Nudie Jeans

arcanum

Wondering if anyone could help me with sizing.

So finally Nudie has brought back the Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (named Back 2 Black now). I own the Nudie Grim Tim Dry Dirt Organic in 32/34 but I definitely could have gone with the 33 in the end. Would it be safe to assume I should get a 33 in the TF B2B? Being stretch and not as rigid as the DDO, it should give me some margin for error.

Their fit guide of course doesn't show the 33 measurements and I know that certain styles of denim within the same style can be a full size different.

Wondering if anyone could help me with sizing.

So finally Nudie has brought back the Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (named Back 2 Black now). I own the Nudie Grim Tim Dry Dirt Organic in 32/34 but I definitely could have gone with the 33 in the end. Would it be safe to assume I should get a 33 in the TF B2B? Being stretch and not as rigid as the DDO, it should give me some margin for error.

Their fit guide of course doesn't show the 33 measurements and I know that certain styles of denim within the same style can be a full size different.

Thin Finn is a tighter fit than the Grim Tim, but it has the elastane so there will be some stretch.  I think the 33 would be a safe bet and would probably work out great if you're thinking you should have had a 33 in the Grim Tim (in the end).

The 32 would be a bit tighter, but I don't think it would be uncomfortable because of the stretch.  I guess it just depends on how tight or loose you want them.

Measurements from cut to cut vary, so look at the measurements side by side of both cuts and find the size in Thin Finn you think will work best based on compared measurements.

Quick question:

I have some raw denim Tight Long Johns that I washed (after a year and a lot of dirt). They are really really tight now. Can I do something to fasten the widening process? I wear them regularly but they won´t loosen up.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shamelessly looking to shift a couple of pairs of selvage Regular Alfs that have been sitting unworn in my wardrobe for a few years:

1) BNWT W32/L32 - £90 plus postage

2) W31/L32 - worn a couple of times around the house only, never worn outside, never washed/soaked. They have plain back pockets as I painstakingly removed the arcs - £60 plus postage

PM me for further details, pictures, measurements, offers, etc.

I found some Straight Sven in plain non-streaky selvedge.  I had a pair of dbs years ago which got too large.

I won't be destitching the pockets or anything.  It's on my short list of great fits so I'll keep em deadstock, as-is.  I just don't care if it sucks.   I probably won't get to them for another ten years anyway  :laugh:

Nudie is a love/hate relationship I think. I personally like them. I have had this pair of Grim Tims for two years and it's my odd jobs around the house pair and a pair I generally trash. Give it another couple of years and this pair I think will look really good. Probably about 6 months of actual wear. DDO is quite a stubborn denim.

14272812373_555591a677_o.jpg

14066053227_37095aae8a_o.jpg

14065978769_3ba8e1fa1a_o.jpg

14065968748_f6e59378ac_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys anyone have any fit pics of the black ring nudie grim tims? Tried to find some on the net but couldnt find any. Thinking of sizing down to a 29 from my TTS which is 30 xhat do you guys think? Which is why im asking if there is any fit pics on these on the net if so post away!

Arright. Just got my Nudie black ring grim tims in sz.29. I sized down 1 from my tts.

Here are the fit pics.

14499367478_694535d7ba_b.jpg

14683628234_1d8ce15ea7_b.jpg

Edited by JaySongz

Grim Tim - Open Dry Selvage.

This is what the pair looked like brand new.

2_zpsee0ff801.jpg

After 11 months of wear, first wash after 6 months and has had I believe 3 more washes since.

It has a low contrast, more vintage looking fade, which I was aiming for. Currently working on a pair of SKs from Rogue Territory, aiming for a bit more, but not high contrast.

2_zpsaf68d054.jpg

7_zpsbc798977.jpg

I am not buying Nudies anymore, for no apparent reason, but they were my first pair of RAW denim 10 years ago. Actually they were pretty much my first pair of jeans. Probably the only Dutchmen who didn't like/wear jeans, too working class for me. Lost a soccer bet to my raw-denim-wearing-buddies and the forfeit was that I had to wear these for 180 days straight without a wash. I thought they were crazy at the time; The Horror.

Not sure what the weight of these (Graycasts) were, but my god they were like cardboard and it took me 3 weeks before they became anything near comfortable. In the process though I learnt to love em. Never looked back. Got a whole load of raw denims now in every phase of the fading process. Looking back how I thought I realize that  the outide world probably doesn't get what we get. The don't see the beauty, they probably thing: "that guy needs a new pair of jeans".

14727974913_1ca8cc3b7a_o.jpg

14521452689_4f4ddb789d_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need to take a decent picture of my Nudie Gunnar shirt soon!

This one was taken by Victor from Solo in Malmö with his mobile phone.

Enjoy!

2014-08-30%2012.30.40%201_rs.jpg

Here are two of my pictures I took a couple of days ago an early morning.

Sadly I only had my mobile phone on me.

So quality is a bit so so.

As I said. I will try to take some proper pictures later on.

DSC_0639_1_rs.jpg

DSC_0638_rs.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New pick up. Found these on sale online. Got these 2 sizes down from my tts which is 30

Nudie grim tim dry dirt organic in 28/34

At first they were the tightest thing ive ever put on, but with a little push got these to fit.

Once buttoned, couldnt even like walk in them, since knowing these are more rigid than the rest of the grim tims ive put on, i knew these would stretch a good amount. After walking in them for an hour they feel great and stretched perfectly. Here is a fit pic.

15174445800_c7a8feb966_b.jpg[/url]