A.P.C.

jeepster

I know where cxbxw is coming from and I too have had the same confusion and still do

When you read the thread people will generally say to size down 2

In my post I will use a person who is size 28 as an example

So in other words if you are a 28 waist when you read the what people say here the common logic is to get a size APC 26 (which will have a waist of size 28)

Now the problem comes from whether people included stretch factor AND the vanity sizing, where someone like hopper above me makes a post which just added more confusion for a new buyer. Where they say that sizing down comes AFTER you have included the vanity sizing.

Now back to my example of a person who has a 28 waist hoopers post is basically saying to get an APC size 24 (which is sized down 2 from the tag sized true waist)

Now from my personal experience which will probably add more confusion (I always thought I wore a size 28 but in most brands that have a size 26 [and of that matter a size 25 in a77 joey] they have often fit better which makes me believe my true waist[hip] size is 27 rather than the 29inches that it measure with the tape)

I have

Size 26 in NC

Size 25 in NS

Size 25 in PS (but I am not sure if the person I bought it from altered them in anyway becuase the way the leg fits is really weird like below the knee feels stupidly tapered and doesnt drape at all)

My NC I could have sized down more,

My NS I think I could size down more to a 24

(I never had trouble buttoning both these jeans up when I first got them)

My PS like I said just feels off, below the knee feels really tight that it looks like a tug of war contest in the thigh area which is just pulled really tight and straight rather than just draping between the waist and knee. And just to add I dont have trouble buttoning them up nor do the thighs feel tight since I dont fill them out.

The confusion is coming from the fact that you wear pants at your hips, and not your waist. Measure where you wear your jeans on your hips.

Good point. I forgot the gals. On girls, their hips are much wider than their waist, it's a good practice to measure there. On men however, waist measurements are fine.

Boy this thread is sad.

I'm new to the forums here but I've been wearing APC's for a long time and I think a lot of you are overdoing it with the sizing advice. How about real APC owners just post their waist size and jean size, so that people have references rather than blind directions to follow?

Waist: 29.5 Inch

APC NC: 27

APC NS: 28

Both obviously fit differently, but extremely well for what I wanted.

This is just hilarious.

Even on a page of this thread which directly brings attention to the issue of sizing, there are still multiple people saying different things.

The fact that anybody can actively flame somebody else for getting confused Re. sizing is laughable. Trolls with high post counts are trolls whom should know better. ;)

The guy who sized down 5 is pretty comical.

Im normally a 28 waste and I did the logical thing and I got a 26.

If I had sized down anymore they wouldnt have fit at all, and if I somehow DID manage to get them up on, the first time I took them off my dick would have jumped off because it feared for its safety.

EDIT: Actually, I did accidentally order a size 24 instead of a 26(just hit order and forgot to select my size) and I couldnt get them over my thighs. I dont understand how sizing down 4 or even 5 from TRUE WAIST SIZE is even possible.

This is just hilarious.

Even on a page of this thread which directly brings attention to the issue of sizing, there are still multiple people saying different things.

The fact that anybody can actively flame somebody else for getting confused Re. sizing is laughable. Trolls with high post counts are trolls whom should know better. ;)

Keep in mind, that people wear their jeans differently and all body types are different. Somebody who sizes down from a loose fit will have to size down way more to achieve a tight fitting APC, than somebody who compares his APC with a fairly tight other model. And then there are skinny guys with thin thighs and solid guys with footballer's thighs.

But I think that noone here really would have adviced, to size down that much. Anyway, it's your decision that you want to defend.

What I'm trying to say: read the experiences from others with care, stay reasonable and think for yourself. And like I wrote on mynudies: I'd suggest that you wait till your pair arrives, then you can still show all others who was wrong, 'kay? Thanks.

shit you're an English teacher? apologies...I was unaware that it made a difference with regards to your lack of research skills. Anyways apologies to everyone else for derailing the thread, oh...wait, no I didn't (see: nothing has changed this thread will always suck)

The library is to blame for shoddy research resources. If you fail to see how shoddy this thread is Re. gleaning worthwhile information, you're beyond help. Sorry Greggy. ;-)

But I think that noone here really would have adviced, to size down that much. Anyway, it's your decision that you want to defend.

What I'm trying to say: read the experiences from others with care, stay reasonable and think for yourself. And like I wrote on mynudies: I'd suggest that you wait till your pair arrives, then you can still show all others who was wrong, 'kay? Thanks.

Click back two pages Max Power. I posted a few examples of people suggesting exactly that. That's four select examples; literally a hundred posts to choose from. If you like, you can post some too. It's not fun, though. And as for the 'take care in your choice' stuff? Yes. Yes I have. You shall see this for yourself. ;-)

The guy who sized down 5 is pretty comical.

I dont understand how sizing down 4 or even 5 from TRUE WAIST SIZE is even possible.

Because you're not really sizing down five, you're sizing down 3. APC jeans just run two sizes below actual size, so TECHNICALLY a tight fit ends up five numbers below your true waist.

Tl;dr; APC thread is lousy.

If you have the oppurtunity to try on a pair of jeans no matter what size it is just do that instead of worrying about sizing down all different sizes. Every jean fits different everyone's body is different.

Look at size charts and measure your body or a pair of jeans with a cut you like. That's the best way to get a good fit. If you have bigger thighs sizing down 1-2 is better anymore then that your crotch is going to blow right out.

A lot of these sizing standards are meant for skinny guys with skinny legs and such people with a build to them have to go about buying jeans much different. For my the thigh measurement is the most important.

The main problem with that is not many people know what their true waist size is or how to measure it. I think that's part of the confusion.

can we please have some evo pics or something?this is depressing as fuck.

my NS are allllmost at 5 months. nothing too exciting-- super minor fading, back pocket starting to blow out from a lighter. not worthy of an update.

they do fit beautifully though, and i sized down 3. christ.

I posted a 19cm and NC fit comparison a few pages back in the same size

Hopefully it will help somewhat

@zoylxide

no

i have both NC and 19cm, just the top block of my NC is bigger than my 19cm and doesnt look as good. was really wondering whats diff in the PS, its not any closer to 19cm than NC?

@rvoe awesome fades, thanks for saving the thread

^it's said a lot in this thread but 19cm is based on the old cure's cut. And if you check out computurd's comparison it's really obvious.

You can check context for measurements but the NC's seem to have more of a taper when I tried it on while the top part (below waist) was pretty lose. The rise is really high on the PS too.

I think somebody posted a full comparison on all of APCs cuts a while back.

Would this be correct ? Based off contextclothing website

9Mwhm.jpg

The Size 30's are measured 32 inches in waist. If you have a 34 inches waist, do you think you can fit in them?

Sizing down 1-3 from your true waist has taken vanity sizing into consideration.

The Size 30's are measured 32 inches in waist. If you have a 34 inches waist, do you think you can fit in them?

Sizing down 1-3 from your true waist has taken vanity sizing into consideration.

No. What you said first was correct. The whole reason people size down is to account for stretching.

1. Measure where you wear your jeans on your hips. You can call this your true measurement.

2. Find the pair that measures the same as your true (Size 32 has an actual measurement of 34", etc...). If you bought this size, you would be able to button up every button the first time.

3. Size down again according to the cut to account for stretching and for how slim you want your pair to fit.

For example, here is how I did it. Where I wear my jeans measures 34" around. I sized down 2 sizes because APCs are vanity sized two inches. Then I sized down 2 more to account for stretching. After one month of wearing they stretched out for the perfect fit. My true measurement was 34" so I bought a size 30 and got the perfect fit.

Yes chiggah you are correct. That's exactly what I did.