Undercover x Uniqlo

homme.homme

09_073999_large.jpganyone got any fit pics of the bulky fleece jacket?

dont think its released yet, didnt see it when i checked out uniqlo yesterday but the parkas were there, picked up a pair of the sweats been wearin them all day :rolleyes:

well, I can say that the parka and the l/s and s/s t-shirts are all cool. parka is a good length and the sizing is pretty much tts. good insulation. t-shirts have a good sleeve and hem length, pleasant enough cotton, nice neck opening. also very happy with the hoodies, despite how they were pictured on a previous page--pockets aren't saggy on mine but I recommend buying the standard uniqlo hoodies simply because of the double zips. the uniqlo fleece lined hoodie looks cool too.

didn't cop the UU fleece jacket because it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the womens version. womens version reminded me of that undercover winter collection but the mens is shitty. norse projects have a fleece jacket with the same mixed-material-pocket-thing going on, not a fan.

alternative colourway of the sneakers looks like a pair of regular chucks, as someone said before, so not copping. won't bother with the jeans either--might grab a pair when they're on sale but they don't look that special.

Edited by wanda

dont think its released yet, didnt see it when i checked out uniqlo yesterday but the parkas were there, picked up a pair of the sweats been wearin them all day :rolleyes:

Bulky Fleece has been released in the UK...

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073999

I have to agree with Wanda on the parka point. I've proxied a few of these now for various people and having handled it while repacking them, the quality overall seems very good for the price point. £129.99 is a lot for Uniqlo in some respects, but I feel it's worth the price tag.

Edited by rirawin

To add to Hang the DJ's post, someone on Styleforum took pics of the items he tried on at the SoHo location:

Stopped by the SoHo store early to try on as much UU as possible. Took a lot of pics, made an album of everything I ended up trying on http://imgur.com/a/JcTey#0. Some really good stuff, but a lot of not so good. They didn't have the peacoat or the bikers jacket in yet. Best pieces, in my opinion, are the utility parka, padded sport coat, puffy down jacket, flannel shirt jacket, wool blend cargos, sweatpants and the slim cords. Everything else was disappointing.

EDIT: forgot to mention, everything is size XS except the pants (cargos/sweats are size S and the slim cords are 29).

Edited by willy cheesesteak

Whoops, posted in superfashion, should've posted here. Yeah, like willy cheesesteak said, I went to SoHo and tried on a bunch of stuff, took some pics. I agree with most of what Hang the DJ said, but I actually liked the padded sport coat. The fleece was terrible and I didn't like the wool blended jacket, the fit was weird. Sleeves are kind of long and the surgeon cuffs make tailoring a bitch.

^+++

what's you're height/weight btw?

5'7" and about 130 lbs

Shameless self-promotion, but I proxy Uniqlo. Do it for MFA over on reddit, but I figure I should expand to sufu and SF before e-commerce makes me defunct. Just send an email over to [email protected] if you want something or just want to ask a specific fit question or something.

I think the men's utility coat looks good on you! Definitely more so than the women's. There is a women's version of the bulky fleece... but has a deep "V".

For those who are interested the Men's UU pleather jacket has been released...

09_073761.jpg

as well as the Premium down jacket...

06_073764.jpg

If anyone wants a free proxy just give me a shout :D

Edited by rirawin