Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

hello everyone & a happy new year to all.

I'm Matt from London. I slate roofs for a living & at 40!, i think I may have the dubious honour of being the oldest in the contest (not sure)

Been stuck indoors today on a grey & rainy day.Took these quick shots before popping to the local store.

img0544to.jpg

img0543rp.jpg

img0542vf.jpg

WAYWT

6612464731_e69d292b9c_z.jpg

fit is lookin good fre$co. did you happen to pick up that parka at oi polloi? that pendleton lining looks real nice - almost picked up the same one.

Edited by mapz

great contest, guys ;)

i'm thinking about picking up these chinos

but getting a lil bit confused about the sizing :blink:

it's a unwashed denim, isn it!, so does it get a lot of shrinkage when initial soak?

what's better getting 31 then doing the initial soak or getting 30 then it'll be streched after a month of worn??

thanks in advance, guys :)

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. Very well, where do I begin?

My name is Derek, I have two websites you guys might have checked out... "Poohbang" and "Earlytorisela." Both fun hobbies.

I edit stuff for a living.

I have Patch beat by one year.

I'm happy to be in this contest. My first that I've been able to join one.

To start off 2012 I stopped by the zoo with the wife and kid...(not pictured)

I'm really digging these pants so far. I'm getting use to the back pockets being really huge and deep.... my wallet feels like it's down my my knee...

I'll be wearing these almost everyday, as I could get away with the same pair of jeans everyday, but chinos stand out more and they can't think I'm a weirdo and wear the same pants everyday..

stocking0031-1.jpg

stocking0038-1.jpg

I love this man hole cover at the zoo...

stocking0039.jpg?t=1325471487

No fits today as my gf was at work, though against my survival instincts I did go out for a walk.

Was a sunny 40 degrees Celsius today, and it is still 30 degrees as I type this post...at 1 am in the morning.

p1020176y.jpg

Anyway, living in Melbourne the little laneways off the main streets become a very important part of your life.

These little streets in the CBD have some really cool, quirky little shops and an abundance of great cafes and eateries.

I'm quite lucky to have some very nice lanes near me, and I'll try and show you all of them over the next few weeks...

This one is McKillop Street:

p1020182c.jpg

p1020184b.jpg

Up There is having a sale btw:

p1020183j.jpg

A big tip for potential visitors - you must, must, must visit this juice store on Elizabeth Street (right in the centre of the city, you can't miss it):

p1020181t.jpg

p1020178k.jpg

The best juices and smoothies I've had in my life!

i love this thread guys. props to robbie and adh92 for organising it. i love how everyone is happy and friendly and i am more than happy to read about everyone's profile and their lives. this has fantastic potential to be my next favourite thread after the ROY x CONE contest thread ends. thank you for sharing your updates everyone. please carry on!

because i was off of work today, my brother and i decided to go to greenbush brewery in sawyer michigan. might as well show you all my new favorite place!

the day started off with breakfast:

Ftbptl.jpg

in retrospect, we probably should have checked the weather forcast before we left. there was a winter storm advisory in effect for the area. the things we do for beer... and a contest.

ONURRl.jpg

when we got there, the power was off. to be expected in a small town, i suppose. the beer was still flowing, however and after a pint it was back and we were knocking back a few more. the mugs are for mug club members - a 40 dollar inital investment gets you half price beers on mondays, invites to special events and the satisfaction of supporting your local brewers. the beer in my mug is an imperial ipa brewed with a local guy who had won a michigan brewers contest. it is excellent.

fZBmol.jpg

CXBQjl.jpg

after a few beers it was time for a grilled cheese. all michigan sourced ingredients.

h2swbl.jpg

a look around the brewery shows you a really nicely priced tap list and a wonderful handcrafted copper kettle made by fred zaft. this kettle dates to before the turn of the century and it used to live in san fransisco.

6tUzEl.jpg

Dtcugl.jpg

we didn't leave empty handed.

gElORl.jpg

it was a really nice day in michigan.

iJoghl.jpg

@hh, i'm envious of all this hiking. a good LA perk.

i'm not getting any indigo on my legs, but it's sure rubbing off on my boots.

384500_10150451761396835_508016834_9099948_1254414508_n.jpg

I promise not to bore you with multiple 'what i wore to work' pics, but I just wanted to share one with you as I mentioned yesterday that I'll be wearing the contest pants under baggy khakis each day to meet 'dress code' etc.

and here's what I am wearing now:

398430_10150451761621835_508016834_9099949_62072832_n.jpg

the wife and I sat down to watch a favorite of ours:

380377_10150451778291835_508016834_9100002_2083805239_n.jpg

last day of holiday break yesterday. did some thrifting before my friend/bandmate came from his town to ride to kansas city - about an hour from my town - to a gig we had. he's into geocaching so we found one along the drive. it was around 30 degrees colder than the day before so we were freezing on the gravel road we stopped on.

6625847023_2dd338b072_z.jpg

6625848747_21bc788b72_z.jpg

geocach was in a giant medicine bottle

6625849789_c50872e539_z.jpg

before the find/sun going down

6625850967_beae9ecaa1_z.jpg

wmd's

6625852443_a174738d27_z.jpg

keep up the great posts. everyone!

I posted my pants on Poohbang... just more beauty shots of the pants if you can't get enough... Thought they needed a little more love.

DSC09132.JPG

Edited by Happy Hooligan

@kansas: i've been wanting to do a little geocaching around here - always liked the idea and a bit of exploration is always cool.

@surly nice wallet... and vape? ;) not that i know what that is or anything.