • denim:size 30

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

#538 dranoelsy

dranoelsy

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,162 posts
  • style:futuristic
  • biography:"gothic is the new hip hop...
  • wish i was in:all with the leather on there buttcheeks.
  • talents:buttcheeks party grandma" - Lil B

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

someone photoshop one of those pix of sprotsfreak

instead of streetwear, have him dressed up in #menswear and replace the dunks with dub monks XD

Edited by dranoelsy, 15 March 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#539 TheCaptain

TheCaptain

post rank

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • style:tropical
  • denim:size 31

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Fuck pin rolls....... thankyou.

#540 willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

someone photoshop one of those pix of sprotsfreak

instead of streetwear, have him dressed up in #menswear and replace the dunks with dub monks XD

No need for Photoshop