The cozy didn't come in black?

If it did, we didn't find for the right price at the time ! - bless him.

Used to have the Bugaboo but that is a different type of tech for a different thread, bloody good transformable bits of kit though ( sorry for the temporary derail )

Resume normal service.

Check this blog for some interesting and rare pieces :http://formclothing.blogspot.co.uk/

thanks ready, that is what i was guessing about the gyakusou, but i have also seen a bunch of people talking about how warm it is compared to the weight.

couldn't find any acronym windstopper stuff that also had some insulation.

in my searching so far, the arcteryx solano is coming closest to what I am looking for, as it's windproof but breathable, and has insulation. it just doesn't have insulation in the arms. the new version is actually nice too, minimal external branding that i can see from the product shots, but maybe there is a giant logo on the back of the jacket or something.

The marmot dri clime windshirt is perfect for what it does, just is pretty boxy and has the giant marmot logo on it. I can ride in it for the entire vermont winter, save for the coldest days, which is impressive for something so lightweight and thin.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧vapor flash vest very good layering piece wow*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

egrgmi8.jpg

Ha ! - yes, I have rekindled my love for them, a fantastically comfortable shoe and one that was certainly groundbreaking.

Was even thinking of searching for another pair in black or drk gry if they are out there ?

Still got a woody for the Y3-QASA , there are now a 'must-have'.

air rifts in either obsidian or grey; full size runs i think http://www.jdsports.co.uk/search/air%20rift

I second that gap weirdness Danii.. I've handle a hightop with the same sole unit several times and it's just odd. The brand has never been shy though about saying that their shoes aren't made for function / sport. That said, I wonder if it's going to shake anyone off the Qasa if it ends up just being something purely aesthetic.

http://ahprojects.com/projects/stealth-wear

interesting if nothing else.

stealth-wear-burqa2-270x404.jpg

'Anti-Drone’ garments are designed with a metallized fabric that protects against thermal imaging surveillance, a technology used widely by UAVs/drones. The enhanced garments are lightweight, breathable, and safe to wear. They work by using highly metallized fibers to reflect heat, thereby masking the wearer’s thermal signature

Like this piece of practical kit, great for the photographers out there/ in here:

Stealth Gear Extreme Rural Photographers Smock

1520258_2.jpg1520258_4.jpg

1520258.jpg1520258_6.jpg

The Stealth Gear Extreme Rural Photographers Smock offers protection for both the photographer and their photography gear.

It is waterproof and breathable and features a large, expandable floating front pocket that allows backpack waist straps to go behind the pocket and has removable anti-shock padding.

This pocket can be used to hold the camera in place when it is around your neck, offering protection for the camera and preventing it from bouncing uncomfortably on your chest when walking.

The shoulders of the Stealth Gear Extreme Rural Photographers Smock are padded and have anti-slip camera strap grips on both sides, and the elbows are also padded for comfort.

The smock also features a detachable wired peak hood, a detachable light shade hood and insect repellent mesh face net, a large rear pocket, comfort mesh lining, under-arm vents and zipped side panels to allow easy movement.

The Stealth Gear Extreme Rural Photographers Smock has been created to make life for outdoor photographers easier. More

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

@kubrick

I have one of their "zip-ups"

it's a pretty baggy fit even though I sized down 2 (especially in the sleeves), but that's fine. It works great as an outer layer or tucked under something else. Really light, folds up compactly, is relatively windproof and pretty breathable. Ripped out the elastic at the bottom though.

One thing that kind of throws me off about their stuff is the fact that it's designed to deteriorate over time. It is made of Tyvek, but If you check out their manifesto it has something along those lines ("use it and throw it away"), and a quick text briefing on the tag even states deterioration as one of their "guarantees." While it's a cool concept, in regards to techwear it might not be so in-line. I've been keeping an eye on the garment though, and it's seemed to hold up decently well after a dozen or so wears. Only thing is that the print is wearing off.

Oh, and I'm not so sure about how prevalent that idea is in the context of their pricier pieces, but just keep that in mind before you jump on their stuff.

@danii

oh, definitely.

I guess for techwear I'd always expected sturdiness and resilience as some of the founding characteristics behind the clothing so their admittance to eventual destruction was a little off-putting.

I could try to get some pictures up if I'm not too busy.

For now, though, here's what they say on the tag:

"Guarantee

The designs printed on this garment are intended to fade, crack and gradually disappear.

This item is guaranteed to deteriorate with wear. Excessive wear and negligence recommended. This guarantee is only valid if the garment has been subjected to normal, careless usage.

We pride ourselves on providing you with an authentic, perishable piece of UEG. If you are satisfied with your purchase and have used it to its full extent - left your life's mark - you may return it or send us a picture of it; we will present it on our website www.UEG.PL. We offer no money back. Please send all items including commentary, to: [email protected]"

I do think it's pretty cool

some store across supreme la carries those tyvek jawnz

if youve handled those usps priority mail tyvek envelopes thats p much how their clothes feel

their female models look kool tho

I don't see too much discussion regarding the hoodies/pullovers that some of the tech brands produce.

Would you happen to have a small selection of rather affordable options? something with centered closing. Thanks.

I've never handled that ^ hoodie but i bought a black "tech" hoodie from nike (not sure if NSW imprint) a little more than a year ago, got it discounted down from 150$, it didn't fit which is probably why I never wore it but i'm not a fan of the way AW77 / stadium hoodies close at the top of the zip near the hood, it looks sloppy when unzipped.

the DWR was sturdy out of the box and interestingly it had bonded seams inside, but i doubt the dwr would hold up thru wash and wear.

honestly dwr applications on cotton products always seem really misguided, the DWR always seems to really limit the breathability (and cotton isn't super breathable to begin with) and with the nature of the fabric they are never that water resistant. i have a pair of SISP twist seam chinos from ss11 that I love but in the summer it's a sauna in there and they don't really keep spills out either.

i've never handled treated ventile like SI ghost stuff, outlier supermarine, etc, but i have a hard time believing it's anywhere as breathable as the marketing suggests

Dwr shouldn't reduce breathability, in fact beading off water should increase breathability as vapor can't move through waterlogged fabric.

The effectiveness of dwr on cotton is greatly reduced by the fact that cotton fibre frays heavily and therefore does not maintain a lot of surface tension, though.