Best Plain Cotton Tees?

i just went to costco for the first time in a while and they had the black tees. bought a pack of white and one of black. these are great. decent thickness, slim fitting, and pretty long. real cheap too

edit: t0fu these would probably be ok for layering. real long. longer than any other basic tee ive tried.

Edited by michaelttizzle

• 1 month later...

I'm a fan of the lacoste tees (if you don't mind the gator on it) Nice fit, washes well... overpriced though

http://shop.lacoste.com/Short-Sleeve-Jersey-Crewneck-T-shirt/dp/B000SEIM80?ie=UTF8&id=Short%20Sleeve%20Jersey%20Crewneck%20T-shirt&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2248368011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=2248368011&searchPage=1&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchRank=price

Jcrew and AA tees are my other favorites.

John Varvatos makes a great tee as well, but they're a bit short and expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

We just came out with the new styles and colors. Wassaabii!!

Also, an extended length, slimmer waist style called the "Beanstalk" for all you tall lanky dudes.

If you guys ever want to try one on the house just PM me. Always down for some sufu feedback!

uniqlo t-shirts have been my favorite so far. Nothing terribly nice but cotton is nice and soft and fit is good...slim compared to most others I own but not something I'd say fits slim if that makes sense. Has a good amount of length in the body which I like. I'm really pissed though. I was in London and bought a few, and after really liking them went to a uniqlo in Paris to buy some more. Of course since I already owned some I didn't need to try them on. Now that I'm no longer anywhere with a uniqlo I realized they're long sleeve...fuck.

just bought 6x white tees from ascolour and they are quite thinner than normal. kinda bummed, guess its a cost cutting measure?

Weight has nothing to do with cost. Maybe marginally but brands don't choose a thinner fabric because they're trying to cut costs. Some of the thinnest fabric can be the most expensive.

Our Legacy perfect tees

these are my favorite. best in their price range.

We just came out with the new styles and colors. Wassaabii!!

Also, an extended length, slimmer waist style called the "Beanstalk" for all you tall lanky dudes.

If you guys ever want to try one on the house just PM me. Always down for some sufu feedback!

the sifr tees are really comfy too. i particulary like the cut of the crewneck pocket t's.

these are my favorite. best in their price range. the sifr tees are really comfy too. i particulary like the cut of the crewneck pocket t's.

Thanks man. Chris (chrisj) mentioned you liked em. Hope you're doing good at the store! I'm opening a new one soon.

• 4 weeks later...

^ i also got ahold of a couple of beanstalks and tried them out this week. super soft and lightweight, and i'm very impressed with the fit. they're definitely going into rotation with my jils and american apparels, and i'll be ordering more in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ i also got ahold of a couple of beanstalks and tried them out this week. super soft and lightweight, and i'm very impressed with the fit. they're definitely going into rotation with my jils and american apparels, and i'll be ordering more in the future.

Thanks guys, glad you dig them. True story my father was the one that suggested we use that particular fabric.

Need to get some new basics, wondering what the best plain cotton tees for me would be? I prefer a thicker tee, and wear an xl. I want some I would be able to layer with and wear by themselves.

Last summer I picked up a two pack of Velva Sheen tees, that are really thick and made from 99 percent cotton, they've held up great and I still wear them often. I would also recommend a brand called National Anthem who again make nice thick tees. They both however are relatively expensive, but if you had checked out the other pages, you would have seen some recommendations for tees from Costco which are cheap and worth a shot. Our Legacy makes some great shirts as well.

i think it depends what you're looking for in regards to fit/styling/usage

i currently live in singapore so it's hot and humid summer vibes all year round, my rotation is pretty much 100% sifr essentials;

i do wear several cotton/hemp t-shirts from a brand called 'stay gold' i bought from a freetrade/natural fibers store called sisam.jp a few years back.