hey tigerrpawn, i remember you wanted to try the 50/50 nike shirts. they're on sale for $50 + 20% with the code: FASTBREAK

free shipping over 100 if you make a nike.com acc.

http://store.nike.co...266/pgid-749185

http://store.nike.co...261/pgid-749189

i saw them yesterday and now most sizes are gone by now.

Edited by wahwho11

the thing i've been wondering is..

will this be a DSM execlusive only? maybe also selfridges?

i hope it's not some london-exclusive launch

no, DSM has just had the installation since late last year. There will also be a smaller installation at Atelier, somewhere in HK and maybe others as well.

The skull bags are the first thing to be released for sale, I imagine other bits will start coming in slowly after that. I don't know about other retailers at this point.

Thanks to Inkinsurgent and the great people at 290 square meters I'm now the owner of a beautiful Veilance Survey Jacket. Great customer service and exceptionally fast shipping from Amsterdam to Montreal. Props all around.

excellent! share a fit if you find the time

Wahwho11 thanks for the heads up. 20% off clearance makes a lot of stuff dirt cheap.

Tres, I believe they were exofficios (could be wrong). I've nearly replaced all my underwear with Nike pro combats or exofficios. The only downside is the price.

I feel it's a better fit that normal boxer briefs, feel more secure, feel like I could spear someone at any given moment. Plus they look damn good.

If you're gonna spend the money on ExOfficio or Nike, may as well step it up a couple dollars and get Icebreaker or Smartwool (Icebreaker is my favorite of the two). Unless you size down, they aren't as tight as synthetics, but for travel or long term backpacking/camping, nothing beats wool. It refuses to stink and regulates temperature far better.

I dunno, maybe I just got some defective ones; but after a couple weeks the antimicrobial on my ExOfficios seemed to wear off and they also never hold their shape anymore.

Nike/Under Armor stuff smells awful after even an hour long bike ride, much less a couple days traveling so I pretty much only use it for outdoor sports when I'm home.

As far as drying goes, I'll definitely agree that is wool's biggest downfall, but you do have to wash them much less often than synthetics. Synthetics are at least every other day for me, where I can typically get 3-4 days at minimum out of wool and even then I feel like I'm washing them because I should, not because they smell (because they still don't).

Relevant: to the dude that was asking about what to spend his amazon gift card on--to which tiger prawn suggested getting base layers--I was in the same situation and just picked up more icebreaker gear since amazon has a promo where if you spend $100 in sports apparel, you get a $20 credit. (In my case that's a free pair of exofficio boxers)

FW13 stuff just upped.

Sadly, distr./store/retail still all 'coming soon'

that shield/graph style sweat at the end looks cool. it'd be nice to be actually able to handle their stuff in person one day, though.

also, anyone who gets more than one day out of poly based underwear must naturally smell like rainbows and puppies or something. after an active day in poly briefs mine smell like a microwaved week old corpse.

i do own two patagonia capilene synthetic shorts for water-based activities. capilene dries so fast it's like magic.

Anyone have good shorts suggestions? Looking more on the cheaper side of things.

I know it's a surfer brand, but I have a pair of these I've been happy with (although I got them on sale for like $25):

http://us.shop.billabong.com/p/mens/clothing/walkshorts/carter-platinum-x?style=M2151CPX&clr=BLK

They're kinda like a cheaper Outlier Three Way -- they've got 4-way stretch, repel water and dry super quick. Decent inseam and look well enough like regular shorts and not a bathing suit the way Patagonia baggies and similar products do. Just an idea.

Er, what did you consider urban about the thread previously and what's changed from that?

On a somewhat related note:

What are the essential pieces or basics for putting together an urban techwear wadrobe?

Hoodie? Hiking/Cycling shorts? Suit? Kilt? Running shoes?

Edited by SuE

What are the essential pieces or basics for putting together an urban techwear wadrobe?

Waterproof jacket, water-resistant pants, performance base layers. That's about it. Low profile.

the way i see it, techwear means dressing well in your daily activities without sacrificing performance. if you spend most of your time in the boardroom, tech might simply mean performance baselayers under your suit and a veilance trench over it. if you're a bike messenger, you'll need everything stretchy and quick-drying with lots of rom and a clean profile.

tech wear works best if no one sees it's 'tech' and just consider you well-dressed for whatever it is you're doing.

http://store.silver-...m/?pid=55979150

Pretty good shirt from Tilak. Anyone got any suggestions for buying this online?

It's a Japan only item (at least for now), I might try to use some contacts in Tilak and hopefuly purchase one or two, maybe even logo free. [fingers crossed]

also: arc'teryx outdoor S13 dropped this week, with a lot of new pieces in their 24 line. the quiq hoody looks particularily nice, as does the new solano hooded jacket. their shirts are sadly still ass-ugly.

http://www.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=New_for_Spring_2013