buy your superad

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim in the United States (Documentary!)

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#91 JacoBlue

JacoBlue

semibored

• Pip
  • 231 posts
  • style:classic
  • attitude:chilled
  • talents:Jeans, Brazilian juijutsu
  • denim:size 31

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sweet Project! If you ever go to Sweden you should Visit the store www.Unionville.se and ill come and say hi :D GOOD LUCK!

#92 Canuk

Canuk

bored

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • talents:living, learning, motorcycles, denim

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

Shirt received - was waiting for me when I returned from holiday. Pretty freakn sweet!

#93 justindisgustin

justindisgustin

bored

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

I had a thought: if you could manage to get your hands on some "fake" selvage jeans or some that are poorly made or questionable (I think GAP made some jeans they called selvage once) so as to highlight the differences. It also may be worth comparing the general quality of materials and construction to something like True Religion or AG, or some Rock Revival or Rock & Republic. I think it'd be interesting.

#94 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none
  • denim:size 32

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

so the new york meet up is definately january 27?
"...think of a world tour as similar as to the sisterhood of the traveling pants." -LandoCal126

#95 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

The SuFu shoots are the dates in bold, so the NY meet up is Saturday January 28th. Have you PM'ed me before? I've sent a couple emails to everyone that has PM'ed me, and everyone will get more detailed reminders starting next week.

#96 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

no i've never contacted you before, but i wouldnt mind coming out to support you guys and have a good time
"...think of a world tour as similar as to the sisterhood of the traveling pants." -LandoCal126

#97 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Awesome man, we'd love to see you out there. I'll add you to the PM list, you'll get an email at the end of this weekend with more details on the shoot.

See you out there!

#98 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

The guys over at Rawrdenim.com posted a nice interview with us about the film, check it out!

http://www.rawrdenim...r-mehdi-ahmadi/

#99 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

thanks.... yea i read that interview... awesome man

#100 beatle

beatle

supermodisan

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,483 posts
  • denim:size 29

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

I will see you guys next weekend..

#101 Cold Summer

Cold Summer

bored

• Pip
  • 888 posts
  • talents:Japanese, Electric Guitar, Writing

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

I was in Bethesda last week for my students' exchange program. If my PBJs had some more impressive wear (only two months so far), I might've pushed for a quick interview. Have you thought about interviewing SidneyLo (NYC I guess)? It would be awesome to see his legendary Flat Heads or (more) recent Iron Hearts on film. Looking forward to the film!

I must say though, I didn't see anything resembling much raw denim around the Bethesda/DC area!

Edited by Cold Summer, 14 January 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Now wearing: Flat Head 1001 (until Fall 2014).  For Sale: Flat Head shirts, tees, sweaters (40-42)

#102 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

@cold summer- i remember you from the mynudies forums.... you have to see in person sidneylo's 3001s being displayed in selfedgeNY

#103 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

I will see you guys next weekend..

Super super stoked, should be a fun time! Look for an email with further details over the next day or two...

I'll try and contact sidneylo, didn't realize he was NY native. I remember seeing those jeans in a frame at SENY a couple years ago and just being inspired... I remember taking a picture of them, still got it around here somewhere ha

#104 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

I must say though, I didn't see anything resembling much raw denim around the Bethesda/DC area!

Yeah, not a whole lot of love for that around here, just finished the first "shoot" for the film with one of two people I know who are into raw from here. "Shoot" is in quotations because it was the final test run for us before start the official shooting next weekend, but some of his stuff may make it into the final....

Can't wait for NY

#105 beatle

beatle

supermodisan

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,483 posts
  • denim:size 29

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

did shoot sid an email , would be great to meet up with him...

#106 laxlife1234

laxlife1234

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,754 posts
  • attitude:spaced out
  • wish i was in:NYC
  • denim:size 30

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Dfresh.. where's the NY shoot going to be? And it's the week after this up and coming saturday?

#107 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Lax, yes the shoot is the weekend after next, January 28. It'll be in the soho area, not too far from SENY. I'll have more details in the coming emails about it, so look out for those, just ironing some small details out...

#108 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

can't wait for it....

#109 Osmosis Jones

Osmosis Jones

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm in San Francisco.

#110 BrownMetallic

BrownMetallic

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,083 posts
  • biography:***
  • wish i was in:dont matter cuz the "journey" is [actually] the destination.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

i'll be outside U.S. for a week & a half, but will be back NYC-side by the 28th. yeah, please post up deets of sched/itinerary so local enthusiasts can drop by to take part__ or even just to take a peek.

