GYAKUSOU : undercover lab + nike

Definitely passing on the shoes, they look too much like they'd be a fashion item to actually work well as a running shoe.

After buying a pair of the Nike Vomero+ 5 running shoes a few months ago i don't think i'll ever try another running shoe.

where can i copp in the USA? 21 mercer?

Honeyee says the collection will be a global release. I'm sure there's going to be some exclusive items e.g. isetan, nsw, quadrophenia but I'm under the impression that their basics will be available around the world.

You mean the new NSW+ (headporter) store? Can't be there, that new store is tiny, don't know where they'd put a new collection.

It's really too bad they closed the huge NSW store behind the Audi building.

Prices look really good for most of this stuff.

Yeah. The old NSW store is an underwear store.

I'd say,

UC Flagship

Isetan

Niketown Omotesando

From Nike.jp

Available on October 23, 2010

Official List of Stockists

UNDERCOVER青山店 03-3407-1232

NIKE原宿 03-6438-9203

NIKE大阪 06-6120-1310

NIKE福岡 092-738-0190

NIKE STORE吉祥寺 0422-28-0833

NIKE STORE京都 075-229-6263

J-beezy running club by Nike

http://nike.jp/running/rgr/

From Nike.jp

Available on October 23, 2010

Official List of Stockists

UNDERCOVER青山店 03-3407-1232

NIKE原宿 03-6438-9203

NIKE大阪 06-6120-1310

NIKE福岡 092-738-0190

NIKE STORE吉祥寺 0422-28-0833

NIKE STORE京都 075-229-6263

J-beezy running club by Nike

http://nike.jp/running/rgr/

YES!

Exactly what i was looking for, perfect timing for my November 10th trip to Tokyo.

ok that's it, running in japanese designed cluthinz is the new fixed gear

\

http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_news-ja_JP/2010/09/29/-nike-undercover-gyakusou-

shit you called it.

(tbqh i want to just wear this stuff while trail-running and just doing athletic stuff_

ok that's it, running in japanese designed cluthinz is the new fixed gear

\

http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_news-ja_JP/2010/09/29/-nike-undercover-gyakusou-

shit you called it.

(tbqh i want to just wear this stuff while trail-running and just doing athletic stuff_

Note how the last picture suggests that the watch window is on the Sleeve Zip Off Jacket (also says that on the Running Paths site) but I actually think that the only garment with the watch window is the SL Fabric Mix Jacket.

The last two pictures are two completely different jackets.

Can't have it all in the Sleeve Zip Off I guess…

The zoom Spider LT is supposed to be a serious running shoe, and I can't see how adding a Lunar sole could be a bad thing.

Raised heels in shoes/running shoes in make it harder to initiate proper forefoot striking which is arguably the healthier and more efficient way to run.

If he did a Free 1.0 tooling (which doesn't even exist haha) it would get performance marks in my book. But alas, you can't market a barefoot now can you?

Raised heels in shoes/running shoes in make it harder to initiate proper forefoot striking which is arguably the healthier and more efficient way to run.

If he did a Free 1.0 tooling (which doesn't even exist haha) it would get performance marks in my book. But alas, you can't market a barefoot now can you?

Which basically means you're talking about every running shoes besides your "ideal" Free 1.0 no?

Note how the last picture suggests that the watch window is on the Sleeve Zip Off Jacket (also says that on the Running Paths site) but I actually think that the only garment with the watch window is the SL Fabric Mix Jacket.

The last two pictures are two completely different jackets.

Can't have it all in the Sleeve Zip Off I guess…

The Stretch Jacket’s laser cut, no sew construction, strategic seam placement and Dri-FIT sweat-off panels are a perfect example of this streamlined rethink. A special watch window on the Fabric Mix Jacket, removable sleeves on the Zip Off Jacket and reversible headwear allow extra expression and an easier wear. The Gyakusou Zoom Spider TT+ running shoe encapsulates Nike’s latest technologies in two unique makeups, with Lunarlite foam, reactive Zoom Air, Flywire support and reflective elements that complement the all-over reflective check options on key apparel in the line.

With concealed specially developed pockets added to staple pieces like shirts, pants and shorts, a technical approach is sustained throughout. Total articulation and storage solutions were paramount during the design process. Carrying day-to-day essentials in silence is an integral part of Takahashi’s needs as a runner, ensuring his run remains a mobile personal space where he can concentrate, unwind and continually achieve. Fabrics remain quiet, while keys and coins are kept from contact — one of the designer’s main concerns, “I was using every pocket my pant had. Now with this pocket system, you can put things in with order without making noise. I think that will help the regular runner.â€

For the inaugural Fall/Holiday 10 collection, Nike and Takahashi also focused on colors. Wanting to provide an alternative to traditional running neons and brights, the result sees subtle colors that Takahashi describes “reflect a harmony with nature†fused with reflective safety details and a recurring red trim inspired by the artery vein — part of performance’s physical foundations.

-sneaker freaker

hahaha "extra expression"

i could care less about uc running shorts/leggings and the sneakers are ok (remind me of freemotions kinda).

but dat zip jacket.....

There are definitely options out there (Vibram 5 Fingers, Terra Evo, New Balance has new styles out this season) but Nike has the means to create a "better" shoe but will they go that route? Like I said the marketing machine has to basically re-invent the wheel and some how sell the shoe.

If you're going to make a performance orientated product and (as a brand like UC) have traditionally not cut corners and made authentic/true product, I think you're doing yourself a slight disservice. It's a weird topic for a fashion brand to do performance and to do it cutting edge since it's more of an extension of one's interests rather than trying to push the boundaries of performance I guess.

But to end it all, I think Takahashi is a heel striker. Maybe he gets away fine with it, but if you're of any substantial mass, you're taking a huge beating on your joints. As well cushioning prevents you from self-checking injuries. If you run with minimalist cushioning you can feel pain as it happens more so than when your sensory feedback is muted. As well since your body doesn't feel the same level of impact, it actually decreases shock-reducing behavior aka more force.

If you're interested in the topic there's a growing trend towards minimalist running shoes that lose the "Air", lose the "Lunarfoam", and Nike's own people have questioned the super supportive and corrective midsoles we see on all the footwear now.

Just like the FDA instituted a food period that is quickly being proven wrong, same goes towards supportive running shoes with massive midsoles.