BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

a' bitch to break in' usually means a slow fade. its a shame some noobs think a slow fading jean is inferior or less-preferred than a fast fade. .

I said they seem like a bitch to break in, but respectfully I must disagree with you.

At least with my shoai, I meant that the denim has stayed uncomfortably stiff, but more importantly rough, much longer than any other denim I've worn, including 21oz denim like the S5000VX. These jeans could never fade and I wouldn't mind, but eventually I want to stop wearing cardboard pants.

I welcome the challenge, and will not give up, but these jeans are not being nice to my legs, truth be told.

edit: I see you said usually, so I guess I don't really disagree.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the size 31 Shoai last weekend from BIG too. I wanted that sze 32 Stacks!

I've done a 10 minute cold soak and so far they have stretched a good deal.

Stacks, want to trade? Mine are hemmed to a 35" inseam.

haha what the fuck will that do. what was the point of that. if you are afraid they will shrink too much wear them while you soak it. 10 minutes wont do shit. when [if] you wash them they wont fit you anymore dude.

9 months and still very dark!

how many washes though?

hotsoak for an hour and a wash at 6 months and a wash at 9 months (couple of days ago)

used quick wash (40 mins) setting on my machine using tide no dye/perfume. warm/cold rinse/spin if you really wanted to know lol

that is a nice fit. how did you size on those dj?

Well, I got a size 30, my APC NS was 29. I don't really know, I just went to BIG and tried on the 29, 30, and 31 and 30 fit me best. lol Then again fitting is subjective.

The way I saw it was that I felt that APC NS was too small in the leg opening. Leg opening for Onis were 8.5 about an inch bigger than NS. I like how the roomy the thighs were, I tried on the USA model for the Sams and I didn't like how tight it felt pre wash (though I know it'll stretch out). I'll probably never go below a 8.5 leg opening again, my next pair will probably be at around 8.75-9.

still waiting for stacks and quineskmosoaskda

sorry i just got back from vacation, will post up good pics tomorrow.

until then, here they are maybe 2-3 weeks of actual wear.

523crke8.th.jpg 525crij2.th.jpg 526crdp5.th.jpg 528crcx7.th.jpg

The 3rd one shows the denim best I think.

stacks i want to see the fit comparison on all 3 jeans that you have. I would love own a pair of shoais. or any onis for that matter

Here's the samurai s510xx AI-Ns for comparison, although I sized down a few on the Sams but went true to size with the Onis. I'll cover these more in the sam thread when they progress some more.

519crwv8.th.jpg 520crez9.th.jpg 521crtu4.th.jpg

it's a panasonic LX3. i think my true waist is about 32.

that's the only camera I've wanted in 4 years.

What's the deal with Blue In Green and Onis? Are they ever restocking?

What's the deal with Blue In Green and Onis? Are they ever restocking?

I was wondering that myself. It seems as though BIG is no longer going to sell Oni's. Someone should ask Gordon. Oni does only release their denim once a year, so may'be he took down the items because of a long wait?

• 2 weeks later...

I know the supply of Oni denim is a little low right now, so in case anyone is interested I've got a brand new pair of size 33 19oz Oni Demon Armor jeans for sale in my signature. They are just the synthetic version of the Shoai.

I've been debating selling my size 31 Oni Shoai's. I just needed a size 32. They have only had a couple minute cold soak and already are pretty tight on me. I don't know how much these babies shrink with a real wash and I'm too scared to find out. I wanted these for a long time, but my ever expanding waist saw against the perfect fit. Does anyone know how much they will really shrink in the waist?

Anwyays, here are my Oni Blue's I wore on and off in 2008.

IMG_0245.jpg

This first photo is to show true color. The overcast makes it a little hard to see some details.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got bored and decided to take a macro shot of my Oni Shoai's (Which I want to sell, size 31). They have never been worn so this is just a show case of what the denim looks like raw.

Its beautiful in person. So slubby to the touch and so many rogue warp knots.

The first shot is from about five inches away.

IMG_1255.jpg

This second shot is about an inch away from the denim.

IMG_1260.jpg

my overall opinion of this brand is meh

Your a boob, you noob.

Did you really feel the need to tell us your negative opinion?

Oni is a brand that has to be touched, worn, and seen in person to really understand. Once you put that first pair of slubby denim on and realize that you may never stop rubbing your thighs.. your hooked.

You boob.