Edited by BrownMetallic, 16 January 2012 - 12:28 AM.

http://3rdiconfess.tumblr.com :: HC-SF-109 Samurai JIN 170z :: HWB-53 Wlliam Lennon "T.O.W"

#111 jimmyc

jimmyc

superfuture13

• supermod
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • attitude:hater

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Beatle and myself are meeting up at Self-Edge in NYC this Saturday at 6:00pm before our meeting with the WARP & WEFT producers.
If you want any DoubleXX gear order today and I'll hand deliver it to you in NYC if you are gonna be around :)

DOUBLEXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#112 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

sigh.... too bad i'm working

#113 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

i'll be outside U.S. for a week & a half, but will be back NYC-side by the 28th. yeah, please post up deets of sched/itinerary so local enthusiasts can drop by to take part__ or even just to take a peek.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing you out there! I'll put up details on monday once we're back from NY with beats and JimmyC, it'd be cool to see a bunch of people stop by to check the filming out and just to see other denim-heads. Thanks everyone for being patient with schedules and details! Just need to get through this first weekend...

#114 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Just wrapped Beatle and JimmyC shoot, holy crap what a good day! Location was awesome, so thanks to Dan from Feltraiger, interviews couldn't have gone better, Beats and Jimmy are top notch, can't wait to drop some footage on you all!

#115 Anders Helseth

Anders Helseth

semibored

• Pip
  • 269 posts
  • style:classic
  • attitude:chilled
  • biography:Norwegian denim-enthusiast
  • wish i was in:Japan
  • talents:Photography, writing, reading, music, and more.
  • denim:size 34

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Just wrapped Beatle and JimmyC shoot, holy crap what a good day! Location was awesome, so thanks to Dan from Feltraiger, interviews couldn't have gone better, Beats and Jimmy are top notch, can't wait to drop some footage on you all!

Great news, Devin. Looking forward to it!

#116 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hey everyone!
The Warp and Weft New York shoot is this Saturday, January 28th. We are reallyexcited to meet you all and have a little hang out, but most of all to see some beautiful denim and get it on film! Without further ado, here are the details for this weekend you need to know…

158 Allen Street, NYC. Its literally right behind Self Edge, so if you know where SENY is, face either direction and make two lefts or two rights and you’ll wind up at the shoot. It is the future home of Brooklyn based Feltraiger.

“Schedule”:
This is just something I wrote up to block off times. If you have a conflict please let me know and we can squeeze you in somewhere else or swap with someone. We will be shooting from noon until about six, which should give us enough time to get everyone. If you’re just coming to hang and stop by SENY and be filmed “whenever”, you are more than welcome to hang by and watch the other shoots and volunteer whenever you wish. This schedule is not set in stone, please allow for a little plus and minus on the time schedule, but we will try to adhere as much as possible.

12 – Stacks
12:30 – Jamie
1 – Face
1:30 – LandoCal126
Break
2:30 – Laxlife1234
3 – Stephen
3:30 – llvlaglne
4 - Brownmetallic
4:30 – Ashley

There are a couple of others who I am sure will “pop in” and can be filmed after the 4:30 spot. Again, this is not set in stone, just an outline, if there are any issues please let me know! If you are just planning on stopping by and are not scheduled, come any time you'd like, just please remember to be courteous! If you are planning on popping in and hope to be filmed, I'm sure we can work it out just don't expect to be able to film right away. Oh, and a little heads up would be nice...

If I have missed anyone who has contacted me before, I am very sorry and please EMAIL ME! It was not intentional! The more the merrier, lets have some fun!

What to bring:
Yourselves, a couple of stories, one to five pairs of your favorite denim, and an open mind. The interview will be very conversational, we want to know about what drives your passion for denim and how you got started in it.

Thanks again to everybody! Your interest is what drives this film, we couldn’t do it without you! Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

#117 DFreshLeish

DFreshLeish

semibored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just wanted to share a couple of screen shots from footage of this weekend... Don't judge the footage from this, obviously it's been compressed and resized and photobucket-ed to hell. Beats and Jimmy were two of the coolest people I'd ever met, it's rare to meet such genuine and aunthentic people, very cool shoot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#118 jimmyc

jimmyc

superfuture13

• supermod
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • attitude:hater

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

those pics are aweosme and i'm not just saying that cause i'm in them :)

DOUBLEXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#119 Megatron1505

Megatron1505

superjunkie

• PipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • style:rough trade
  • attitude:paranoid
  • biography:bald, ginger beard
  • wish i was in:bed
  • talents:sarcasm
  • denim:size 36

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Great shots, so jealous of you guys who can make it to the shoot.

Check us out of Facebook: https://www.facebook...140296079467244

#120 llvlaglne

llvlaglne

bored

• Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

hoping to meet them saturday